Apr 01, 2012, 03:02 PM
my bad
to remove ads between posts
Apr 01, 2012, 04:38 PM
Outdoor Extremist
thats not what Im calling into question im calling into question why you would think you can just drop 4s into this truck, I race 2 rustler vxl's and i gurantee you without serious modding to the transmission and differential and output yokes and driveshafts its not gonna stand up to 4s
Apr 01, 2012, 09:48 PM
Again, 4s LiFe is more like 3s Lipo...

The stock transmission should be fine with the stock motor and that voltage as long as he isn't mashing it from reverse to forward, etc.
Apr 02, 2012, 06:49 PM
Outdoor Extremist
and even the stock set up cant really handle 3s in the truck stock, trust me been down that road and back multiple times
Sep 04, 2013, 09:09 PM

I know this is an old thread...

Old thread, but still relevant simply because it popped up first when googling vxl and 4s.

My 2 cents

3s on stock output yokes... basically where the half shafts join the actual gearing... ripped right through the plastic when I hit a rough patch. Perhaps if I had loosened the slipper more it wouldn't have happened. But 3s on a stock rusty is going to break stuff fast.

I've installed steal shafts in the back since, but if I upgrade to a 4s capable ESC or motor it'll be on a 1/8 scale.... 2s is the sweet spot on rustler, 3s is super sex and ok with upgrades (or without, but you will be purchasing shortly), 4s is basically like putting a turbo on your lawnmower and wont end up being worth it.

cheers
t
Sep 05, 2013, 02:45 AM
Sure it'll work
I would love to hear how things worked out for the OP.
Sep 13, 2013, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbox
Old thread, but still relevant simply because it popped up first when googling vxl and 4s.

My 2 cents

3s on stock output yokes... basically where the half shafts join the actual gearing... ripped right through the plastic when I hit a rough patch. Perhaps if I had loosened the slipper more it wouldn't have happened. But 3s on a stock rusty is going to break stuff fast.

I've installed steal shafts in the back since, but if I upgrade to a 4s capable ESC or motor it'll be on a 1/8 scale.... 2s is the sweet spot on rustler, 3s is super sex and ok with upgrades (or without, but you will be purchasing shortly), 4s is basically like putting a turbo on your lawnmower and wont end up being worth it.

cheers
t
The OP was talking about 4s LiFE not 4s LiPo... big difference in voltage. LiFE is 3.3v/cell nominal vs 3.7v/cell for LiPo.
Sep 16, 2021, 03:33 AM

zachwylde00

Ok you want the answer to this question? I had a car to burn so for the sake of solving your argument I ran a vxl 3s on 4s lipo with 35/55 gearing and it was about to melt I mean 2 more seconds after putting it on the ground and hitting go I got a top speed of 91.2mph before it shut down and crashed for lack of control. There was slight heat damage to the wiring but no blackened or burnt copper. It was fast and if I were to try that again it would burn up before reaching top speed. I imagine the motor will fry within a month on 2s lipo now. There you have it!
Sep 16, 2021, 03:42 AM
Ok you want the answer to this question? I had a car to burn so for the sake of solving your argument I ran a vxl 3s on 4s lipo with 35/55 gearing and it was about to melt I mean 2 more seconds after putting it on the ground and hitting go I got a top speed of 91.2mph before it shut down and crashed for lack of control. There was slight heat damage to the wiring but no blackened or burnt copper. It was fast and if I were to try that again it would burn up before reaching top speed. I imagine the motor will fry within a month on 2s lipo now. There you have it! By the way that was a ford gt and I am going in with the vxl 4s and plan on advancing the timing burst and regearing to beat a traxxas xo-1

Quick Reply