Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Mar 17, 2012, 03:12 PM
Registered User
Discussion

Cox tee dee .09 . remove parts.


Hi.
I need your help.
I do not know how disassemble it.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 17, 2012, 05:07 PM
Registered User
surfer_kris's Avatar
It is the same design on all TD engines. Pull the propdriver of first, then undo the alu-nut in front of the black plastic.
Mar 17, 2012, 05:10 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
pmackenzie's Avatar
FWIW, I always used the nut that holds the carb body in place to push the drive washer off.
Either way, you do need the correct wrench to do this job.
Mar 18, 2012, 11:02 PM
Vi ne donu ĝin
coriolan's Avatar
You can get the Cox TD .09 wrench and somr other parts here:
http://coxengines.ca/cox-.09-wrench.html
When you unscrew the aluminium ring holding the venturi body, it will push out the prop driver(Its held on the splinned front part of the crankshaft). Then the black plastic body will slid off, this part often break with time but you can get replacement aluminium body from eBay.
Mar 19, 2012, 01:03 AM
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan
You can get the Cox TD .09 wrench and somr other parts here:
http://coxengines.ca/cox-.09-wrench.html
When you unscrew the aluminium ring holding the venturi body, it will push out the prop driver(Its held on the splinned front part of the crankshaft). Then the black plastic body will slid off, this part often break with time but you can get replacement aluminium body from eBay.
Interesting. Never new there are alu body's out there.
Mar 19, 2012, 12:21 PM
Vi ne donu ĝin
coriolan's Avatar
There is quite a few after market venturi body made for Cox TD .010/.049/.051/.09/.15 as the originall plastic part crack after awhile at the thread location. Meccoa has some venturi body for TD & Medallion too:
https://shop.mecoa.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=36
Mar 19, 2012, 01:34 PM
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan
There is quite a few after market venturi body made for Cox TD .010/.049/.051/.09/.15 as the originall plastic part crack after awhile at the thread location. Meccoa has some venturi body for TD & Medallion too:
https://shop.mecoa.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=36
I have bought parts from Xenalook in the past, did'nt know Randy Linsalato did have Cox parts. But I cannot see those alu TD housings.
Mar 19, 2012, 02:00 PM
Vi ne donu ĝin
coriolan's Avatar
Vintage Glow Engines used to sell them direct and off eBay, but their site has been out for some time:
http://www.vintageglowengines.com/index.html
He's got email: reggie@vintageglowengines.com
Cox International has the version for TD .020,and I have seen some on eBay recently for TD .010(maybe this seller also has parts for other TD)
http://coxengines.ca/cox-.020-carburetor-body-red.html
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Car...65684985272764
Mar 20, 2012, 04:51 AM
Registered User
The .09 carb body is hard to come by.Mecoa has been threatening to make them for a long time but so far they have not.I like to remove the piston/cylinder and back plate and all other parts from the motor then drive the crank out with a screw and a hammer. That usually pops the drive washer off and then unscrew the aluminum ring off that secures the plastic carb body .The aluminum ring can be damaged if the prop drive washer doesn't want to come off easily.The Cox wrench always seems to screw up the slots on the aluminum ring so be carefull .Just had to change my carb body out and was lucky to find one from a fellow modeler.The aluminum replacements are pretty but not for a collecter motor and they may have a sealing problem for a runner.Just my two cents worth of advice...

Mike1484
Mar 20, 2012, 04:55 AM
Registered User
By the way the venturi body slides off. It may be a bit tight ,just rock it from side to side and pull on it.

Mike1484
Mar 20, 2012, 11:27 PM
Cox Engine Hoarder
Jason_WI's Avatar
Or you can fix your carb body with a turned aluminum collar like this.
Mar 21, 2012, 02:43 AM
Registered User
Reginald's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan
Vintage Glow Engines used to sell them direct and off eBay, but their site has been out for some time:
http://www.vintageglowengines.com/index.html
He's got email: reggie@vintageglowengines.com
Cox International has the version for TD .020,and I have seen some on eBay recently for TD .010(maybe this seller also has parts for other TD)
http://coxengines.ca/cox-.020-carburetor-body-red.html
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Car...65684985272764
Thanks for the information. I may order a few of those red anodised cases
Mar 22, 2012, 12:00 PM
Registered User
Thank for the information.
Jason_WI...in my engine, that repair is not possible.

I have to buy one.
Aluminum is expensive.
Mecoa is cheaper but no stock at the moment.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted cox tee dee 09 r/c rhinopius Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 1 Nov 06, 2011 09:50 AM
Sold Cox Tee Dee .09 glow heads jsesere Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 2 Oct 28, 2011 02:37 AM
Sold NIB Cox Tee Dee .09 x 2 NEW Aero12 Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 1 Oct 14, 2011 08:40 AM
Wanted Cox Tee Dee .09 parts needed jsesere Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 1 Nov 01, 2009 09:19 PM