Mar 16, 2012, 02:23 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Futaba? Jr? Wfly?

Different pilot have different choice concerning radio for their beloved aerocraft..
It is no doubt that FUTABA and JR can offer unique operating experience on dailylife.
There must be a hardship times when you decided the first radio set for your own.
Some of pilot are show their great interests in comparing different brand radios.
In order to satisfy some of pilot's requirement, on a bright sunny day, I had list function comparision among three brands radio, that is FUTABA, JR and WFLY.
Below photo offers simple but correct function display under organization.

FUTABA T7C

WFLY-WFT07

Last edited by WFLYRC; Mar 25, 2012 at 09:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2012, 02:32 AM
And your point is ? Your radio is equal to the other brand names? Nice try... a carefuly selected list of features that match is not enough.
The first mandatory comparison you must do, is between the radio you are trying to push and FlySky 9X with er9X software and Frsky RF.
If it pass, which I doubt, you can try continue compare it with a brand radio.
Mar 16, 2012, 04:28 AM
Seems there is no big difference among the three models just from the features. But why should I use your radio since Futaba and JR are brands?
Mar 16, 2012, 05:34 AM
increasingly buying a brand is just that - the chinese radios are just about there now in terms of features and reliability

I still fly Hitec and won't change from that any time soon for reliability and signal strength over distance
and I use Sanwa for surface vehicles

but

if i were to buy a surface radio today i'd look at Frsky etc

in another 18 months time it will likely be an entirely academic question whether you fly JR or Futaba or Hitec or Fsky/Walkera etc... as from an engineering stand point there won't be anything in it
Mar 16, 2012, 07:39 AM
Not so far... just wait the summer
Last edited by renatoa; Mar 16, 2012 at 10:08 AM.
Mar 16, 2012, 08:20 AM
Oxford Panic
I still have issues with the build quality of the non-brand radios, particularly where hand-assembly is required, there's quite a lot in any transmitter and this is where the points of failure are most likely.

A.
Mar 16, 2012, 08:26 AM
Suspended Account
WFT07 = DSSS
I have nothing else to add it's just a CRAP modulation.
Mar 16, 2012, 08:32 AM
Retired US Navy
I didn't realise he was a sponsor. By specs of the three I would go for the JR.
Mar 16, 2012, 09:58 AM
Why even include the Futaba 7C in the comparison, a radio that's being replaced by the T8J. For the sport flyer, a lot more radio for the money and much cheaper receivers.
Pete
Mar 16, 2012, 10:55 AM
"I didn't realise he was a sponsor. By specs of the three I would go for the JR. "

I would be cautious using only specs. There is/are specs, and specsmanship. They can be manipulated to represent almost anything.

Les
Mar 19, 2012, 07:56 PM
Thread OP
Specification can not represent everything, and even can not become an evidence for selecting, But specification can tell you something about this product. Once you are decide to experience it, you will know everything for that.
Last edited by WFLYRC; Mar 21, 2012 at 02:18 AM.
Mar 19, 2012, 09:07 PM
Balsa addiction since age 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFLYRC
Specification can not reoresent everything, and even can not become an evidence for selecting, But specification can tell you something about this product. Once you are decide to experience it, you will know everything for that.
Correct...

After sales support is also a HUGE factor... Are the receivers readily available? Can the transmitter be repaired in country? Is there telemetry option? 10 model memory seems very low in this day and age.

Scott
Mar 21, 2012, 02:16 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSails
Correct...

After sales support is also a HUGE factor... Are the receivers readily available? Can the transmitter be repaired in country? Is there telemetry option? 10 model memory seems very low in this day and age.

Scott
I can not agree with you more. That is the reason why I am here to wait for the problem those who have.10 model memory seems enough at that time. what do you think of an radio which had 85 model memory?
If you are interests. you can click here to see more information about WFLY radio. http://www.wflysz.com/en/product.asp
Mar 21, 2012, 05:19 PM
Where are they available from? Leigh
Mar 21, 2012, 10:46 PM
///////
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee8sec
Where are they available from? Leigh
Himodel in China has some WFly radios, this model cosy about $ 101.45:
http://www.himodel.com/radios/WFT07_...el_Memory.html
They have other models too but most are back order!

Quick Reply