Jul 14, 2012, 06:31 PM

a3 is awesome and GLB seem ok so far

Hi Gents,
I see the usual debate about GLB. I am in no way connected to them besides being a customer, and have had no dramas with them.It has been simple transactions. I choose a product and pay via paypal and it arrived working. So far so good. After reading some horror stories about credit details being madepublic on the internet I just pay via Paypal and I feel covered. So FWIW, I recommended them given thier amazing prices for most things, but I too would be happy to lose a low cost transaction with them to "bad luck!" if it never arrived - I think thats a possible risk with most international vendors, particularly from another country/language.

In other news the Eagle A3 is just fantastic peice of kit. Small, simple to set up and does exactly what we want it to. The way of the future I reckon - small planes flown in public urban places in strong wind etc, with greater control - a win for all players!

Cheers,
Matt
Last edited by pheonix3; Jul 15, 2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: correcting stupid spelling mistakes to make better sense!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 14, 2012, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheonix3
Hi Gents,
I see the usual debate about GLB. I am in no way connected to them besides being a customer, and have had no dramas with them.It has been simple transactions. I choose a product and pay via paypal and it arrived working. So far so good. After reading some horror stories about credit details being madepublic on the internet I just pay via Paypal and I feel covered. So FWIW, I recommended them given thier amazing prices for most things, but I too would be happy to look a low cost transaction with them to "bad luck!" if it never arrived - I think thats a possible risk with most interest vendors, particularly from another country/language.

In other news the Eagle A3 is just fantastic peice of kit. Small, simple to set up and does exactly what we want it to. The way of the future I reckon - small planes flown in public urban places in strong wind etc, with greater control - a win for all players!

Cheers,
Matt
Matt,

When I saw a double Paypal payment for one A3 Pro I instantly sent them and email telling them to send two of them since I made a double payment due to their confusing website checkout process. The GLB support person who responded was not able to comprehend what I said and came back to ask me for PAYPAL transaction numbers. By the time I sent them the transaction numbers (2 hours) they had processed the one order and could not process and ship another without refunding the money and then reordering (seems kind of dumb to me). It's just a hassle.

Bill
Jul 15, 2012, 03:09 PM
Keep it simple
Hi everyone,

Here's another movie showing the A3 Pro avcs mode again. I tried to put the transmitter into shot from time to time as well. Great piece of kit. Hope you enjoy the movie.

Al

Eagle A3 Pro Extra330 15 July 2012 (6 min 8 sec)
Jul 15, 2012, 03:43 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
Great job Al.
I like your videos, and Ahhhh...flying.
I have to get to work and finish the plane I started for this project.
Rn
Jul 15, 2012, 04:42 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfoot
Hi everyone,

Here's another movie showing the A3 Pro avcs mode again. I tried to put the transmitter into shot from time to time as well. Great piece of kit. Hope you enjoy the movie.

Al
Nice video!
Jul 15, 2012, 06:40 PM
Ok this 3 axis gyro is pretty cool and I am really liking them in my planes now but what if you got a plane that uses individual channels for each servo? For example, ailerons on seperate channels used as flaperons, would that defeat the use of this gyro? If you had two gyros, one to run the left side servos and another to run the right side servos, would the two gyros conflict with each and cause a problem? I have a jet I really want to put gyro functions into the ailerons and I don't want to use a Y adaptor to make this gyro work.
Jul 15, 2012, 10:57 PM
I received the Paypal refund for the double payment to GoodLuckBuy for the A3Pro. It's Monday in China so they did it Monday morning. Next is a shipping notification for the one I bought.
Last edited by Prof100; Jul 26, 2012 at 09:08 AM.
Jul 15, 2012, 11:11 PM
ancora imparo
Just hook up one aileron. Works fine to stabilise most planes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalleyB0Y
Ok this 3 axis gyro is pretty cool and I am really liking them in my planes now but what if you got a plane that uses individual channels for each servo? For example, ailerons on seperate channels used as flaperons, would that defeat the use of this gyro? If you had two gyros, one to run the left side servos and another to run the right side servos, would the two gyros conflict with each and cause a problem? I have a jet I really want to put gyro functions into the ailerons and I don't want to use a Y adaptor to make this gyro work.
Jul 15, 2012, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100
I received the Paypal refund for the double payment to GoodLuckBuy for the A3Pro. It's Monday in China so they did is Monday morning. Next is a shipping notification for the one I bought.
Good here you got your $$ back :-)
Jul 17, 2012, 12:00 AM
ancora imparo

GLB shipping

Just for info for those waiting on A3's from GoodLuckBuy.

My Heatshrink order arrived yesterday 16 July and was ordered 21 June. Exactly as ordered and excellent value.

So for deliveries down under , I would be allowing at least 3 weeks before I even started to get concerned about anything from them. Will let folks know if/when the replacement A3Pro arrives.

John
Jul 17, 2012, 06:04 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604
Just hook up one aileron. Works fine to stabilise most planes.
If you do that though, you're reducing the maximum gyro gain effect to 50%. So with an airplane with not too much throw on the ailerons, sometime, it may not be enough and the Y may be the only solution. Makes you wonder if they will ever come out with a gyro system with the extra hardware for two ailerons. That would be nice. (and heavy on the wiring )
Jul 17, 2012, 08:40 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler
If you do that though, you're reducing the maximum gyro gain effect to 50%. So with an airplane with not too much throw on the ailerons, sometime, it may not be enough and the Y may be the only solution. Makes you wonder if they will ever come out with a gyro system with the extra hardware for two ailerons. That would be nice. (and heavy on the wiring )
Here's one.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1596644
It will do a lot of other stuff too. Including doubling our price point.
Rn
Jul 17, 2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek
Here's one.
Rn
I bought one too and it came in yesterday. It really needs a radio with a dial to set gain remotely and a spare 3 way switch to select off, 2D or 3D. My old style DX7 is getting stretch marks. With a slider or knob It will provide remote gain control.
Last edited by Prof100; Jul 26, 2012 at 09:10 AM.
Jul 17, 2012, 10:06 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek
Here's one.
Rn
I knew there was quite a few system around Rdnek... I simply meant that I hope Eagle will come up with a dual aileron version. Like you, I kind of like their lower price!!! And adding a second aileron port on their board should not increase the price by too much.
Jul 17, 2012, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler
I knew there was quite a few system around Rdnek... I simply meant that I hope Eagle will come up with a dual aileron version. Like you, I kind of like their lower price!!! And adding a second aileron port on their board should not increase the price by too much.
I just received my Eagletree Guardian and it appears to handle ailerons on separate channels. Go to Eagletree and look up the Guardian and download the manual. I would post it here but it is too off topic for the thread.
Last edited by Prof100; Jul 26, 2012 at 09:10 AM.

Quick Reply