This thread is privately moderated by racerxky, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 15, 2012, 05:42 PM
Watts is where its at!
Discussion

First Fruits from Cutter Research

My research into vinyl cutters has its first tangible results. I really like the Silhouette Cameo. It's only 12" wide but it is the cheapest cutter I was looking into and its performance with our materials and ease of use are great. I would like to find a wider cutter that has similar cost and performance. I may get to evaluate one of the chinese cutters from USCutter.

Evaluating these machines is expensive and time consuming. If something is not going well it can take a lot of messing around to decide if the problem is your setup, the machine or the software. Many test cuts have to be made changing just one variable at a time. I'm not keen on wasting my time like that too often.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2013, 12:02 AM
Always Ready!
Your inbox is full so I can't reply via PM.

Regarding my Grumman Goose:

I just use Adobe Illustrator and carefully measure everything in 2D. The CL415 should be pretty easy because it's a flat-sided fuselage and flat-bottom wing.
Feb 13, 2013, 02:01 AM
Watts is where its at!
Got it. Thanks!