HobbyWireless.com Customer Service? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 15, 2012, 12:17 AM
Moderately Dangerous
Discussion

HobbyWireless.com Customer Service?

Has anyone else had problems with HobbyWireless?

My "Plug and Play" FPV setup was sent with a bad camera (Fat Shark CCD Killer w/ pan/tilt pod). Voltage switch was set to 5v, wiring is correct (it's done by them in this kit, so it better be.), and everything else worked fine. I was able to hear audio through the mic on the transmitter board, so I know the Video Tx/Rx was working. I grabbed a camera from a friend and hooked that up, and it works just fine.

So I started a trouble ticket with HobbyWireless 4 days ago. They did not respond until Monday which is understandable considering I sent in the request on a Saturday. They wanted me to take a picture of everything before they would help me. The same day I explained this wasn't possible due to the fact I had already wired up a different camera to get the system working. It took them another 2 days to respond to that and they just insisted I take a picture.

It just seems odd that a company with a stated "Customer Satisfaction Guarantee" is making me jump through hoops to switch out a bad unit. Just RMA the thing...I've had better support through NitroPlanes which is notoriously mediocre.

Is there some other company I should be dealing with in the future? I've heard great things about ReadyMadeRC.com, but went with HobbyWireless because they were cheaper. Maybe there's a reason for that, eh?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2012, 01:39 AM
Team White Llama!
as far as vendors go, a picture really isn't to bad. Goodluckbuy sends you a bag with bolts in it, hoping some of them fit. etc.etc.etc.

readymade is really really good.

i personally haven't had a problem with hobbywireless, i'd just give'em the picture
Mar 15, 2012, 03:16 AM
Moderately Dangerous
Yeah, I'd rather not cut apart my working FPV system, and re-wire up the bad camera, just to take pictures. Not sure what they could tell from that either...
Mar 15, 2012, 06:25 AM
Member #1
ReadymadeRC are great, EagleTree systems are even better.
Mar 15, 2012, 03:31 PM
Engineer for Christ
Hobby Wireless is one of the bigger vendors. I think they have 2 or 3 full time people just answering Emails and they are still behind due to the sheer volume. Just send them the photo. They need to be certain everything they tell you/send you is correct, that's all.

I'm sure they'll take care of it. Maybe not in 2 hours, but certainly within a week.

-Alex
Mar 15, 2012, 07:48 PM
Member #1
Yeah broseph, put it back together and just send the photo mate!
Mar 15, 2012, 07:51 PM
Moderately Dangerous
What a hassle. It's not like this is rocket science, there's only 3 wires in question. Whatever, guess I have to jump through hoops if I want them to give me a new camera or refund (hopefully).
Jun 09, 2012, 11:12 AM
DS state of origin NSW Vs QLD
I have had nothing but a great experience with Hobby Wireless,
Done quite a few orders now, I had to send a faulty Lawmate product back and they promptly replaced it after checking it out.

I can highly recommend them to anyone.
I will be happy to purchase all my gear from them in the future too.

Well done Hobby Wireless!!! Your support has exceeded my expectations.

Regards

Peter
Jun 09, 2012, 05:04 PM
yeah, hobbywireless has been on point for me too. i get my stuff shipped to me in middle east, stuff comes promptly, and i just keep on ordering from, as much as i can. due to bad planning, if i place like two orders w/i 2-3 days, theyll credit me back the shipping from one order, and throw everything in one box. email response great too.
Jun 09, 2012, 05:26 PM
I am disappointed about hobbywireles and their customer service too.

Regards
Roberto Montiel
Madrid - Spain