Mar 13, 2012, 04:15 PM
I make metal smaller.
Thread OP
Discussion

(yet another one of these)Can you Identify these planes?

The title says it all...
I might have another great deal on some planes lined up, just need to know a bit about them.
Can anyone tell me who makes these, and what a fair price might be?
These are from an old lady whose husband died a few months ago. If we want them my aunt is going to bring them down this weekend, but I'd like to know what they are first...
Thanks again!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 13, 2012, 04:17 PM
If it's foam, probably Byron kits; if not, Tower/Great Planes had an ARF Beech for 1.o+ engines. You can probably google that.

As usual, I jumped in without doing that.

howell
Mar 13, 2012, 04:21 PM
I make metal smaller.
Thread OP
I don't think they're foam, but I dont know. Looks like wood or fiberglass to me.
Looks like IC engines in them, unknown anything else. I'm looking around online now.
Mar 13, 2012, 04:33 PM
I make metal smaller.
Thread OP
Just found this, thought it was interesting...look at the picture above, then look at this: http://www.nasm.si.edu/collections/a...d=A19810023000
I think it might actually be the one from the air and space museum!!!!

Edit- I'm dumb, of course they have the full scale in there and not a model....d'oh!

Unless the picture is of the full scale and I'm getting the bottom one thats the rc one..
Last edited by Endlesslag; Mar 13, 2012 at 04:43 PM.
Mar 13, 2012, 04:38 PM
AMA 537620
The one in the bottom clearly has a gas engine in it. Most Byron staggerwings were powered by G-38 engines. It's probably a Byron kit. They had a fiberglass fuse and balsa sheeted foam wings and the wings were removable in the exact same fasion.
Mar 13, 2012, 04:41 PM
AMA 537620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesslag
Just found this, thought it was interesting...look at the picture above, then look at this: http://www.nasm.si.edu/collections/a...d=A19810023000
I think it might actually be the one from the air and space museum!!!!

Unless the picture is of the full scale and I'm getting the bottom one thats the rc one..
The top plane is the full scale plane, the bottom is the model.
Mar 13, 2012, 04:43 PM
I make metal smaller.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillPhatCat
The one in the bottom clearly has a gas engine in it. Most Byron staggerwings were powered by G-38 engines. It's probably a Byron kit. They had a fiberglass fuse and wood sheeted foam wings and the wings were removable in the exact same fasion.
You know what? I think you're right. That was fast..and yeah the top one is definitely the full scale so I think they sent 2 pictures for comparison. I guess the guy's wife emailed us a picture they had on their computer or something..who knows. That makes sense now.
Mar 14, 2012, 06:06 AM
Well, I would opt to get the top one myself. Not to be greedy, just that it has a slightly better shine.

Quick Reply