Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Mar 12, 2012, 02:48 PM
Find More Posts by georgy
Allways the hard way!
Discussion

Good slot-jet candidate: Definition

I'm positively hooked on prop-slot-jets after my 1st jet, the Skyray. Been flying the stickers off this plane every afternoon after work! Still can't get over how docile this bird is, & the very slow landing approach.

The question is now what next? Clearly delta's are good, and other big-wing birds like the F22 or twin-engine jobbies like F15/18 MIG25s & Sukois. (plenty prop-slot space)

My question is: What makes the ideal airframe lay-out. Looking at the selection of plans, there aren't too many, & mostly in the catagory as above. (not that there aren't more than i could ever build, but i have to be different - often at my own peril!)

so purely based on what you gentleman know to work, what would the characteristics be of a good slot-jet?

George
to remove ads between posts