Mar 16, 2012, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012
Well, ... Use ... whatever..."
When discharged, the inside of a firearm's muzzel is exposed to high internal temperatures and very reactive "internal" chemicals, and if not properly cared for could result in the muzzle exploding, or possibly worse cause a "security" breach resulting in even more loss of life/property. I think this "security" risk, is the main reason gun enthusiasts almost immediately clean their firearms each and every time they have a "discharge" session.

How many heli enthusiasts want to tear down their heli, each and every time their heli takes a "dive" for the "team"? Not me, not if I can find a better lower maintenance way of preventing unwanted stuff from entering into a bearing. I believe grease will do the low maintenance job for a heli bearing, because I believe with a bearing the problem isn't about internal stuff getting bad by itself like happens with a gun, but with external stuff getting inside.

Lets use our eyes as an example. If eyes are dry, they will probably cause the owner unwanted grief. Now, lets try to find solutions for the dryness. Water, or any other non-irritating "lubricant". Problem fixed.

Now let's take up a notch, and consider dry eyes in a sand storm, and for whatever "Godly" reason we weren't allowed to "seal" the eyes with goggles, and were only allowed to use lubricants. Which do you think you'd grab to protect your eyes: Water or some kind of non-irritating grease? I've had a pie thrown in my face. No big deal, just close eyes before pie hits eyes, then reopen eyelids, and now I have a sand-proof protective thick "grease" coating protecting my eyes. If afterwords someone throws sand at the grease, the sand will stick to the grease, but not go through it into my eyes. I think Bob was essentially doing the same thing with his grease, and then running the bearings for a little while on a drill to make a hole in the grease for the balls to "race" in. I imagined, afterwards, when all the "junk" was being thrown at the outside of his greased bearing, the junk would adhere to the grease, but not be able to work its way through the grease into the "ball" area.

No?

Do you really believe the CLP stuff you adamantly want others to use on their heli bearings will do a better job of preventing "junk" from getting into the bearing internal "races"?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 17, 2012, 11:12 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812

Do you really believe the CLP stuff you adamantly want others to use on their heli bearings will do a better job of preventing "junk" from getting into the bearing internal "races"?
Yup,,,...Absolutely! Many do use it on their helis and other RC toys!!! Break Free CLP PUSHES DIRT OUT and keeps it out !!!! Again, you didn't read my post.

For many of us living in a cold climate (especially near the ocean) Break Free CLP is no stranger to the workshop.

Speaking of cold climate. For those of you who can remember the days before automatic car door locks. Ever come out on a very cold morning only to find your car door locks are frozen solid? How about that padlock on the shed that sat all winter long? I "never" had a problem! EVER!

Grease does serve it's purpose in the world of mechanics but, sometimes it's best left on the shelf.

BTW, I'm not pushing Break Free CLP down anyone's throat. Triflow is suppose to be another excellent lube but, I have never tried it.

So, again, Mr i812, You stay with your grease and I'll stay with my Break Free CLP.

Warning to all: Some grease is not plastic friendly. Choose wisely.

Now, as Forest Gump says...."That's all I have to say about that."

Happy Flying All,
Mike.
Apr 26, 2012, 05:28 PM
Southern Pride
CLP Break Free is fantastic. I use it on all of my firearms, RC model bearings, computer power supply fans, RC P/S fans, household furnace / AC blower etc. Been using it for many years and have never found anything nearly as good.

3 in one oil gets gummy, most special model oils get gummy.

Charles
May 02, 2012, 10:00 PM
Coaxial to CP? *shrugs*
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
CLP Break Free is fantastic. I use it on all of my firearms, RC model bearings, computer power supply fans, RC P/S fans, household furnace / AC blower etc. Been using it for many years and have never found anything nearly as good.

3 in one oil gets gummy, most special model oils get gummy.

Charles
Oddly enough, I didn't even put 2 and 2 together...I actually use CLP on my guns as well. DUH! LOL

Good call everydayflyer & Chap1012.

-Shane

Quick Reply