Walkera DEVO Tx Hacking - Page 143 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Feb 10, 2013, 09:17 PM
Registered User
gapi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint723
I think he's asking how to convert a 0 to 100 scale to a -100 to +100 scale.

If that's the case it's this.

[(the 0 to 100 value) - 50] x 2
I am all turned around now. I am not a math wizz for sure. The brackets and parentheses are a math I have not seen since high school and long forgotten

I just want to be able to say, put a pitch curve in at a -15% to a +65%.

Perhaps its already done in the Standard mode. Would a -15 & +65 be the same thing?

Or do I have to take my 15% number and -50 = -35 x 2 = -70 ?

Geesh!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2013, 09:28 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi
I am all turned around now. I am not a math wizz for sure. The brackets and parentheses are a math I have not seen since high school and long forgotten

I just want to be able to say, put a pitch curve in at a -15% to a +65%.

Perhaps its already done in the Standard mode. Would a -15 & +65 be the same thing?

Or do I have to take my 15% number and -50 = -35 x 2 = -70 ?

Geesh!
For the pitch curves, you change nothing. Most tx's already use a -100 to +100 scale for that, so you would use the same thing in deviation, -15 and +65.

Now that I think about it, I may be confused as well because in the simplified version of deviation (which i have never used or seen) they may have used a 0 to 100 throttle to match other tx's. Which would mean you don't have to convert anything. I probably should have kept my mouth shut, sorry.
Feb 10, 2013, 09:36 PM
Seeking Control
lasakro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi
I am all turned around now. I am not a math wizz for sure. The brackets and parentheses are a math I have not seen since high school and long forgotten

I just want to be able to say, put a pitch curve in at a -15% to a +65%.

Perhaps its already done in the Standard mode. Would a -15 & +65 be the same thing?

Or do I have to take my 15% number and -50 = -35 x 2 = -70 ?

Geesh!
Seems that the simplified is making more difficult I think you just want to enter -15 to 65. You should see the same numbers in the model file. You can always disconnect the motor and double check the actual pitch before you fly.
Feb 10, 2013, 11:21 PM
Seeking Control
lasakro's Avatar
Using 2.1.1 on the Devo 10. When a make a very small change to Heli.bmp using paint and save it as another file name the graphic doesn't load but is blank. The image is still 52 x 36 and the file size increases from 4k to 6k. What am I missing?
Feb 11, 2013, 12:54 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro
Using 2.1.1 on the Devo 10. When a make a very small change to Heli.bmp using paint and save it as another file name the graphic doesn't load but is blank. The image is still 52 x 36 and the file size increases from 4k to 6k. What am I missing?
This will do the trick http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/mod...ng-model-icons
Feb 11, 2013, 07:09 AM
Seeking Control
lasakro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadSack
That's is the missing piece. Thanks.
Feb 12, 2013, 03:13 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint723
I think he's asking how to convert a 0 to 100 scale to a -100 to +100 scale.

If that's the case it's this.

[(the 0 to 100 value) - 50] x 2 = (the -100 to +100 value)
or if you want to go the other way. +100 then divide by 2.
Feb 12, 2013, 04:53 PM
Registered User
@PhracturedBlue, @FDR_, @suvsuv and everybody who worked on Deviation firmware - thank you very much to all of you. I finally gave in and bought Devo 10. Yesterday I mounted A7105 transmitter from V929 on it (same as V911). Now I can control all my helis - mCPX, Mini CP, V911, V939 (my V929 stuck in a tree ;-) from a single transmitter, and a very fine one.

Keep up good work! If I'd have transmitter for unknown protocol, I gladly help you in cracking it. I initially planned to buy Skyartec Nano CP, but Devo 10 bundle with Mini CP won.
Feb 12, 2013, 04:56 PM
Registered User
@PhracturedBlue BTW do you have schematics for power circuit for Devos? I recall that you mentioned it somewhere, and as I now have Devo 10 I can experiment freely with my defective Devo 7 which has power problem - it does not switch off. So if you already traced it it would help me.
Feb 12, 2013, 06:09 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk
or if you want to go the other way. +100 then divide by 2.
No. That doesn't work.
Convert a value of 80, for example using both methods.
The -50 rule gives a value of 60, which is correct.
The +100 method gives a value of 90, which is incorrect.
Feb 12, 2013, 06:52 PM
Registered User
gapi's Avatar
What are the EMU files in the Deviation nightlies?

Thanks
Feb 12, 2013, 07:02 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88
No. That doesn't work.
Convert a value of 80, for example using both methods.
The -50 rule gives a value of 60, which is correct.
The +100 method gives a value of 90, which is incorrect.
Xermalk's +100 formula is for converting back to 0 to 100 scale. So if you had 80 on your throttle curve in deviation, using the +100 2 and you get 90 which is correct.

Either way works.

(0 to 100) to (-100 to +100):

[(0 to 100 value)-50] x 2
or
[(0 to 100 value) x 2) -100

To to back to 0 to 100:

[(-100 to +100 value) 2] + 50
or
[(-100 to +100 value) +100] 2
Feb 12, 2013, 07:37 PM
Registered User
gapi's Avatar
Thanks Guys,

Sorry for being so thick sculled. Once I click on it I'll be outa your hair. And maybe this will help others in a search.

So....... which brings me to ask....... do I have to use this in all things Deviation?

Or... in the nightlies Standard Mode can I just use the numbers I normally would in Walkera Devention?
Feb 12, 2013, 07:44 PM
Registered User
@xermalk
My applogies. You are correct. As you said, "to go the other way".
@flint723
Thanks for the clarification.
Feb 12, 2013, 07:49 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi
Thanks Guys,

Sorry for being so thick sculled. Once I click on it I'll be outa your hair. And maybe this will help others in a search.

So....... which brings me to ask....... do I have to use this in all things Deviation?

Or... in the nightlies Standard Mode can I just use the numbers I normally would in Walkera Devention?
I have not used standard mode, but I think that was the point of having a standard mode.

The formulas only apply to "advanced" deviation, and even then, only to throttle and sometimes gyro gain.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Broken Walkera Devo and Spektrum tx itsmillertime Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 Mar 20, 2012 04:37 AM
For Sale Walkera Devo 7 TX/Devo RX2625H Combo for sale Tom Z Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Oct 06, 2011 12:33 PM
For Sale Walkera Devo 7 TX/Devo RX2625H Combo for sale Tom Z Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Oct 05, 2011 11:38 AM
Discussion New Walkera Devention Devo 12 TX w/ Touch-Screen hobbypartz Radios 2 May 08, 2011 11:38 PM
Discussion New Walkera Devention Devo 12 TX w/ Touch-Screen hobbypartz XHeli 0 May 05, 2011 11:19 PM