Thread Tools
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:07 AM
PurpleShark is offline
Find More Posts by PurpleShark
...if you take the time
Hi gektor - I've tried your GDevention lib, and it looks great!
The visibility outside is greatly improved, and it was very easy to upgrade.
So, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gektor View Post
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:24 PM
clearprop88 is offline
Find More Posts by clearprop88
Registered User
Will this work on my Devo 8 with Deviation V2.1.0 ?
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:28 PM
FDR_ is online now
Find More Posts by FDR_
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
Will this work on my Devo 8 with Deviation V2.1.0 ?
No, it's a library for the original Walkera fw...
Old Feb 07, 2013, 02:02 PM
clearprop88 is offline
Find More Posts by clearprop88
Registered User
That's what I thought.
Thanks.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:27 PM
gapi is offline
Find More Posts by gapi
Registered User
gapi's Avatar
Where are the Gyro settings on the Devo 10 Deviation 2.1.1 FW?
Is it called Gyro. Heh! I looked but not good enough I guess.

Is it still rumored the next Deviation FW will have a more Devo familiar interface?

Thanks - See my blog for the way we solved the 5055 binding issue on the V400Dor RX2614V-D
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:22 AM
lasakro is offline
Find More Posts by lasakro
Seeking Control
lasakro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
Where are the Gyro settings on the Devo 10 Deviation 2.1.1 FW?
Is it called Gyro. Heh! I looked but not good enough I guess.

Is it still rumored the next Deviation FW will have a more Devo familiar interface?

Thanks - See my blog for the way we solved the 5055 binding issue on the V400Dor RX2614V-D
Channel 7 is for the gyro. This link will explain everything for you:
http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/how...ustom-firmware

Current interface works fine for me but I never used the WK FW when I got my Devo 10.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:24 AM
FDR_ is online now
Find More Posts by FDR_
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
Where are the Gyro settings on the Devo 10 Deviation 2.1.1 FW?
Is it called Gyro. Heh! I looked but not good enough I guess.

Is it still rumored the next Deviation FW will have a more Devo familiar interface?

Thanks - See my blog for the way we solved the 5055 binding issue on the V400Dor RX2614V-D
Gyro is on channel 7.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:40 PM
GoElectric is offline
Find More Posts by GoElectric
Registered User
Nine Eagle Receiver

Is the f/w compatible with Nine Eagle receiver ? If not, any plan to do so.

Thanks.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:46 PM
lasakro is offline
Find More Posts by lasakro
Seeking Control
lasakro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoElectric View Post
Nine Eagle Receiver

Is the f/w compatible with Nine Eagle receiver ? If not, any plan to do so.

Thanks.
http://www.deviationtx.com/articles/1-welcome
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:34 PM
gapi is offline
Find More Posts by gapi
Registered User
gapi's Avatar
lasakro, do you have a V400 Deviation model? One that's not all 3D I hope?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:46 PM
gapi is offline
Find More Posts by gapi
Registered User
gapi's Avatar
I just discovered the Deviation Nightlies. I flashed the Devo 10 and found the Model Setup/Mixer GUI/ <Advanced /Standard> options!

Love That Basic. The only thing is it defaults to Advanced and if you have a model you copied in from the System files and swap to Basic it has to reset the Model. I'm hope he will change that.

I am brain dead of the numbers formula. I gotta write it down. Can someone tell me again, your number + 100 - 50 ?
Last edited by gapi; Feb 10, 2013 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Changed the Basic to Standard = My Bad
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:39 PM
PhracturedBlue is offline
Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
Love That Basic. The only thing is it defaults to Advanced and if you have a model you copied in from the System files and swap to Basic it has to reset the Model. I'm hope he will change that.
conversion only works from standard->advanced, not the other way around. Not much we can do about that because standard uses a bunch of assumptions that do not necessarily hold in advanced models.
Deviation will likely continue to default to advanced. Itis the only way to be able to continue using existing models. We could make new models default to Standard, but I am not yet convinced.

As I said elsewhere, do not get too attached to models using 'Standard'. Until I make an official release, I will not guarantee backwards compatibility for this mode.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:25 PM
gapi is offline
Find More Posts by gapi
Registered User
gapi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
conversion only works from standard->advanced, not the other way around. Not much we can do about that because standard uses a bunch of assumptions that do not necessarily hold in advanced models.
Deviation will likely continue to default to advanced. Itis the only way to be able to continue using existing models. We could make new models default to Standard, but I am not yet convinced.

As I said elsewhere, do not get too attached to models using 'Standard'. Until I make an official release, I will not guarantee backwards compatibility for this mode.
Thanks. I'm glad to see it though. I am also liking the Auto thing in the curves. Wow.

I forgot the number system you guys use. Multiply by 100 and subtract 50 or something like that. Please give me those steps so I can sticky them on my desk?

In the Standard pitch curves where I can enter my negative and positive pitch and hit the AUTO, now that is a luxury! But...... do I still need to take my percentage number and do your formula?

Thanks for your patience. I am kind of overwhelmed by the difference in the Devo and Deviation interfaces. I like the way you are bridging the gap though.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:49 PM
PhracturedBlue is offline
Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Registered User
You need to thank Suvsuv. He developed the Standard interface entirely on his own, I had nothing to do with it. I'm not sure what you mean by the 'number system' we use, so I'm not exactly sure what you are asking.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:51 PM
flint723 is online now
Find More Posts by flint723
Registered User
I think he's asking how to convert a 0 to 100 scale to a -100 to +100 scale.

If that's the case it's this.

[(the 0 to 100 value) - 50] x 2 = (the -100 to +100 value)
Last edited by flint723; Feb 10, 2013 at 10:12 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Broken Walkera Devo and Spektrum tx itsmillertime Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 Mar 20, 2012 05:37 AM
For Sale Walkera Devo 7 TX/Devo RX2625H Combo for sale Tom Z Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Oct 06, 2011 01:33 PM
For Sale Walkera Devo 7 TX/Devo RX2625H Combo for sale Tom Z Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Oct 05, 2011 12:38 PM
Discussion New Walkera Devention Devo 12 TX w/ Touch-Screen hobbypartz Radios 2 May 09, 2011 12:38 AM
Discussion New Walkera Devention Devo 12 TX w/ Touch-Screen hobbypartz XHeli 0 May 06, 2011 12:19 AM