Thread Tools
Nov 29, 2012, 01:37 PM
Registered User
Could you please put http://rc.fdr.hu/devo.php in the Links section of deviationtx.com and fix link to MatCat's repository (it moved)?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2012, 02:22 PM
Registered User
FDR_'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by victzh
Could you please put http://rc.fdr.hu/devo.php in the Links section of deviationtx.com and fix link to MatCat's repository (it moved)?
It is there.
Corrected MatCat's fork, and added Suvsuv's one...
Nov 29, 2012, 03:20 PM
Registered User
Sorry, overlooked your link. Thanks!
Nov 29, 2012, 05:42 PM
...muy bien...
rcgchris's Avatar
What are those forks about in short?
Nov 29, 2012, 05:44 PM
FPV Electronics For Life!
NorCalMatCat's Avatar
A fork is a copy of the original code, using source code control systems like GIT and Mercurial (what Deviation uses, which is a form of GIT), code can be stored all over the place, a fork is a copy of it, and the master repo can whenever desired pull changes from forks and merge it into the main codebase.
Nov 29, 2012, 05:45 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgchris
What are those forks about in short?
Matcat is looking at doing some FPV work, though he hasn't gotten very far yet (he also designed the original GUI code way back when).
suvsuv generally has leading-edge Devo10 related stuff that I haven't absorbed into the main code yet
Nov 29, 2012, 06:00 PM
...muy bien...
rcgchris's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat
A fork is a copy of the original code, using source code control systems like GIT and Mercurial (what Deviation uses, which is a form of GIT), code can be stored all over the place, a fork is a copy of it, and the master repo can whenever desired pull changes from forks and merge it into the main codebase.
Best known to me from
linux universe.




Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue
Matcat is looking at doing some FPV work, though he hasn't gotten very far yet (he also designed the original GUI code way back when).
suvsuv generally has leading-edge Devo10 related stuff that I haven't absorbed into the main code yet
Ah...

Interesting things to know.

I guess I have to investigate Madcats fork. Immersion flight seems nice.
Nov 30, 2012, 02:25 AM
Registered User
I checked my Devo 7 - potential USB pins (which are there on STM32F103, but not on STM32F100) are left unconnected. They apparently planned something like Devo 7E.
Nov 30, 2012, 06:50 AM
flying beam
blackmoon's Avatar
Typically walkera.

Market a crippled tx then after everyone complains about how it would be better if it had "this , and that..." present the new and improved E revision.

I wouldn't be surprised if a PRO revision pointed is nose, in the following months.
Nov 30, 2012, 08:39 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmoon
Typically walkera.

Market a crippled tx then after everyone complains about how it would be better if it had "this , and that..." present the new and improved E revision.

I wouldn't be surprised if a PRO revision pointed is nose, in the following months.
That would be true if the 'e' version were a better version of the '7'. But the Devo7 is by far a better Tx with a much more limited interface. I think Walkera was looking for a way to get a very low-cost Tx. They started with the 'standard' walkera chassis and tried saving on the electronics, but realized is was cheaper to skimp on the hardware and provide (marginally) better electronics.
Nov 30, 2012, 09:05 AM
Registered User
sbstnp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmoon
Typically walkera.

Market a crippled tx then after everyone complains about how it would be better if it had "this , and that..." present the new and improved E revision.

I wouldn't be surprised if a PRO revision pointed is nose, in the following months.
Not crippled, it's called market segmentation. You sell things to people who would never buy them if they would cost more. Every company does it.
Nov 30, 2012, 11:01 AM
flying beam
blackmoon's Avatar
I guess ,you are both right, I'm just fed of having walkera tx's all around the house

I bought WK since the 4#3 35mhz.

I have on the shelf two 35mhz, two 2401, one 2602, and had at one time one 2801 (sold) and 2801 pro...

I find the project that PB has of converting old tx's very appealing so I'll follow this closely.

I almost fell for a devo10 one week before PB announced his new project, if it works, it will be heaven.

One 2602 and one 2801Pro converted to deviation (for less then the price of a 10), can't wait.
Nov 30, 2012, 11:37 AM
Registered User
I'm curious, why Devo 7 is better than 7E? Physically? Transmission power?
Nov 30, 2012, 11:45 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by victzh
I'm curious, why Devo 7 is better than 7E? Physically? Transmission power?
Better gimbals (so I've been told, i don't actually have a 7e yet), more input controls (5 digital and one analog on the Devo7 vs 2 digital on the 7e)
Dec 01, 2012, 11:14 PM
Registered User
Kerbob's Avatar
I just got a Devo 12. I like the radio except for a few things:
- Can't see the screen in the sun hardly. Better contrast scheme may be a good fix here.
- Telemetry information is not on the main screen. I have to go into the Settings menu and then click Sensor View. But, when I'm there, I don't see my flight time. Any way to get flight time and sensor information on one screen.. the main one preferably. I just need main power voltage.

Does anyone know the practical range of a Devo 12 with the 12 ch receiver? Can't find ANYTHING on this. I'm looking for someone that has tested (or exceeded) the limit. My radio power is always on max.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Broken Walkera Devo and Spektrum tx itsmillertime Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 Mar 20, 2012 04:37 AM
For Sale Walkera Devo 7 TX/Devo RX2625H Combo for sale Tom Z Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Oct 06, 2011 12:33 PM
For Sale Walkera Devo 7 TX/Devo RX2625H Combo for sale Tom Z Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Oct 05, 2011 11:38 AM
Discussion New Walkera Devention Devo 12 TX w/ Touch-Screen hobbypartz Radios 2 May 08, 2011 11:38 PM
Discussion New Walkera Devention Devo 12 TX w/ Touch-Screen hobbypartz XHeli 0 May 05, 2011 11:19 PM