New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:08 AM
OnceAFly is offline
Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Registered User
OnceAFly's Avatar
I have replace the rx with WLToys V939 rx and now that U816 rx have no idea where it is lol...So please let me know if you need anymore info from the tx? I can spare this tx since it has no use to me now.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:17 AM
lebenj is offline
Find More Posts by lebenj
flying is not a dream
lebenj's Avatar
hello,

i have a DEVO12 (not DEVO 12S).

Does someone know if it's possible to make it works with DSM2 protocol?
is it possible to "plug" another module, to make it compatible?

i have a DX6i module, and a JR DM9 module available at home.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:44 AM
j35u5fr34k is offline
Find More Posts by j35u5fr34k
Registered User
j35u5fr34k's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebenj View Post
hello,

i have a DEVO12 (not DEVO 12S).

Does someone know if it's possible to make it works with DSM2 protocol?
is it possible to "plug" another module, to make it compatible?

i have a DX6i module, and a JR DM9 module available at home.
Ok I see that they are not working on it. Thought they were....
Last edited by j35u5fr34k; Nov 26, 2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Misinformation
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:05 AM
lebenj is offline
Find More Posts by lebenj
flying is not a dream
lebenj's Avatar
hello,

i know deviationtx, but actualy there is nothing for the DEVO12....

i'm looking for a way to use a DSM2 module on it....

Regards
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:11 AM
j35u5fr34k is offline
Find More Posts by j35u5fr34k
Registered User
j35u5fr34k's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebenj View Post
hello,

i know deviationtx, but actualy there is nothing for the DEVO12....

i'm looking for a way to use a DSM2 module on it....

Regards
Consider selling your 12s and go with the 8s honestly...
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:42 AM
PhracturedBlue is offline
Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly View Post
I have replace the rx with WLToys V939 rx and now that U816 rx have no idea where it is lol...So please let me know if you need anymore info from the tx? I can spare this tx since it has no use to me now.
If you don't care about the tx, try to scrape off the epoxy on the transmitter module. it is the white junk on the module the antenna attaches to.
see if you can get down to the chip and see what it says.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:43 AM
PhracturedBlue is offline
Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebenj View Post
hello,

i have a DEVO12 (not DEVO 12S).

Does someone know if it's possible to make it works with DSM2 protocol?
is it possible to "plug" another module, to make it compatible?

i have a DX6i module, and a JR DM9 module available at home.
You could talk to Hammer22. He has a module that supports DSM2 that plugs into the trainer port. I don't know if it works with the Devo12 though.
There has been very little work on the Devo12 for Deviation, and it doesn't look likely that will change too soon.
Last edited by PhracturedBlue; Nov 26, 2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:58 PM
rcgchris is offline
Find More Posts by rcgchris
...muy bien...
rcgchris's Avatar

Udi U816 Tx


Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
If you don't care about the tx, try to scrape off the epoxy on the transmitter module. it is the white junk on the module the antenna attaches to.
see if you can get down to the chip and see what it says.
I attach some pictures of the Udi Tx - but you need to teach how to get this stuff off. It feels like black ceramic.

Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:19 PM
rcgchris is offline
Find More Posts by rcgchris
...muy bien...
rcgchris's Avatar

Udi RC U816 Rx


Here is the Receiver - those guys did their best to disguise the chip by grinding the top off
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:17 PM
pmackenzie is online now
Find More Posts by pmackenzie
I don't want to "Switch Now"
pmackenzie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
If you don't care about the tx, try to scrape off the epoxy on the transmitter module. it is the white junk on the module the antenna attaches to.
see if you can get down to the chip and see what it says.
That looks like it might be a COB, so nothing to tell by removing the epoxy
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:25 PM
PhracturedBlue is offline
Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgchris View Post
Here is the Receiver - those guys did their best to disguise the chip by grinding the top off
Actually, that is the MCU that they ground off. The transceiver has the white goop and the silver cylinder at the bottom right.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:26 PM
PhracturedBlue is offline
Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
That looks like it might be a COB, so nothing to tell by removing the epoxy
It may be. that almost looks like they took a reference board and attached it to the main board. I don't see any reason to design the circuit that way otherwise
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:33 AM
rcgchris is offline
Find More Posts by rcgchris
...muy bien...
rcgchris's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
It may be. that almost looks like they took a reference board and attached it to the main board. I don't see any reason to design the circuit that way otherwise
I can send you the PCB for analysis
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:50 AM
PhracturedBlue is offline
Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgchris View Post
I can send you the PCB for analysis
I don't think it is worth it. All signs point to needing to use a different module to support it. So either way I need to buy a working model so I can actually do protocol work for it. I'm just not yet prepared to work on this specific protocol at the moment since all signs point to it using a new chipset.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:58 AM
FDR_ is offline
Find More Posts by FDR_
Registered User
OK, you have worked enough today, go to bed!
Last edited by FDR_; Nov 27, 2012 at 04:07 AM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Broken Walkera Devo and Spektrum tx itsmillertime Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 Mar 20, 2012 05:37 AM
For Sale Walkera Devo 7 TX/Devo RX2625H Combo for sale Tom Z Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Oct 06, 2011 01:33 PM
For Sale Walkera Devo 7 TX/Devo RX2625H Combo for sale Tom Z Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Oct 05, 2011 12:38 PM
Discussion New Walkera Devention Devo 12 TX w/ Touch-Screen hobbypartz Radios 2 May 09, 2011 12:38 AM
Discussion New Walkera Devention Devo 12 TX w/ Touch-Screen hobbypartz XHeli 0 May 06, 2011 12:19 AM