Oct 19, 2012, 02:32 AM
I am still waiting to have the devo12 deviationlize
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2012, 03:25 AM
Only the "12" have a lot more than the TH9X...
Oct 19, 2012, 11:20 AM
I know the Devo12 is on everyone's mind, but thanks to the work done by suvsuv, the Devo10 support is very far along. I've cleaned up and merged his code, so the next release will include devo10 functionality (note that not all pages have been ported over to the devo10 screen yet, so functionality will not be on parity with the devo8)
Oct 19, 2012, 01:00 PM
Well being partial to the color touch screen I am going to pull the trigger on the 8s this weekend so I can participate in deviation. Hopefully I will be able to sell it off to someone at the club when the 12s is ready to be deviated. Wish I had funds to get both now ... I prefer the silver case of the 12 to the 12s and I am afraid al the silver 12 models will be gone before it gets deviation. Time to decide!!!!
Oct 19, 2012, 06:49 PM
I use the 8s, I can't imagine why I would ever need anything like the devo 12. Unless its the big screen you're after.
Oct 19, 2012, 09:13 PM
FPV Electronics For Life!
Just a quick check, the RX1002 will work with Devo 8? (Not custom firmware, the default firmware), and will it with custom firmware allow all 10 channels to be used?
Oct 19, 2012, 09:16 PM
Hi PB,

Is there a devo 10 library dfu, so it can be tested on the devo 10 device, or the devo 8s library dfu can be used ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
I know the Devo12 is on everyone's mind, but thanks to the work done by suvsuv, the Devo10 support is very far along. I've cleaned up and merged his code, so the next release will include devo10 functionality (note that not all pages have been ported over to the devo10 screen yet, so functionality will not be on parity with the devo8)
Oct 20, 2012, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint723 View Post
I use the 8s, I can't imagine why I would ever need anything like the devo 12. Unless its the big screen you're after.
suum cuique
Oct 20, 2012, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint723 View Post
The screen of the Devo 12 is readable in sunlight with a larger font. Also it comes with a rechargeable battery and aluminum case. I think the extra price is well worth it, especially for a screen that is readable in sunlight.
Oct 20, 2012, 05:59 AM
...muy bien...
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The screen of the Devo 12 is readable in sunlight with a larger font. Also it comes with a rechargeable battery and aluminum case. I think the extra price is well worth it, especially for a screen that is readable in sunlight.
Does it come with a transflective display, or is it just because bigger fonts?

If it's for bigger fonts, I guess gektor has some applicable gui mods ready to solve readabilty problems.
Oct 20, 2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by briareos7777 View Post
Hi PB,

Is there a devo 10 library dfu, so it can be tested on the devo 10 device, or the devo 8s library dfu can be used ?
You'll need to wait until the next release. You cannot use a dfu fr a devo8 on the Devo10.
Oct 20, 2012, 09:24 PM
I think i got it to work, I installed the devo 8s library dfu, then just updated the file system with the devo10 filesystem in the source directory. I was able to see the menus and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
You'll need to wait until the next release. You cannot use a dfu fr a devo8 on the Devo10.
Oct 21, 2012, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by briareos7777 View Post
I think i got it to work, I installed the devo 8s library dfu, then just updated the file system with the devo10 filesystem in the source directory. I was able to see the menus and stuff.
Ahh..well, if you build from source, yeah, just install the devo10 dfu, and then hold ENT, boot, format, and install the devo10 filesystem.
Oct 21, 2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
Just a quick check, the RX1002 will work with Devo 8? (Not custom firmware, the default firmware), and will it with custom firmware allow all 10 channels to be used?
I am curious about the same ... I am going to buy an 8s but a 1202 Rx to go with it if I can use all 12 channels on deviation.
Oct 21, 2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFastEnuf View Post
I am curious about the same ... I am going to buy an 8s but a 1202 Rx to go with it if I can use all 12 channels.
Well, I have an RX1202, and it works (sort of). Unfortunately, once I bound the Rx1202 to my Tx (in 8 ch mode sadly), it will not unbind. Lots of people have had binding issues with the RX1202, and while most seem to be able to get it to work eventually, I am not one of them. So my RX1202 works well as an 8-ch receiver. For sure a 10 or 12ch Rx will bind with the Deviation firmware. I believe it will work for up to 12 channels as well, but I can no longer verify that. I probably wouldn't recommend the RX1202 just because I (and many others) have had issues with binding/unbinding it.

Quick Reply