This thread is privately moderated by rcbobcat55, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 08, 2012, 10:50 PM
Trader Rating: 104
sailplane nut
Thread OP
For Sale

Laser cut old timer kits for sale

hello out there fellow electric fliers from RCbobcat55. I have just finished a production run of laser cut short kits for a 1950's ere cabin model called the KenHi Buzzer'D. It spans 72" with about 650 sq inches of wing area and flies well powered by a HobbyKing G10 electric motor on 2 cell LiPo turning a 12 by 6 prop. Every former,wing rib,tail and rudder rib,and all fuselage side parts are precision cut by RCrobby and the plans have been completely redrawn by me from the original set I have in my original kit. The only parts you will need to complete the kit are some 1/4"square balsa sticks and some 1/8 by 1/4 sticks for the wing and tail spars and the wire for the landing gear. This is a very obscure and rare eye catching design from 1951 and very few of the kits were sold. I have built about 6 of them from scratch and they fly very well and are very stable and thermal well. I am the same one (RJM Systems) who produces the Dyne-O-Mite 1 meter dlg which has a 6 page build blog under hand launch gliders on RC/Groups build forums. I will be intro pricing them at $100.00 including shipping. A three view will be coming soon as I am very busy catching up on sailplane orders and drawing plans for other designers. If you need any info as to the quality of my kits contact RCrobby. My e-mail for info or to order a kit is RCbobcat55@yahoo.com Thanks Bob M...
to remove ads between posts
Mar 09, 2012, 07:19 AM
Trader Rating: 229
Will be waiting on the 3 view--as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words....

Then again, always do a web search--is this it? According to the web site I was at, it is....
Last edited by pmisuinas; Mar 09, 2012 at 07:26 AM.
Mar 09, 2012, 08:31 AM
Trader Rating: 11
Laser Cutter Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmisuinas
Will be waiting on the 3 view--as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words....

Then again, always do a web search--is this it? According to the web site I was at, it is....
That looks like it!
Mar 09, 2012, 10:17 PM
sailplane nut
Thread OP
Hello and thanks for locating a picture of the Buzzer"d. That is definitely it. I donated 2 built ones to the Ama museum several years ago-one was the scaled down version which I sold several dozen copies of the plans and the other one was one a friend of mine found in the woods near Blairsville, PA which started the whole project. he gave it to me and told me to back engineer it if I wanted to and dispose of it when I was done. It was pretty ragged and had an old single tube receiver with a giant relay in it and 1 escapement for the rudder and an old ignition engine-I believe it was a McCoy 29 or similar. Over the years I have built at least six of the reduced size ones and even a 48" version and they all flew very well-very docile and thermal well although they are a little busy to build. I hope the laser cut version makes it easier for this neglected design to have a second life. RCrobby does an excellent job of cutting parts and is also very reasonable and easy to deal with. Keep up the good work . Any questions or want to place an order E-mail me at RCbobcat55@yahoo.com thanks Bob M.
Mar 09, 2012, 10:27 PM
sailplane nut
Thread OP
Hello again from Bob M. aka RCbobcat55@yahoo.com Does the model in the picture still exist? Also, if it does could the owner please e-mail me so i can trace the history of this particular model. A friend of mine purchased on of the very few surviving kits still in the box with original unopened plans and I used it to generate the first set of drawings for the model, then RCrobby converted them to CADD and made some changes to correct some original parts which didn't fit right, then he laser cut me 6 sets of parts which are excellent. Now that the hard part is done we can make as many kits as are needed. Thanks for posting the pics. I have some of the pics of my first Buzzer'd (I think they arte Polaroids-boy that shows my age) but haven't located them yet but will post them when I do locate them. Anyone who has any info on this design feel free to e-mail me, Thanks Bob M...

Quick Reply