Thread Tools
Mar 08, 2012, 03:48 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie
I don't mind the design, everything seems well protected. Not sure about ESC airflow.
You could try the board upsidedown so the ESC would get more air. Like Flitelab, I would use 10amps
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie
What sort of glue would you use to assemble it?
I suspect just some CA. All it does it hold the sides and top frame in place, nothing really with any force/load on it.
Mar 08, 2012, 04:13 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaterPin
You could try the board upsidedown so the ESC would get more air. Like Flitelab, I would use 10amps
Yeah, I think 10A are the go. The 1811 motors they suggest, really need to run on 3S. Those 5 x 3 props like to spin at 20,000rpm for reasonable thrust, so you would need at least 2,500kv on 2S to get up to those kind of rpms.


Warthox running 3S on the Turnigy 1811 motors:

mwc quad // flydumini (2 min 9 sec)
Mar 08, 2012, 04:18 PM
I use the Suppo A1510-15 2200kv on all my micros with 2S, works great. That is with 5X3X3 props. Plan to use same setup on this as well.
Mar 08, 2012, 06:09 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
looks like a really neat little frame. had to make a small order from HK anyway today, so ordered one to try.
Mar 08, 2012, 06:28 PM
Registered User
It's interesting to note the 5 x 3 props they recommend for the 1811 motors, 2mm press fit it looks like:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ropellers.html

Will press fit stay on well enough?

I also noticed that the 1811 motors they are suggesting are the 2900kv ones, not the usual 2000kv so that means 2S will be just fine with those and 5 x 3 props.
Mar 08, 2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie
It's interesting to note the 5 x 3 props they recommend for the 1811 motors, 2mm press fit it looks like:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ropellers.html

Will press fit stay on well enough?

I also noticed that the 1811 motors they are suggesting are the 2900kv ones, not the usual 2000kv so that means 2S will be just fine with those and 5 x 3 props.
Can't imagine press fitting a prop. Not sure how they intend to mount them. I use the GWS/GF 5x3x3 props which fit with the A1510 motor prop adapters.
Mar 08, 2012, 06:59 PM
Dreamer
I have the little infinity hobby quad with 92mm propellers that press fit onto the 2mm shafts of the motors. I was a bit sceptical but have had no problems as yet.
Mar 08, 2012, 08:22 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104
I have the little infinity hobby quad with 92mm propellers that press fit onto the 2mm shafts of the motors. I was a bit sceptical but have had no problems as yet.
I guess if the props start slipping when press fit to the 2mm shaft, it's no big deal to drill them out and put them onto prop savers/adapters which come with the recommended 1811 2900kv motors. I do like the red prop color, should make it easier to figure out which way the micro-quad is pointing




Mar 09, 2012, 03:00 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
scousethief's Avatar
No chance , after unfortunatley being in receipt of over 100 of HK's 5x3 blades i would rather stab myself in the eye than use them again , very very badly balanced, brittle and fragile ive also had some detonate in the air they were on 2 cell and 2000kv 1811 motors, and press fit ? ill leave someone else to spend their money first this time.
Mar 09, 2012, 04:01 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
No chance , after unfortunatley being in receipt of over 100 of HK's 5x3 blades i would rather stab myself in the eye than use them again , very very badly balanced, brittle and fragile ive also had some detonate in the air they were on 2 cell and 2000kv 1811 motors, and press fit ? ill leave someone else to spend their money first this time.
I would suggest comparing the 5 x 3 blades you used to the photo above before you jump to concusions. I doubt they are the same, I have been using HK 5 x 3 for many months and I have never seen these before.
Mar 09, 2012, 04:06 AM
vAMPire
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
No chance , after unfortunatley being in receipt of over 100 of HK's 5x3 blades i would rather stab myself in the eye than use them again , very very badly balanced, brittle and fragile ive also had some detonate in the air they were on 2 cell and 2000kv 1811 motors, and press fit ? ill leave someone else to spend their money first this time.
Exactly my feelings, thoose HK 5x3 are just Garbage but Im still using them since there are not so many alternatives. Are thoose 5x3x3 GWS 3 blades much better?
Mar 09, 2012, 04:31 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henni
Exactly my feelings, thoose HK 5x3 are just Garbage but Im still using them since there are not so many alternatives. Are thoose 5x3x3 GWS 3 blades much better?
Why do I feel I am banging my head against a wall!

These are the 5 x 3 HK props you would have used.



These are the new ones made for the Turnigy micro-quad.



If you don't see they are not the same props, then I can't help you.
Mar 09, 2012, 05:46 AM
Z06 Tony's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie
Why do I feel I am banging my head against a wall!

These are the 5 x 3 HK props you would have used.



These are the new ones made for the Turnigy micro-quad.



If you don't see they are not the same props, then I can't help you.
They look much better than the garbage 5" props however I bet they are heavier. A small price to pay for better quality props. I have been waiting for some decent 2 blade 5" props.
Mar 09, 2012, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony
Can you post a link for these props? They look much better than the garbage 5" props however I bet they are heavier. A small price to pay for better quality props. I have been waiting for some decent 2 blade 5" props.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...s_per_bag.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...s_per_bag.html


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Can i remove integrated esc bec (turnigy plush) Axefly Power Systems 12 Dec 28, 2014 01:19 PM
For Sale Micro Quad (9") + Parts for a new micro quad (ESC's + motors) ed.ge Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 8 Jan 17, 2012 04:41 AM
Discussion cute UM quad :) - the flying PCB axelen Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 10 May 05, 2011 06:33 PM
For Sale Tri-Quad controller PCB populated EnigmaSoar Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Apr 15, 2011 06:13 AM
Sold TriCopter / Quad PCB's (3) EnigmaSoar Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Mar 21, 2011 04:41 PM