Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Mar 07, 2012, 07:48 PM
Find More Posts by Fluffracka
Tobias (aka glider hangaround)
Discussion

[Video] First spring session

Had a great day at my local field last Sunday, finally the ground was clear of snow and lots of thermals to chase in the sun, days best was a +8 mins and also got several +2 and +3 mins as well. Was pretty stoked when I had to go to my 13 hours nightshift. My flying buddy filmed some with my cam and I had to test how the sequence pics turned out in a vid. Hope you enjoy!

First spring session (3 min 7 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2012, 11:36 PM
Find More Posts by glidermang
Fluffracka:

Very nice!

I'm used to blue skies, but what's that stuff on the ground? Would that be what folks call grass? Wish I could fly off of grass.

Yours, Greg
Old Mar 08, 2012, 07:27 AM
Yeah, I was pretty hesitant to step out on it at first, but then it felt really nice...
Old Mar 08, 2012, 10:53 AM
Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
Nice video! Looks like a cool plane as well!
Old Mar 08, 2012, 02:50 PM
Find More Posts by vanzant
Great video!

I need to try that some day.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:03 PM
Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Time for me to Fly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by glidermang View Post
Fluffracka:

Very nice!

I'm used to blue skies, but what's that stuff on the ground? Would that be what folks call grass? Wish I could fly off of grass.

Yours, Greg
Isn't there any grass in NM? My dad is out you way right now... Actually in a little town in the NW corner of the state called Farmington... I think that's what it's called.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:06 PM
Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Time for me to Fly...
Oh... And just to stay on topic. Great video. I noticed you use a neck strap. I would have never thought that was possible with a DLG. I just might have to give that a try.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 10:05 PM
There is grass in NM - pictures of it, actually, in the Farm and Ranch Museum.

I was in Farmington just last summer, going through to and from the Blue Skies over Utah. It's a great little town, but probably nothing like any town in Michigan. Except for the airport up on the mesa, it's strung out along the San Juan River. Which, I'm sure, a resident of Michigan might not recognize as a river, especially if you expect to see water.

For my part, I thought Sweden would be nothing but snow, snow snow!

Yours, Greg
Old Mar 08, 2012, 10:07 PM
I tried a neck strap once. Fortunately, a passer-by was able to stop laughing long enough to untangle me before I strangled to death. Since then, I've concentrated real hard, and only thrown the radio twice.

Yours, Greg
Old Mar 09, 2012, 04:04 AM
I have tried without neckstrap and it was not so much the risk of throwing the radio as that dropping it when I held the plane after the catch, Im used to have it hanging there from my slope flying and every time I catched and held the plane I started to let go of it. So far no problems with the strap...

There where snow here 2 weeks ago, but the spring came early this year, thankfully.
It looked like this then:
DLG training in -10C (2 min 3 sec)

Thanks for the props