Wamsy's 3D Tutorial Thread - Page 40 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Oct 24, 2012, 07:13 AM
Santi
DaaBears's Avatar
Turnerm, how you liking 6.5 and that 37% edge?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2012, 09:10 AM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D
Turnerm, how you liking 6.5 and that 37% edge?
In general I like 6.5. I find that the planes all have a glow to them as if there is a spotlight on them which is weird so hopefully they sort that out.

I like the PAU Edge. I think I still like Tom's Gas Slick a little better though. I had to dial in a little more expo on the Edge's rudder because it was super sensitive for me. I also had to increase the aileron throws quite a bit because it was just insanely slow. But it's probably their best stock offering in the game for sure!
Oct 24, 2012, 10:49 AM
Santi
DaaBears's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
In general I like 6.5. I find that the planes all have a glow to them as if there is a spotlight on them which is weird so hopefully they sort that out.

I like the PAU Edge. I think I still like Tom's Gas Slick a little better though. I had to dial in a little more expo on the Edge's rudder because it was super sensitive for me. I also had to increase the aileron throws quite a bit because it was just insanely slow. But it's probably their best stock offering in the game for sure!
I increased power and massively increased the elevator and aileron throw to get it where I like it!
Oct 24, 2012, 11:04 AM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D
I increased power and massively increased the elevator and aileron throw to get it where I like it!
What did you do on the power front? I agree that it needs more.
Oct 24, 2012, 12:09 PM
Santi
DaaBears's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
What did you do on the power front? I agree that it needs more.
I think I put a da-120 on there with 125%
Oct 28, 2012, 07:48 AM
I like the violent stuff!
I hate computers, they are for people that can not do their own trig and programming! But I LOVE rc so they are required. So new computer, new R/F 6. Thught I uploaded 6.5 but do not see the PAU 37% Edge. Went to Knifeedge for other dowloads. Slick 540EA is cool! Tried for the 50CC Slick but it says it will not load because it's based on a plane not in the system. Tried uploading a couple more, R/F says they are in the system, but they are not on either menu. Please help!
Oct 28, 2012, 04:00 PM
3d Kiwi
uptime4downtime's Avatar
As I understand it, being new to RF myself (and loving it BTW!) - is that you need to download the model from the swap pages, and then the variant will work. Hopefully someone else can help, or I can when I get some more time to point you to that model. I had the exact issue, and solved it when I was pointed to download the model first that the tweaked model is based on.
Oct 28, 2012, 11:00 PM
Registered User
tacdriver's Avatar
It should say in the swap page "requires:" and that is what the model is based on, you'll need to install that first for things to work properly. Thankfully, it's set up as a link so you can just follow it. See attached snip.
Oct 29, 2012, 07:49 AM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacdriver
It should say in the swap page "requires:" and that is what the model is based on, you'll need to install that first for things to work properly. Thankfully, it's set up as a link so you can just follow it. See attached snip.
And if there is no link then it means that it comes in the game or with one of the expansion packs. So if you don't have the plane then you'll need to get the applicable expansion pack.
Dec 06, 2012, 06:27 AM
Registered User
denispeters's Avatar
sooo, after reading all the thread I finally ordered a RF 6.5 in order to raplace my very old AFPD
from the previous pages I know that some 3dhs planes are avilable for RF, but are there any good (that means realistic flight characteristics) extreme flight models available, as well?

cheers
Denis
Dec 11, 2012, 09:31 PM
Suspended Account
Great videos, great thread. Subscribed.
This game seems interesting though it is not as funny as the real planes.
Dec 14, 2012, 05:34 PM
Registered User
Exellent thread Wamsy!

It really helps a lot with explanation videoes for learning the 3 D flying.
I`m coming back after a lot of years away. It was a kind of easier before.. only flying the conventional way. 3D is way more complex..and more fun...

Now I know my training goals for this Chrismas....and next year.

BIG thanks!

/Tor
Dec 14, 2012, 07:40 PM
Fly Low
wamsy55's Avatar
Glad you enjoy them.

I have a month off from school so lets see what happens. Though I will say. No more sim videos from this guy ...
Latest blog entry: 3D Tutorial Streams: Poptops
Dec 27, 2012, 06:27 PM
Fly Low
wamsy55's Avatar
Preview (0 min 34 sec)



Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Latest blog entry: 3D Tutorial Streams: Poptops
Dec 27, 2012, 06:53 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55
So which maneuver was THAT??


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo Nitroplane's 3D-Hawk PNP (They say ARF) Tutorial Dellagd 3D Foamies 41 Sep 09, 2011 09:00 PM
GWS Spitfire Build thread (with glassing tutorial) David Winter GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 156 Sep 14, 2009 06:42 AM
Question Brushless Tutorial/Help Thread? thatchf137 Power Systems 0 Jul 31, 2004 02:24 PM