Apr 27, 2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammbn
good to know. maybe i will order a set for my dx8. unfortunately its not made to open up like the dx6/dx7. rather it just has access holes for the adjustment screws. hopefully it doesn't void my warranty to open it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris...
Afraid so warranty is void lammbn
if you had to change to another "mode" dont you have to open it? if thats the case it shouldnt void the warranty.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 27, 2012, 10:18 PM
They Call him Dead!
Question: What are the inputs of a "Screw Up" ?

I have been trying to get it on sim but it seems to want to keep going up after I roll and loop under. I can't seem to get it to roll, loop under, and the continue straight and level.
Apr 28, 2012, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead
Question: What are the inputs of a "Screw Up" ?
All of the correct movements but a half a second late. When you get that one there is the all the right movement but one in the wrong direction.
They come natural so don't worry you will get and if you want to speed up the learning curve just fly lower so you can see your plane better, works for most.
Apr 28, 2012, 06:06 AM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Never heard of it. Got a sample vid?
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Apr 28, 2012, 07:39 AM
They Call him Dead!
Scrub to 0:57 to see a screw up.

Precision Aerobatics Extra 260 (3 min 43 sec)
Apr 28, 2012, 08:12 AM
They Call him Dead!
I am having SOME success now on sim. I am going up line and doing a quarter roll with aileron. Then I add rudder (but only about 1/3 rudder) it it seems to screw on around. It does not look as quick as the video though.

Anyone have any more advise?
Apr 29, 2012, 09:25 AM
Registered Addict
This interesting move dead looks like a wall with a snap at the top ?
Apr 29, 2012, 09:49 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Ok I thought it would be easy. But I too am having trouble getting it on the sim. Where's Wamsy?
Apr 29, 2012, 09:54 PM
Fly Low
Thread OP
Just got back from SEFF!

To me, it just looks like a wall with a delayed snap. The snap being difficult because of loss of airspeed.

Never heard of it before.
May 01, 2012, 09:39 AM
For someone who is just getting the hang of basic maneuvers with scratch built foamies but would like to move towards 3D planes, do I have to spend $200 for a good sim? Any suggestions for a less expensive sim that will work with WIN7?
May 01, 2012, 10:05 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
I don't think Win7 is as much of a concern as your transmitter. That's the trick. Finding something that will work with what you have. The $200 versions of Phoenix and Realflight come with transmitters. The $129 version of Phoenix comes with a cable that works with Spektrum radios.

Clearview is free but you need a cable for your transmitter. Here's an example.
May 01, 2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormdriverOne
I don't think Win7 is as much of a concern as your transmitter. That's the trick. Finding something that will work with what you have. The $200 versions of Phoenix and Realflight come with transmitters. The $129 version of Phoenix comes with a cable that works with Spektrum radios.

Clearview is free but you need a cable for your transmitter. Here's an example.
Thanks for the tip Storm. Its your Stormbach442 I'm trying not to destroy. I've only flown it twice and crashed both times. It survived with only a few minor cracks in the fuselage but it came out too good to "learn" 3D with.
May 01, 2012, 02:15 PM
Team Hillbilly
I started with clearview. It was very good for the money. The program was $40 with unlimited upgrades anthems cable I got from eBay for $8.
May 01, 2012, 02:53 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 914pete
Its your Stormbach442 I'm trying not to destroy. I've only flown it twice and crashed both times. It survived with only a few minor cracks in the fuselage but it came out too good to "learn" 3D with.
Haha! The Stormbach can take a beating but the Diablo v3 is even more durable and much simpler to build. For a scratchbuild, I'd recommend one for learning the W3D. I'll post the plans below.

Wamsy3D.

Or better yet, one of these.
May 01, 2012, 04:54 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead
I am having SOME success now on sim. I am going up line and doing a quarter roll with aileron. Then I add rudder (but only about 1/3 rudder) it it seems to screw on around. It does not look as quick as the video though.

Anyone have any more advise?
Hey, more on the "Screw Up". It's not just a snap on the upline. That would have you continuing on the upline after the snap. If you flatten the Screw Up out and look at what would happen if you flying level, it would be a snap ending up pointing at the ground.

Anyway, I was just about getting it then, I found I fly the upline pull power back and do a snap roll to the left, left aileron and left rudder, up elevator. But as it comes around I switch back to right rudder and down elevator which is what stops it snapping and pushes the nose down.

Hope that makes sense. Like I said looking at it I thought it would be easy but it's a bit deceptive.

Quick Reply