Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Mar 28, 2012, 05:10 PM
-= GYRO =- is offline
Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
RC Pilot / Photographer
-= GYRO =-'s Avatar
Gents, I just ordered a few more. Got some 3s 2200.
I posted the buddy code here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=5524
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:31 AM
bmiller is offline
Find More Posts by bmiller
SoCal, Year Round Flying!
bmiller's Avatar
Been awhile since I posted, busy at work and rain on the weekends, so no flying yet.
Bought a bunch of 5.5 bullets and made a couple charger adapters. Just need to switch the 4mm bullets on my ESC to 5.5mm.
Plan is to charge them tomorrow night and I'll post what my hyperion duo shows for IR.
1st flights planned for saturday!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:39 AM
luke352 is offline
Find More Posts by luke352
Registered User
My 5s 4500 30c ones showed up today as well. My motor should be here in a few days aswell. I just need to pick up an ESC and prop now and i'll be set to run some bench tests.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 05:13 AM
Shortman is offline
Find More Posts by Shortman
1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34
Shortman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmiller View Post
Been awhile since I posted, busy at work and rain on the weekends, so no flying yet.
Bought a bunch of 5.5 bullets and made a couple charger adapters. Just need to switch the 4mm bullets on my ESC to 5.5mm.
Plan is to charge them tomorrow night and I'll post what my hyperion duo shows for IR.
1st flights planned for saturday!
Sweet looking forward to seeing what your IR readings are
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:09 AM
bmiller is offline
Find More Posts by bmiller
SoCal, Year Round Flying!
bmiller's Avatar
1st charge up of all 4 packs (5S 4500)
IR measured on Hyperion Duo charger.(Accurate? inaccurate? I don't know)
3 packs started at 10mohm ended at 8mohms.
1 pack started at 13mohms but dropped to 8mohms.
These are the highest readings I've seen on my charger during a 1st charge.
They should get better with more cycles... hopefully alot better!
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:41 AM
Shortman is offline
Find More Posts by Shortman
1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34
Shortman's Avatar
Thanks for the measurements, does the Hyperion do individual cell IR by any chance?

If we were going off 8mOhms per pack divided evenly you would get a true C rating of 32. Or 142 max current draw amps which is awesome
Last edited by Shortman; Mar 31, 2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 01:01 AM
bmiller is offline
Find More Posts by bmiller
SoCal, Year Round Flying!
bmiller's Avatar
No prob.
Sorry, I've no idea how it measures IR...
Old Mar 31, 2012, 01:22 AM
-= GYRO =- is offline
Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
RC Pilot / Photographer
-= GYRO =-'s Avatar
My packs should arrive next week, and I've also got a Hyperion duo that can measure IR. what kind if #'s should we be looking for?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 02:36 AM
Shortman is offline
Find More Posts by Shortman
1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34
Shortman's Avatar
Well my Gens Ace 25C 3800 6S measure 14mOhms each as a pack, and around 2mOhms per cell. That's after break in and 18 cycles now each. The larger the capacity, the lower the mOhm IR reading should be. 8mOhms looks good, if it goes lower and stays that way for a lot of cycles then I might have to grab some of these packs :P.

You take your IR and plug it into here...
http://www.jj604.com/LiPoTool/

this can give you a more accurate measurement of what your battery is capable of.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 03:12 AM
Wayne Giles is offline
Find More Posts by Wayne Giles
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmiller View Post
1st charge up of all 4 packs (5S 4500)
IR measured on Hyperion Duo charger.(Accurate? inaccurate? I don't know)
3 packs started at 10mohm ended at 8mohms.
1 pack started at 13mohms but dropped to 8mohms.
These are the highest readings I've seen on my charger during a 1st charge.
They should get better with more cycles... hopefully alot better!
My Hyperion Duo only measures the overall pack so that it includes connectors and leads and is wildly inaccurate. Ie about 50% out. It is a fairly old charger and has no individual cell IR display.
If taken at reasonable temperature, around 22F, those figures sound pretty good; too good to be true actually as pack readings.

Wayne
Old Mar 31, 2012, 03:39 AM
Wayne Giles is offline
Find More Posts by Wayne Giles
Registered User
Sorry - made a boo boo there! As there is only a single reading I assumed that it was taken via the power leads but the outer two balance wires could be being used as Kelvin connections. I have never tried a reading without the balance connector in use.
Still wildly innacurate though.

Wayne
Old Mar 31, 2012, 03:00 PM
bmiller is offline
Find More Posts by bmiller
SoCal, Year Round Flying!
bmiller's Avatar
Thanks for the info. I thought I read something about it being inaccurate.
Been a couple years but IIRC, I've seen zero IR displayed without the balance leads attached. Temp here is 65-70F where my packs are kept and charged(unused fireplace)
I have a 5S setup on my AD-1 Skyraider. It'll be easier/quicker to cycle the packs with that. Tough to keep low power levels with my F-16, it always wants to go fast!
Old Mar 31, 2012, 03:07 PM
bmiller is offline
Find More Posts by bmiller
SoCal, Year Round Flying!
bmiller's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortman View Post
Well my Gens Ace 25C 3800 6S measure 14mOhms each as a pack, and around 2mOhms per cell. That's after break in and 18 cycles now each. The larger the capacity, the lower the mOhm IR reading should be. 8mOhms looks good, if it goes lower and stays that way for a lot of cycles then I might have to grab some of these packs :P.

You take your IR and plug it into here...
http://www.jj604.com/LiPoTool/

this can give you a more accurate measurement of what your battery is capable of.
Thanks for the link! I played with it since you 1st posted it!

Whats currently available that gives accurate IR readings?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 03:30 PM
Shortman is offline
Find More Posts by Shortman
1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34
Shortman's Avatar
I know the iCharger 306b, 3010b, and FMA Powerlab chargers are somewhat accurate. Wayne has his own tool he made that is suppose to be very accurate, found here...

http://www.progressiverc.com/esr-meter.html
Old Mar 31, 2012, 05:01 PM
bmiller is offline
Find More Posts by bmiller
SoCal, Year Round Flying!
bmiller's Avatar
Nice stuff!
Ordered the ESR meter!
Thanks!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alert HK buddy code for Zippy 5000mah 45c 2s1p lipo wagondriver42 Racing Boats - Electric 0 Feb 28, 2012 04:00 AM
Wanted XT-60 connectors and 4s 2200mAh 30-40c lipo's (pref Zippy) Keenan smith Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 0 Feb 20, 2012 10:49 AM
Sold 2 Zippy FlightMax 6s1p 2650 LiPo's donpzal Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 3 Feb 12, 2012 04:07 PM
For Sale Xtreme blade 120sr motor & 3 zippy lipo's heliguyhigh Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jan 05, 2012 09:23 PM
Discussion Zippy Lipo's.....any good. Stuart Warne Batteries and Chargers 27 Aug 13, 2008 03:22 PM