Mar 04, 2012, 09:32 PM
multi rotors,foamies,car lover
Thread OP
Discussion

''ESC'' turnigy basic,plush,blue series

hi again, i want to know which esc is the best turnigy basic,plush,mysteries blue series i need 25-30 amp for my set up with my hoverlfypro
to remove ads between posts
Mar 04, 2012, 11:12 PM
manual flying apologist
i have good success with the plush line.....
Mar 05, 2012, 12:03 AM
lurking in the HOLE :)
The blue series is the ZTW re-branded. We use these with no flight issues at work on the big octo. I still prefer the plush and that is what goes on my personal stuff including my latest Quad build. if the setup client works 100% with the plush then There is something screwey with the ZTW. Setup works on everything with our octo except it has never been able to report actual gain setting and TX stick position. The ZTW speedies will not power up and beep continuously without a valid RX output. I'll confirm this in the next few days when I try the 60A plush.

Mark
Mar 05, 2012, 12:49 AM
Thread OP
thank you adidas

Mark , blue series always beep for calibration? because i have same issue with rctimer esc

so plush are the best hassle free?
Mar 05, 2012, 01:00 AM
I have only ever had one plush (a 25A for a brushless conversion I did on a coax a while back) cause me grief. It turned out to be a dry solder joint on one of the motor wires.

From what I am hearing from most of the other HF users here, the Plush seem to work really well with the HF boards. I should have my 60A Plush fitted to the Quad this week some time and will report back on how the fare compared to the ZTW's.

Mark
Mar 05, 2012, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6
The blue series is the ZTW re-branded. We use these with no flight issues at work on the big octo. I still prefer the plush and that is what goes on my personal stuff including my latest Quad build. if the setup client works 100% with the plush then There is something screwey with the ZTW. Setup works on everything with our octo except it has never been able to report actual gain setting and TX stick position. The ZTW speedies will not power up and beep continuously without a valid RX output. I'll confirm this in the next few days when I try the 60A plush.

Mark
Does that mean you can FLY with the blue series?
I cant even get them to arm with the HFP connected. How do you do it?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1595159
Mar 05, 2012, 01:24 AM
Ours are the black ones marked as ZTW. Yep they fly very well. There may be differences in the smaller Blue series V the bigger ones. Ours are 55A, 5.5V SBEC.
Mar 05, 2012, 02:42 PM
Hoverfly Technologies
We strive to make our product as compatible as possible with as many brands as possible, but the official recommendation from Hoverfly is Turnigy Plush series ESCs. This is the product that we have most thoroughly tested successfully on our in-house builds.
Mar 11, 2012, 11:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoverben
We strive to make our product as compatible as possible with as many brands as possible, but the official recommendation from Hoverfly is Turnigy Plush series ESCs. This is the product that we have most thoroughly tested successfully on our in-house builds.
my rctimer work well now! it was solder from one motor
Mar 12, 2012, 04:10 PM
I too use rctimer 50a optos and they work great.
Mar 12, 2012, 11:01 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZSlenker
I too use rctimer 50a optos and they work great.
the only problem i get with these esc i have to recalibrate them everytime i flown

Quick Reply