Mar 04, 2012, 04:19 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Stable video success with MX400

I have been struggling trying to come up with Jell-O free video on the MX400 and pretty much got it nailed today. Of course, the first steps were to balance the blades and motors, but that never quite got it to go away.

The problem was trying to mount the camera to the bottom plate on the MX400 chassis. Even with the bushings there, there just wasnt enough mass to get a camera stable.

My solution was dead simple...I took a strip of fiberglass and strapped it to the battery. The camera is hung off a protruding end of the fiberglass strip. The result is very stable footage. I did a quick test in the backyard which normally shows the jello effect very strongly when looking at the vertical lines of the fence.

Extended Camera Mount on Walkera MX400 (2 min 51 sec)
Latest blog entry: DJI Mavic Flight Mode Tests
to remove ads between posts
Mar 09, 2012, 03:48 PM
If your using a GoPro you can set it to the R5 cam view and eliminate the wide angle lens effect might also remove your rotors from the video too.

Quick Reply