Thread Tools
Old Mar 04, 2012, 03:23 PM
R0yalty is offline
Find More Posts by R0yalty
Registered User
Discussion

First LiPo plane, need some help connecting


Hi,

I just received my first LiPo plane (Dynam Spitfire 1200mm).

The battery connector in the plane looks like this:


The battery that came with looks like this:


All clear so fat.

I also separately ordered a balance charger:


It has the following adapter for balance connectors:


And the following connectors:


I also ordered a couple of extra batteries, but unfortunately with a different connectors thats on the plane:


So I have a couple of questions.

1. As the charger did not include any cordings for the type of connector I have on the dynamo battery that came with the plane, how do I charge it using this charger. Can I use the cord in the middle on the picture above, where I simply connect the T-connector to the charger and "snap" on the other ends on the battery? Or would that be not safe?

2. As you can see, the balance connectors on the batteries look a bit different. The plug it self looks the same, but the colors of the cords are different, can both be connected to the lower right socket on the screen above?

3. How would I go about to connect the batteries with the T-connections to the plane, are there any adapters?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:11 PM
TheWoodCrafter is offline
Find More Posts by TheWoodCrafter
RC Helicopter Pilot
TheWoodCrafter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0yalty View Post

1. As the charger did not include any cordings for the type of connector I have on the dynamo battery that came with the plane, how do I charge it using this charger. Can I use the cord in the middle on the picture above, where I simply connect the T-connector to the charger and "snap" on the other ends on the battery? Or would that be not safe?
Yes
Yes
If you be careful, yes

Quote:
2. As you can see, the balance connectors on the batteries look a bit different. The plug it self looks the same, but the colors of the cords are different, can both be connected to the lower right socket on the screen above?
If they fit in the board they are right no matter what color the wires are. Most likely the red or the black wire is in the same place.

Quote:
3. How would I go about to connect the batteries with the T-connections to the plane, are there any adapters?
You may need to either buy an adapter or change a plug somewhere so everything is the same.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion ULTRA 16 receiver diversity Need some help? sky cam FPV Talk 2 Mar 06, 2012 02:28 AM
Discussion Need Some Help...Which heli? 3D-flyer-93 Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 4 Mar 04, 2012 09:31 AM
Discussion Need some help with my power system copperbricks Power Systems 1 Mar 03, 2012 11:20 AM
Discussion Need Some Help DLC Vintage & Old-Timer Designs 6 Feb 26, 2012 02:56 PM
Help! Ok guys need some help picking my first plane stafphoto Electric Plane Talk 19 Oct 20, 2006 12:34 PM