Oct 15, 2012, 07:29 PM
Matt Mabry
Great news!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2012, 12:10 AM
PWR
PWR
It sounds greate Thomas, remember to post pictures.
Oct 16, 2012, 12:18 AM
Thread OP
First one's MINE!!!!!!!!!! No one will be able to pull it out of my hands
Testing a couple things with it that hasn't been implemented in production kits yet (most notably, the new foam core material). If it passes my super world-class rigorous awesome explosive testing then maybe it'll be implemented in the future.

Thanks everyone for being so patient!!! It'll be well worth the wait
Oct 16, 2012, 03:37 AM
Thread OP
Oh, pictures will come without a doubt!!
Oct 16, 2012, 01:50 PM
Addicted to lift
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbox
Got my Neos from Thomas, Great work man!

Will update my building progress soon.

Pure carbon BLING right there! Love it!
Oct 21, 2012, 10:23 AM
Thread OP
Great weekend for the Neos, Dave Banks with a 1st place finish at the F3K contest in Seattle, and my win in the F3K contest in Dongguan, China, wheee!!!!
.........off the bed
Oct 21, 2012, 12:41 PM
Will fly for food
I watched Dave B get some great launches with the Neos and the 15+ mph winds. Probably the highest in the contest by 25'. Great day, however both Dave and I agree that black winged DLG's mess with your mind. I was flying my TS3 with the all carbon wing and I lost orentation many times. While watching Dave fly I lost orentation of the Neos several times. I think the blustry winds had a lot to do with orentation as we were moving the stick a lot to keep on top of it. I will be adding some color to mine and I hear the Neos is going with color now too. Penetration was the name of the game yesterday and the Neos won the battle. I will say the TS3 is the best penetrating TS I've flown.
Oct 21, 2012, 07:10 PM
Will fly for Bourbon
Yes, yes , yes, the Neos was just rocking in the wind! What's cool is everyone was adding ballast for the wind but I just did a re trim to handle it. Big advantage when you can fly with a lighter wing loading in the turbulent lift, the Neos was climbing like a rocket! Launching real high also. Have not flown with ballast yet and have not hit conditions that the Neos could not handle without ballast. Congrats Thomas!!! The Neos is a world wide winner!
Oct 21, 2012, 09:02 PM
Matt Mabry
Congrats guys!
Oct 22, 2012, 12:29 AM
PWR
PWR
Congratulations to you both.

Now we just need Thomas bound to the buildtable, so we can get the Neos out.

Can hardly wait.

Palle
Oct 22, 2012, 02:25 AM
AERO+
Neos won yesterday's battle too!
Congratulations to Thomas!
Oct 23, 2012, 11:01 AM
Thread OP
I had a little trouble with orientation once or twice too during the contest when the air got more turbulent, I think the color's going to help out a LOT!

Some of the guys here have taken their airbrush to their full carbon wings too.

David, I'm happy you're having so much fun with the TS3!! It's by far the best quality and
stiffest plane that they've produced. I checked their root though and it's actually really close to a ZV2, I wonder if their description that their new TS3 is also AG is accurate or not. In any case, it does seem to be a nice step in the right direction in terms of performance from talking to the 3 or 4 guys I know flying one.

Congrats Dave!!! Great flying!!

Nick, get your Neos ready before November's SCSA contest! I think Gaoshan's performance improved a lot this time, after he has his Neos trimmed well he's going to be hard to beat.
But, I realized I need to work on the 25th.... if I cannot find someone to fill my spot I will not be able to fly in the November contest
Oct 23, 2012, 11:05 AM
Thread OP
Palle, you will see the first CNC neos soon!!
Oct 23, 2012, 12:42 PM
Will fly for food
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLee
I had a little trouble with orientation once or twice too during the contest when the air got more turbulent, I think the color's going to help out a LOT!

Some of the guys here have taken their airbrush to their full carbon wings too.

David, I'm happy you're having so much fun with the TS3!! It's by far the best quality and
stiffest plane that they've produced. I checked their root though and it's actually really close to a ZV2, I wonder if their description that their new TS3 is also AG is accurate or not. In any case, it does seem to be a nice step in the right direction in terms of performance from talking to the 3 or 4 guys I know flying one.

Interesting, It flys like an AG just faster and with good penetration. I flew it at the last contest in 15+ mph wind and it was doable.
Last edited by davidjensen; Oct 23, 2012 at 01:59 PM.
Oct 23, 2012, 07:30 PM
Hey Thomas,did you get my PM?

What airfoil is this plane? ZV2? I just came back from flying this evening and noticed a couple things that were different then when I fly my Helios. They are both fast/slippery when flying from thermal to thermal through sink. It definitely "floats" and climbs a little better without as much camber as my Helios and with the NEOS being heavier. My assumption is more wing area/square footage helps the NEOS in this area. Anyone else fly these 2 in comparison?

CG/Camber setting recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply