Mar 07, 2012, 09:31 AM
Add me to the list of those wanting a board.
Also the boards for brushless motors when available
thanks
to remove ads between posts
Mar 07, 2012, 09:53 AM
Thread OP

studying....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugman Jeff
So, me being a quad idiot, I've got a couple questions.

If I understand correctly, all I need is this board, a receiver, and 4 brushed motors (or ESCs and BL motors) and I've got all the electronics I need?

Would this board work for larger quads too, or it is just for micros?

Thanks for the info
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpopweb
I had the same question, is the price $25.00 shipped?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk
I would include them because even if it works without problems now, in long term the voltage spikes can damage the FET's

I would also include a very small capacitor in parallel with the diode to lower the rate of voltage change. This is to remove electrical noise radiated from the circuit and also make it possible to use a slower diode.

But in the end the diode is most important, and also the diode itself has a small capacitance.

Have you tried looking at the waveform at the FET with a scope and a 1/10 probe?
Mr Bugman...all asnwers to your quests in blog...
Mr Tpopweb..same for u...

Mr kapteinkuk, can´t agree with you more. I did a research in coaxials and micro forums (to see how they solve this in kinda "toy" designs) some weeks ago and yes those spikes are a "hammer" to avoid... so really anxious to get the proto boards to do some extensive tests to see not only how life of FETs is affected with/without DIODES but also how life of motor´s brushes are affected too.

So as I told You, while trying to keep this as simple as possible, will also do my best to try to solve most problems (no matter how small they be) before the releasing of the product, even if it´s not commercially intended for this moment.

Will post results as soon as possible for You and others be able to keep helping with the project as long as You be interested in...

Saludos,
Jose

BTW. Asking for the scope thing...will let you know as soon as get the report
Mar 08, 2012, 06:19 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doblao
Mr kapteinkuk, can´t agree with you more. I did a research in coaxials and micro forums (to see how they solve this in kinda "toy" designs) some weeks ago and yes those spikes are a "hammer" to avoid... so really anxious to get the proto boards to do some extensive tests to see not only how life of FETs is affected with/without DIODES but also how life of motor´s brushes are affected too.

So as I told You, while trying to keep this as simple as possible, will also do my best to try to solve most problems (no matter how small they be) before the releasing of the product, even if it´s not commercially intended for this moment.
One thing about diodes and capacitors for the motors.
They could be separate parts connected to the motors instead of being part of the board.
They may also be more effective as separate parts connected directly to the motors instead of being part of the board. If they are part of the board, the wires between the board and motors will also be involved, and these wires will act as inductors probably.
Mar 08, 2012, 08:24 PM
Thread OP

Diodes and other things...:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama
One thing about diodes and capacitors for the motors.
They could be separate parts connected to the motors instead of being part of the board.
They may also be more effective as separate parts connected directly to the motors instead of being part of the board. If they are part of the board, the wires between the board and motors will also be involved, and these wires will act as inductors probably.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8&postcount=55

Saludos,
Jose
Mar 21, 2012, 07:15 AM
Thread OP

ROME board first betatester in action...ducted design

Just received this build "tutorial"...hope You like it...

Micro Ducted Fan EDF Quadcopter Build 35 Grams With Lipo (2 min 52 sec)

Saludos,
Jose
Mar 22, 2012, 08:05 PM
Esto va cogiendo forma....

¡¡Enhorabuena!!

Salu2
Apr 02, 2012, 08:23 AM
Thread OP

Ese Canario (Y yo pensando de que me sonaba Adeje)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apejovic
Esto va cogiendo forma....

¡¡Enhorabuena!!

Salu2
Si man, a poquito a poco....como disen por aqui por el sur de la peni.
Un video y un saludo,
Jose

ROME test... flies. (0 min 56 sec)

Quick Reply