Thread Tools
Sep 14, 2012, 02:01 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays
Here it says input power: 4S-12S
http://www.dji-innovations.com/produ...pecifications/

So if we cannot trust the info on the DJI HP, whom can we trust

best regards

Ferdinand
I am going to make sure ... BEC support 4S to 12S. S-800 up to 6S.
Last edited by sidneyw; Sep 14, 2012 at 02:14 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2012, 02:20 AM
Registered User
EndOfDays's Avatar
It is also printed on the Z15-controller: 14-52V, makes also sense, since with WKH ore ACE one, it is quite common to use 12S (for helicopters)

best regards

Ferdinand
Sep 14, 2012, 05:10 AM
Registered User
hugy's Avatar
Made my first 2 flights with the zenmuse and gh2. Still have to tweak the settings a bit but it is already way better than any other gimball I have used so far.

I mounted it on my custom built x8.

zenmuse maiden (2 min 30 sec)
Sep 14, 2012, 05:38 AM
Registered User
Looks a little to big for the Zenmuse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=JiSwGHPJw74
Sep 14, 2012, 05:46 AM
For those not using the S800, what size of rename and configurations are you running with the Z15 (ie frame, motors, lipos, etc)?

Looking for some various air-frame options beyond the S800, most likely a hex with 4S.
Sep 14, 2012, 06:33 AM
DJI Supporter
Sid3ways's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypam
Looks a little to big for the Zenmuse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=JiSwGHPJw74
I'm not sure if you realize but for the majority of that video they had the battery grip installed on the GH3. Without that the camera is only slightly larger than the current GH2.
Sep 14, 2012, 06:58 AM
MK Addict
GC9N's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways
I'm not sure if you realize but for the majority of that video they had the battery grip installed on the GH3. Without that the camera is only slightly larger than the current GH2.

http://www.eoshd.com/content/8922/gh...ium-alloy-body

according to this it will be heavier, the body itself
Sep 14, 2012, 10:50 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays
It is also printed on the Z15-controller: 14-52V, makes also sense, since with WKH ore ACE one, it is quite common to use 12S (for helicopters)

best regards

Ferdinand
Ok, it is confirmed. 12S can be used... in reality the output is only 12V even the input is 52V from 12S because there is a built in BEC in the GCU to keep output to Zenmuse motors at 12V.
Sep 14, 2012, 11:23 AM
SkyHi Aerial
Daloaf's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugy
Made my first 2 flights with the zenmuse and gh2. Still have to tweak the settings a bit but it is already way better than any other gimball I have used so far.

I mounted it on my custom built x8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-PBl8Uw0tY
Hugy, can you please post some pictures of your octo with the Z15 hooked up. I'm curious to see how people are mounting the Z15 to custom frames. Thanks.
Sep 14, 2012, 11:24 AM
MK Addict
GC9N's Avatar
Hey
Who wants someone to make a hack fw for your nex5n to shoot video up to 46Mbit 1080p ?
http://www.nex-hack.com
Sep 14, 2012, 11:31 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettraptor
Hey
Who wants someone to make a hack fw for your nex5n to shoot video up to 46Mbit 1080p ?
http://www.nex-hack.com
That would be cool.
Sep 14, 2012, 11:34 AM
MK Addict
GC9N's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts
That would be cool.
they claim the same clarity as the hacked gh2

Sony NEX hack by Someone 1.00 (1 min 45 sec)
Last edited by GC9N; Sep 14, 2012 at 11:40 AM.
Sep 14, 2012, 11:38 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts
That would be cool.
It might be a scam too.
Sep 14, 2012, 11:40 AM
Registered User
Can I fly the Z15 with s800 on 4s lipo ??

I have already to many 4s lipo, would be a shame to buy another round of new batteries. if not 4s, what about 8s ?
Sep 14, 2012, 11:41 AM
Registered User
EndOfDays's Avatar
No, and No, no chance (with 4S or 8S)

best regards

Ferdinand


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion DJI F550 Hex Build, with 2-axis NEX-5N/GH2 Gimbal... GGoodrum Multirotor Drone Talk 9560 May 27, 2014 11:06 PM
New Product CLD 2/3-Axis FPV Gimbal for mini cameras and GoPro crd FPV Talk 9 Jul 13, 2012 10:42 PM
Discussion DJI Spread Wings S800 and Zenmuse Z15 prices are out! tpnitro Multirotor Drone Talk 120 Jun 19, 2012 01:27 AM
Wanted 3 axis gimbal on a budget =) HobokenHobbiesNJ FPV Equipment (FS/W) 3 Mar 20, 2012 10:57 AM
New Product CLD 2/3-Axis FPV Gimbal for mini cameras and GoPro crd Aerial Photography 2 Sep 12, 2011 06:44 PM