Sep 29, 2016, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the Fish
Are you connected to Can 1 not Can 2. What you are describing is typical of Can Bus mismatch
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2016, 10:18 PM
Hi Tahoe Ed: I am using a WKM FC so I have only the one Can-bus port that is part of the GPS antenna connection as there are no other Can-bus ports like with A2. My WKM units still work great so I have not gone to A2.
Sep 29, 2016, 10:36 PM
Ed: The other issue that I have is that I cannot get the assistant software to recognize the GCU. I downloaded the 1.4 assistant software and connected via micro USB but cannot establish a connection with my Windows 10 laptop. One person suggested that the assistant might not connect via Win 10 and that Win 7 might work. Could this be true? Unfortunately I do not have access to Win 7.
Sep 29, 2016, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskycutter
Ed: The other issue that I have is that I cannot get the assistant software to recognize the GCU. I downloaded the 1.4 assistant software and connected via micro USB but cannot establish a connection with my Windows 10 laptop. One person suggested that the assistant might not connect via Win 10 and that Win 7 might work. Could this be true? Unfortunately I do not have access to Win 7.
That may be true. I am on Win7 currently. Make sure your run as an admin because the driver and software are unsigned and windows does not like that. Mac does not care.
Oct 01, 2016, 10:21 AM
Ed: Are you saying that there is a MAC version of this assistant software? I have not been able to find one. If you have a link to it that would be very helpful. Again, this is for a DJI Z15 for GH3. Thanks.
Oct 01, 2016, 10:25 AM
There is no Mac version of the assistant software. Without putting words in Eds mouth, I believe he was referring to the fact that Mac does not have the "unsigned" driver issues that Windows 10 has with DJI products.
Oct 01, 2016, 11:35 AM
Okay, thanks for the clarification. By the way: I sent that gimbal back and have a new one coming next week. I think you were correct that the GCU was bad so I am hoping that the new one will let me in with the assistant software. I also spoke with someone who uses Windows 10 and has no problem updating his Z15 Zenmuse so I am hopeful.
Oct 02, 2016, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the Fish

Chinese National Holiday

Please note that China is on a National Holiday from October 1st to 8th. There will be staff working but responses many be delayed.
Oct 11, 2016, 08:00 PM
My 2nd Z15-GH3 gimbal just arrived . I have a quick question: When I power up my WKM flight controller and power the gimbal the gimbal goes through its gyrations with the green light on as though it wants to stabilize and then it calms down but then it does nothing. It just sits there. The motors are not holding and all 3 axis are just free to move about with no resistance, totally disengaged. It is connected to the WKM FC and "gimbal" is checked in the WKM assistant software. My WKM is running FW 5.26, the latest. Can you think of something that might cause this disengaged condition?
Last edited by blueskycutter; Oct 12, 2016 at 09:25 AM.
Nov 02, 2017, 05:25 AM
I have a Z15 Nex gimbal that I have just fitted to my S900. When I turn it on, it is sometimes fine and sometimes the screen rolls from top to bottom and sometimes black and white.
Firmware is up to date from assistant, can I update the firmware on the HDMI convertor? It is V2.
Any ideas what is causing this?
Nov 02, 2017, 05:33 AM
Forgot to add, Light is green under the gimbal all the time and all other functions: Shutter, recording etc etc work fine
Nov 02, 2017, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Seeing I
Forgot to add, Light is green under the gimbal all the time and all other functions: Shutter, recording etc etc work fine
Check the HDMI connections to the camera and the HD/AV board.
Nov 02, 2017, 11:25 AM
Yea they seem to be fine. I have replaced the hdmi cable with another that I have but that has made no difference
Nov 02, 2017, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Seeing I
Yea they seem to be fine. I have replaced the hdmi cable with another that I have but that has made no difference
Make sure that your camera settings are per the manual for the Z15.
Nov 02, 2017, 12:31 PM
Yep they are also fine, Ok new developments...... I can make the picture stable by power cycling the camera. I can then make the picture go again by manually focusing the camera (and no movement of the gimbal). So I am suspecting either the HDMI connection on the camera or the HDMI board on the gimbal as it seems a change in data can set it off.

Quick Reply