Feb 18, 2013, 06:19 PM
whats your problem dude Go and ask a dealer if you want to be sold on one. People here are just private people voicing their opinions.

The reason I upgraded to the Zenmuse was reliability. The zenmuse performs solid footage EVERY time. Not just when there is no wind, or just when you have managed to get the settings perfect for that particular day. EVERY time. For a professional that is worth more than anything, and in that respect nothing else is as reliably stable as the Zenmuse right now. For me and the people I shoot for reliability is key - if a director is spending 50-100K to shoot an advert and the day isnt perfect for flying multicopters you still have to perform.

To be honest the closest I have got to Zenmuse performance was with my Ecilop but the fact was that wouldn't perform as well in high winds or when being thrown about as much as the Zenmuse will. AG 550 is the same really - in perfect conditions with the help of some post stabilization you can get good footage - but not all day every day.

Not sure what you are trying to achieve here by asking a question then attacking everyone who responds but thats my best answer for you.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2013, 06:25 PM
Osprey
Quote:
Originally Posted by neavissa
OK, I make sure I write DJI a thank you letter?!

I am glad it "blows" everything else out of the water?! Now why is that again?! Because it does! I got it!

I see. The Z15 is "better" because it doesn't really need any post stab and/or post production?! Does that mean all the cameras used in big Hollywood productions are crap, because they all need some sort of post production?! The way you are putting it, sounds like it?!

I am also a bit unsure about the "heavy" post stab you are talking about?! Does "heavy" to you mean, that a lousy PC will take all night to render the footage?! Or does "heavy" mean that you have to spend a few bucks to get some decent software?! There are programs out there, that are either free or cost a couple of hundred bucks and they get the job done, i.e. DaVince Resolve 9. Most people seem to also be a bit confused on what it takes to post stabilize video?! I am by all means no expert, but I was able to figure it out after watching a few tutorials on YouTube!

Speaking of post production. Anyone who wants to make a somewhat decent movie, is going to have to drag it into some sort of software, right?! You want to correct the color, the sound and most likely edit it. Once its in your software, drag your special effect in there and you are done! Its that simple! Like I said, I am not an expert in this, so if you tell me, that for one or another reason post production stabilization is "bad" for the footage, this argument should never be used again!!!

Someone said that everything else seems like a toy, compared to the Z15 and is Hobby grade. I actually believe it is the other way around! YES, the Z15 is a nice piece of engineering, but it seems to always attracts the same kind of people?! People that cannot wait to land, get the SD card out of their camera, put it in to their laptop and say, "Here! Look at this footage!"?!

I would really for once hear a REAL reason why the Z15 is worth $3500 bucks?! If you took the time to write much without saying really anything, please try again! I believe that if you knew the answer yourself, you would have simple said so, instead of beating around the bush!

thank you,

Georgios

p.s. MOST IMPORTANT! I am not here to offend anyone! Everything you say, I appreciate! I am just tired of asking, "Hey, will this work?!" just so people can say, "NO IT WONT!" But I never ever really get a why?!
I have a video/film production company, it is what I do full time.

I have shot a lot from full scale helis with Tyler mounts, those cost 20K or more btw, and the jet ranger is expensive as well. A day rental is $7,500.00.

I have spent a lot of money (my clients money really) on aerials.

I just started shooting with multis this summer when I was hired to work as a field producer with a company that does this, the results were pretty good. But I felt I could do better. I am a pilot and I have also done a lot of aerial photography over the years.

Anyway I built a couple multies with different gimbals and I was getting good results with a lot of post stabilization.

Then I got the 800 with Zen. Wow it is really perfect and frankly really cheap. I have tripods that cost more than a Zen gimbal. My StediCam cost 7K 10 years ago. It still works perfectly. A good jib is 5K and gets you maybe 12' up. So to me 10K for a S800 and a Zen with camera included is a bargain.

As far as post production goes, every camera needs CC (color correction) and grading (creating a look that fits with others shots and the mood of your piece).

Motion stabilizing is a no no unless you absolutely have to it is always lossy even the very best like AE warp stabilizer. It is also very time consuming, and time is money.

So for me the Zen is a wonderful tool it saves money and time. It is just like using a StediCam versus hand held. I love it.

DJI hit a home run with this one. And I also think the S800 with WKM is a real bargain, especially combined with the Zen. What is so amazing is getting usable footage in nasty gusty wind. I have a shoot with the Zen tomorrow 15-20 mph wind and higher gusts, I am still planning to shoot unless it starts to snow hard before we are done. I would not even consider this with a lesser setup.
Feb 18, 2013, 08:50 PM
jab
jab
Unregistered User
Quote:
I see. The Z15 is "better" because it doesn't really need any post stab and/or post production?! Does that mean all the cameras used in big Hollywood productions are crap, because they all need some sort of post production?! The way you are putting it, sounds like it?!

I am also a bit unsure about the "heavy" post stab you are talking about?! Does "heavy" to you mean, that a lousy PC will take all night to render the footage?! Or does "heavy" mean that you have to spend a few bucks to get some decent software?! There are programs out there, that are either free or cost a couple of hundred bucks and they get the job done, i.e. DaVince Resolve 9. Most people seem to also be a bit confused on what it takes to post stabilize video?! I am by all means no expert, but I was able to figure it out after watching a few tutorials on YouTube!

Speaking of post production. Anyone who wants to make a somewhat decent movie, is going to have to drag it into some sort of software, right?! You want to correct the color, the sound and most likely edit it. Once its in your software, drag your special effect in there and you are done! Its that simple! Like I said, I am not an expert in this, so if you tell me, that for one or another reason post production stabilization is "bad" for the footage, this argument should never be used again!!!

Someone said that everything else seems like a toy, compared to the Z15 and is Hobby grade. I actually believe it is the other way around! YES, the Z15 is a nice piece of engineering, but it seems to always attracts the same kind of people?! People that cannot wait to land, get the SD card out of their camera, put it in to their laptop and say, "Here! Look at this footage!"?!

I would really for once hear a REAL reason why the Z15 is worth $3500 bucks?! If you took the time to write much without saying really anything, please try again! I believe that if you knew the answer yourself, you would have simple said so, instead of beating around the bush!

thank you,

Georgios

p.s. MOST IMPORTANT! I am not here to offend anyone! Everything you say, I appreciate! I am just tired of asking, "Hey, will this work?!" just so people can say, "NO IT WONT!" But I never ever really get a why?!
A mantra much used in professional video production is "crap in, crap out". Post production is not some magical bullet that can turn any video into beautiful blockbuster movie footage. With the Z-15 you can be pretty sure that the footage will be solid from the start. Solid raw footage means less time spent in post trying to salvage footage, and better results in the end. Stuff that suddenly start to make a lot of sense when you are on the clock with paying costumers expecting results.
Last edited by jab; Feb 18, 2013 at 08:57 PM.
Feb 19, 2013, 05:27 PM
HeXaCam Industrial and Cityscapes (1 min 4 sec)
Feb 19, 2013, 08:34 PM
Another use for the Zenmuse, it works geat as a steadycam!

Promoción de proyectos (1 min 55 sec)
Feb 19, 2013, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab74
Excellent footage - and demonstrates one advantage the Z15 has over some competing systems - it can aim vertically down.
Feb 20, 2013, 04:53 AM
Craneman, nice!
Feb 20, 2013, 05:55 AM
Quote:
p.s. Since I have to go and work on my amateur hobby toys, I won't have the time to read your lame *** response, if you have any! Unsubscripted!
Very nice from you that you take care about my wishes even before I wrote them.

Must be one of the guys that use 4K cams with servo gimbals and then use the 50% Picture headroom to get stabile Full HD footage without loss
Feb 21, 2013, 04:47 AM
Luckily competition is starting and DJI will have to do some pretty amazing stuff to sell more Zenmuses in the future.

It's funny that this time it is all the way round. Normally the Chinese are "evolving" something that has been invented by someone else, this time Europeans invented some cheap way to get Zenmuse-like results.

Want a proof?

Here it is (not my video).

Forgot again how to directly embed YT-videos.
Feb 21, 2013, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knilch
Luckily competition is starting and DJI will have to do some pretty amazing stuff to sell more Zenmuses in the future.

It's funny that this time it is all the way round. Normally the Chinese are "evolving" something that has been invented by someone else, this time Europeans invented some cheap way to get Zenmuse-like results.

Want a proof?

Here it is (not my video).

Forgot again how to directly embed YT-videos.
Looks very good, competition is always a good thing!

That was one heck of a dive he took at 54 seconds
Last edited by Craneman; Feb 21, 2013 at 08:21 AM.
Feb 21, 2013, 08:24 AM

dji GoPro Gimbal

Look:

dji GoPro Gimbal....

DJI Introducing Gopro Zenmuse (3 min 16 sec)
Feb 21, 2013, 08:26 AM
Suspended Account
Be nice if they posted a price and release date.
Feb 21, 2013, 08:26 AM
Which frame would you suggest to fly zenmuse? Cinestar 6 or droidworx XM 6 or x8?
I would like to have more or less stock fit.
Feb 21, 2013, 02:05 PM
Osprey
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadslo
Which frame would you suggest to fly zenmuse? Cinestar 6 or droidworx XM 6 or x8?
I would like to have more or less stock fit.
In the video it looks like an F550...
Feb 21, 2013, 02:22 PM
@quadslo
I cannot be of help for you, since I know non of the frames you suggested, but it can only get better (compared to what you used until now).

best regards
Ferdinand

Quick Reply