Thread Tools
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 09, 2012, 11:24 PM
Registered User
hexa's Avatar
Those chute may help slow down the hefty payload impact when hitting some one in the head falling from space, but i don't think it will save the z15 and camera from being bent smash.

Good to see folks actually trying at making the hubby safe with their inventions.

Am thinking maybe some sort of fast filling gas balloon
Balloon fills up copter floats, use radio to gently let air out, copter fall slowly.
Dec 10, 2012, 06:08 AM
Registered User
i like those rescue systems, but i see some things that are not adressed ...

who triggers the rescue system?

is it the pilot? is it hapening by itself? do the motors stop, when triggered, to prevent the lines to get catched by the motors?

how does the copter look after landing on concreteand not on a very think layer of grass?

in my opinion it should be an automatic system, as i probably automaticly would try to correct any happenings prior to a crash, before i would acctually recognice and realise that i am in real trouble. meaning that i would be to slow to get the parachute out as fast as necessary.

but there are a few more things to be managed ...

when does the system trigger? it needs to be triggerd, when some irregularities arise ...

but the s800 can fly with 5 motors full equipped with zenmuse, camera, 2x5000 mah batteries, as i know from experience. so with a one motor malfunction it shouldn´t trigger, as you would still have controll about where to land - you don´t want to give that up!

i am looking for something that can fullfill all the needs i have, but until now it doesn´t exist as far as i know.

any suggestions?

btw. they don´t discribe how it acctually is triggered at all, with the options shown over here ...

i have read from a guy who has solved all this problems, but he needs more time to present the idea to the world ...

i am waiting! :-)


rené
Dec 10, 2012, 08:40 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by renricker7
i like those rescue systems, but i see some things that are not adressed ...

who triggers the rescue system?

is it the pilot? is it hapening by itself? do the motors stop, when triggered, to prevent the lines to get catched by the motors?

how does the copter look after landing on concreteand not on a very think layer of grass?

in my opinion it should be an automatic system, as i probably automaticly would try to correct any happenings prior to a crash, before i would acctually recognice and realise that i am in real trouble. meaning that i would be to slow to get the parachute out as fast as necessary.

but there are a few more things to be managed ...

when does the system trigger? it needs to be triggerd, when some irregularities arise ...

but the s800 can fly with 5 motors full equipped with zenmuse, camera, 2x5000 mah batteries, as i know from experience. so with a one motor malfunction it shouldn´t trigger, as you would still have controll about where to land - you don´t want to give that up!

i am looking for something that can fullfill all the needs i have, but until now it doesn´t exist as far as i know.

any suggestions?

btw. they don´t discribe how it acctually is triggered at all, with the options shown over here ...

i have read from a guy who has solved all this problems, but he needs more time to present the idea to the world ...

i am waiting! :-)


rené
Rene,
you are absolutely right, a parachute system cannot be a dumb system just tiggered by the pilot. It needs to be automatically operational when there is failure including signal loss from the the tx. So it needs a completely seperate circuit and power supply. YOur points are exactly right, it needs to be able switch of all the motors if running it needs to sense if it's a too steep an angle without the pilot and deploy, lots of issues have to be resolved, but I think it should be mandatory for multi's to carry one of these systems to be used professionally. Someone will make a lot of money if thye get it right..... perhaps I should!!
Dec 10, 2012, 11:47 AM
Registered User
just tried a gh3 on a zemuse with a couple of mods it calibrates can't say more at the moment but it looks good for now !

GH3 Zenmuse Calibration (1 min 10 sec)


Boris

(edit) Sorry Zenmuse
Last edited by BorisSA; Dec 10, 2012 at 12:00 PM.
Dec 10, 2012, 11:57 AM
Registered User
Bemuse?
Dec 10, 2012, 12:23 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA
just tried a gh3 on a zemuse with a couple of mods it calibrates can't say more at the moment but it looks good for now !

https://vimeo.com/55289759

Boris

(edit) Sorry Zenmuse
Awesome Boris!,
I was wondering it it could be used, love to know more about your project as it develops
Dec 10, 2012, 01:54 PM
Registered User
leveling also works for now. Lets see what it does in flight. Just have to get some parts made !

GH3 on Zenmuse Leveling (0 min 20 sec)


end of the week I'm in the air !

Boris
Dec 10, 2012, 05:28 PM
Registered User
Wow! Any issues with the hdmi converter? Can't wait to see aerial footages.
Dec 10, 2012, 06:29 PM
Registered User
Didn't get to it yet. I was actually playing with the camera now. Did give it any direct attention only fitting it onto the zen the whole day SO now GH3 only time and than sleepy sleep. Tomorrow I will report !

Boris
Dec 11, 2012, 04:54 AM
DJI Supporter
Sid3ways's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA
Didn't get to it yet. I was actually playing with the camera now. Did give it any direct attention only fitting it onto the zen the whole day SO now GH3 only time and than sleepy sleep. Tomorrow I will report !

Boris
Boris are you able to send any seeds from that money tree you are growing? I haven't seen anyone on RCG spend money blatantly like you do on the latest and greatest right when it comes out.
Dec 11, 2012, 07:29 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa
Try re calibrating the wkm compass. If it works report back here.
Didn't help
Dec 11, 2012, 08:25 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways
Boris are you able to send any seeds from that money tree you are growing? I haven't seen anyone on RCG spend money blatantly like you do on the latest and greatest right when it comes out.

Sid real-estate, but I am cramping in as much fun this year since next year will be hell and i won't have a lot of time for my hobbies !
Dec 11, 2012, 11:06 AM
Registered User
HDMI out GH3 Zenmuse (1 min 27 sec)
Dec 11, 2012, 11:55 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA
..real-estate..
aha Boris, wasnt that you who sold properties in Austria to Moscow's ex-mayor Luzhkov? with the help of his wife he stole about $3billion from municipal budget


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion DJI F550 Hex Build, with 2-axis NEX-5N/GH2 Gimbal... GGoodrum Multirotor Drone Talk 9560 May 27, 2014 11:06 PM
New Product CLD 2/3-Axis FPV Gimbal for mini cameras and GoPro crd FPV Talk 9 Jul 13, 2012 10:42 PM
Discussion DJI Spread Wings S800 and Zenmuse Z15 prices are out! tpnitro Multirotor Drone Talk 120 Jun 19, 2012 01:27 AM
Wanted 3 axis gimbal on a budget =) HobokenHobbiesNJ FPV Equipment (FS/W) 3 Mar 20, 2012 10:57 AM
New Product CLD 2/3-Axis FPV Gimbal for mini cameras and GoPro crd Aerial Photography 2 Sep 12, 2011 06:44 PM