Mar 02, 2012, 02:50 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Zhengrun Z 008 just spins, lower blades haven't got any real power

Hi Guys, First post and new too, be kind. My Z doesn't fly. It just spins ccw while the top blades spin cw. I can stall the lower blades while top blades continue to spin. Looking at the lower balde gear and its main gear I can see that even the motor shaft isn't turning. Holding the lower blades doesn't seem to stall the heli in any way. The lower blades have very little torque. Also, one of the little dog nuts was broken that locks the fly bar to the drive shaft. I've replaced the whole unit that sits atop the driveshaft. Please help with your ideas. Its a good little heli that needs new life. Your friend in flight, Helimor
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2012, 01:22 PM
RC SHOP owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by helimor
Hi Guys, First post and new too, be kind. My Z doesn't fly. It just spins ccw while the top blades spin cw. I can stall the lower blades while top blades continue to spin. Looking at the lower balde gear and its main gear I can see that even the motor shaft isn't turning. Holding the lower blades doesn't seem to stall the heli in any way. The lower blades have very little torque. Also, one of the little dog nuts was broken that locks the fly bar to the drive shaft. I've replaced the whole unit that sits atop the driveshaft. Please help with your ideas. Its a good little heli that needs new life. Your friend in flight, Helimor
For Z008 and P301 sometimes little black gear attached to rear motor is not in place. It should be turning bigger (main) gear. Maybe it is 1mm lower than it should be, or maybe it came off and now lies somewhere on the carpet. Pick it up, and put it back in the place.
In worst case scenario: you need to replace rear main motor (green)

Quick Reply