S.C.R.A.P.S Member
Gray, that is a real shame....

Paul.
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2012, 08:41 AM
Kite flying SCRAPS member
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Electric
Daveb, I assume you'll be travelling with Terry and staying in his portable mansion?

Cheers

Paul.
Yep that's the plan, nothing less than a drive in drive out driveway - even when camping you know, one can't let standards slip!!!

DaveB...>
May 22, 2012, 08:43 AM
Kite flying SCRAPS member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray
I will not be able to make it this year, family commitments!

Have a fantastic meeting though, I will be looking forward to seeing and reading all your exploits!!

All the very best.

Gray.
Gray

I cant believe it you've got to coming it simply won't be the same without you!!!
Last edited by GliderGuideMan; May 22, 2012 at 11:28 AM.
May 22, 2012, 10:34 AM
HI guys, I wont be camping but hope I can pop up for a day.

p.s. managed to get my little hobbyzone supercub fitted with FPV here's its first flight

GOPRO HD - Super Cub FPV flights - 06th May 2012 (10 min 11 sec)
May 22, 2012, 12:37 PM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
Right,

All sorted!

We're staying here: http://bankhousefarmcamping.co.uk/

We have a site with an electric hookup where we'll all be together. Works out at £10 pp per night.

As you'll see on their website, they have a few AP shots. I asked about a field to fly in, in return for more photos. He was very happy to provide a field for us!

I've booked Me, Chargenut, Daveb, Badllama, Richard and Andrew in for Friday and Saturday night. I took a gamble on you staying both nights Badllama.

Anyone else wanting to join can phone the campsite and hopefully they can add you. My sirname is Farmer.

Paul.
May 22, 2012, 12:58 PM
Die noctique
Hi mate you you gambled right I'll be there for both nights

LOL I don't think we could get the pub any closer what a result !
May 22, 2012, 03:46 PM
Fly light, keep it slow.
Good work, Paul.

Thanks for sorting this out. I will be handing a chilled beer or two your way!
May 22, 2012, 04:45 PM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
Yep, great work Paul!!!

I have added the location to the AP flyers map...

http://www.terrysphotos.co.uk/RCGroups/APMeet.php

Paul... you're not listed on there yet!!! Could you add a location?

Actually it occurred to me... do you wanna lift up there? Would save you driving!! There should be ample space in the Caravan for models (or the back of the Espace).

Let me know what you think?

I also notice on the map that the campsite is beautifully sited for Swanlander, Bearded Flyer, Badllama, etc. Which I think is great considering that they have all travelled down Souf' quite a few times in the past. 'Bout time we did a bit more driving!

Cheers,
Terry.
May 22, 2012, 04:46 PM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray
I will not be able to make it this year, family commitments!

Have a fantastic meeting though, I will be looking forward to seeing and reading all your exploits!!

All the very best.

Gray.
What? No...

T
May 23, 2012, 01:34 AM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
Thanks for the offer Terry.

At the moment I'm planning on driving up on Thursday night and staying at the in-laws.
If things change, I'll let you know.

Thanks.

Paul.
May 24, 2012, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargenut
I could go Tenting as well if need be... Maybe I could bring along the "Mansion Tent" all 5 double bedroom lovelyness of it!!!

http://www.tentsandcamping.co.uk/tenby-10.html

T
So I could liken the UK camp meet as nomads of the desert with their humble tents camped at an oasis and then Terry shows up and proceeds to set up his own Taj Mehal..heck its big enough to let his camels in also
Mike
May 25, 2012, 02:03 PM
Yes but Terry never appears until it is dark and then enlists all the other Nomads to help erect his palace.
May 25, 2012, 04:21 PM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Flyer
Yes but Terry never appears until it is dark and then enlists all the other Nomads to help erect his palace.
I might be cross at this comment... if it weren't so very very true, (sorry everyone )

I'm definitely looking to break this habit this year though!!! I'm up for leaving fairly early morning (pack the night before). to make sure that me, Dave (and anyone else coming with me) are there by early/mid afternoon.

Terry
May 26, 2012, 06:19 PM
Fly light, keep it slow.
Ha!
But if you arrive early, I know what will happen.
We will all fly what ever we have brought with us until almost dark... then put up the tents. Then do night flying.
(I have airborne and ground-based LEDs ready this year!)
Jun 05, 2012, 05:42 AM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
I'm up in Staffs at the moment.

Checked out the campsite. It's in a really nice area. If the pub was any nearer it would be in the site!

Have staked out the locations. If we have good weather, this could well be our best meet yet. Very beautiful part of the world.
Have taken a few ground shots but it doesn't seem possible to upload them via my phone.

Paul.

Quick Reply