Mar 02, 2012, 12:14 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

8S lipo balancer charger schematic

Hi everyone, I am currently having a 8S lipo battery pack. Did anyone of you have schematic diagram of 8S lipo balancer charger schematic diagram? I tried to search in this forum but mostly are only 4S charger. I tried to upscale the 4S to 8S however the output is different. Hope any of you can help me. Thank you.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 02, 2012, 01:00 AM
Stuart
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown3900
Hi everyone, I am currently having a 8S lipo battery pack. Did anyone of you have schematic diagram of 8S lipo balancer charger schematic diagram? I tried to search in this forum but mostly are only 4S charger. I tried to upscale the 4S to 8S however the output is different. Hope any of you can help me. Thank you.
You want to build one ?
Mar 02, 2012, 05:14 PM
We want... Information!
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown3900
I tried to upscale the 4S to 8S however the output is different.
There are several DIY charger designs that use LM317 regulators, but they can only manage a maximum of ~30V and 1.2A. An 8S lipo battery needs 33.6V to get a full charge, and you probably want at least 2A charging current to get 4500mA into it in a reasonable time period.

One solution is to make two 4S chargers and wire them in series, with a separate isolated power supply for each charger. If you are charging off the mains then this is pretty simple. Just use two AC-DC power supplies, two transformers with rectifiers, or one transformer with two output windings. An example of dual isolated power supplies from one transformer is shown below (this was for a Lithium Ion charger that I designed - which only does 2S - but the principle is the same).
Feb 25, 2016, 02:57 AM
I know this is pretty old thread but that 4S LiPo balancer on schematic looks good and I want to ask if you could help me little bit?
I have DIY 5S 18650 battery pack in my accu drill and I searching for some DIY 5S charger/balancer. I know I can go to store and buy some but I just love DIY stuff and internet is full of amazing ideas like this 4S Balancer you posted.
So here is my question. Can I put another "LM2903 part" to the schematic?
Are VR1-4 parts the TL431?
I assumed that part VR6 is trimmer used to set right output voltage. So I have to set the output voltage to 21V for 5S Battery Pack. Am I right?

Many thanks

Quick Reply