New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Mar 01, 2012, 12:00 PM
UlteriorModem is online now
Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Registered User
UlteriorModem's Avatar
Discussion

For whom do you cast your vote? WOOF!


Albuquerque man sucessfullys registers his dog to vote.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S....shtml?cat=500

Cant make this stuff up
Old Mar 01, 2012, 12:04 PM
FL Knifemaker is offline
Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
St. Boondock
FL Knifemaker's Avatar
He probably has the common sense not to vote for Obammy then
Old Mar 01, 2012, 12:40 PM
LVsoaring is online now
Find More Posts by LVsoaring
It's gonna be YUGE!!!
LVsoaring's Avatar
The article says he committed fraud. Fraud is a crime of intent. if his intent was to see whether someone could falsely register to vote, no crime has been committed. Not requirng any ID of any kind to register.... now that's a crime.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 12:43 PM
62pilot is offline
Find More Posts by 62pilot
Don't look at me like that....
62pilot's Avatar
I say just shoot the dog, then he can't vote .



Sorry, I realy love dogs. It's cats that I hate.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 12:44 PM
ENGINETORQUE is offline
Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
He probably has the common sense not to vote for Obammy then
That is funny but you're a very bad man
Old Mar 01, 2012, 12:48 PM
Whizz is offline
Find More Posts by Whizz
Registered User
Whizz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
That is funny but you're a very bad man
Are you sure that you're not related to Mr. Methane?
Old Mar 01, 2012, 01:56 PM
LcJ is offline
LcJ
Find More Posts by LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot View Post
I say just shoot the dog, then he can't vote .



Sorry, I realy love dogs. It's cats that I hate.
PETA will find you ......and they don't like people type creatures.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by LcJ; Mar 01, 2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: PITA was a Fraudian slip for PETA which they are....
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:27 PM
62pilot is offline
Find More Posts by 62pilot
Don't look at me like that....
62pilot's Avatar
Ok, I love cats too, specially with fried rice and orange sauce.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:38 PM
UlteriorModem is online now
Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Registered User
UlteriorModem's Avatar
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:34 PM
thunder1 is offline
Find More Posts by thunder1
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVsoaring View Post
The article says he committed fraud. Fraud is a crime of intent. if his intent was to see whether someone could falsely register to vote, no crime has been committed. Not requirng any ID of any kind to register.... now that's a crime.
Is that conservative logic? Wow, if it is. I simply can't imagine what other crime is condoned under such logic.

This is what is says on the voter registration form. By signing the document, he committed fraud.

I have reviewed my state's instructions and I swear/affirm that:
■ I am a United States citizen
■ I meet the eligibility requirements of my state and
subscribe to amy oath required.
■ The information I have provided is true to the best of my
knowledge under penalty of perjury. If I have provided false
information, I may be fined, imprisoned, or (if not a U.S.
citizen) deported from or refused entry to the United States.

Book em, Danno.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:51 PM
foamnpacktape is offline
Find More Posts by foamnpacktape
Build it, don't buy it
foamnpacktape's Avatar
I remember a similar incident in the Northwest US 10 - 20 years ago, a guy registering his dog to vote. IIRC he regretted it.

Carey.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:53 PM
UlteriorModem is online now
Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Registered User
UlteriorModem's Avatar
Wonder how many dogs out there are collecting UEC
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:55 PM
foamnpacktape is offline
Find More Posts by foamnpacktape
Build it, don't buy it
foamnpacktape's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorModem View Post
Wonder how many dogs out there are collecting UEC
If there are at least it is going to food, not beer and smokes.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:18 PM
LVsoaring is online now
Find More Posts by LVsoaring
It's gonna be YUGE!!!
LVsoaring's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder1 View Post
Is that conservative logic? Wow, if it is. I simply can't imagine what other crime is condoned under such logic.

This is what is says on the voter registration form. By signing the document, he committed fraud.

I have reviewed my state's instructions and I swear/affirm that:
■ I am a United States citizen
■ I meet the eligibility requirements of my state and
subscribe to amy oath required.
■ The information I have provided is true to the best of my
knowledge under penalty of perjury. If I have provided false
information, I may be fined, imprisoned, or (if not a U.S.
citizen) deported from or refused entry to the United States.

Book em, Danno.
Well, with that disclaimer, you're sort of right. It would indeed be a crime, the application plainly states so. But fraud, I doubt he'd get charged with that. Intent is an essential element of the crime of fraud. Could be pretty hard to prove.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:19 PM
LVsoaring is online now
Find More Posts by LVsoaring
It's gonna be YUGE!!!
LVsoaring's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorModem View Post
Wonder how many dogs out there are collecting UEC
Wonder how many dogs out there (or other pets) have SS numbers? At least a few, I'd venture to say.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion What do you use to recharge your small 4.8v battery packs? wolfv Slope 24 Apr 04, 2012 08:43 PM
Poll What do we want from designers? (Be sure to cast your vote on the Poll) Boneswamped Auto Gyros 26 Nov 14, 2010 04:45 AM
Flying Wings Forum: Cast your vote! jbourke Electric Plane Talk 198 Nov 04, 2003 12:16 AM
Cast your vote about a Seaplane forum!! Don Sims Parkflyers 0 Jul 30, 2003 05:36 AM
RCX Show, cast your vote! davensocal Electric Flight Events 14 May 13, 2003 03:44 AM