Mar 01, 2012, 07:20 PM
Suspended Account
FHSS is Futaba’s low cost system for short range park fliers. FASST receivers with dual antennas have full range (3 miles +). There are also some single antenna FASST receivers which are short range for park fliers. FASST has Sbus capability.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 01, 2012, 07:23 PM
Suspended Account
Futaba has said that the 8GH will be FASSTest compatible with a firmware upgrade so I don’t see why you are so worried. Just relax and wait until Futaba gets the firmware upgrade ready. They always do extensive testing so I have do doubt that it will be an easy upgrade just like the 8 channel to 14 channel upgrade.
Mar 01, 2012, 07:27 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Wow I had no idea that my fasst receivers were capable of a 3 miles range Again I am still in shock. I had no idea. AWESOME. Also glad to hear the the 8fg isnt being left behind. Just wondering if it will be able to use a 3 types of signals
Mar 01, 2012, 07:44 PM
Oxford Panic
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidbowler
FHSS is Futaba’s low cost system for short range park fliers. ..
I find this very difficult to believe that Futaba would sell a system that only has park flyer range and not tell anyone.
Mar 01, 2012, 07:44 PM
S.A.D. member
Quote:
Futaba has said that the 8GH will be FASSTest compatible with a firmware upgrade so I don’t see why you are so worried.
. . .
Where did they say that?
Mar 01, 2012, 07:46 PM
Oxford Panic
They didn't, there's a lot of speculation but I have yet to see it written by Futaba.
Mar 01, 2012, 07:58 PM
Quote:
That receiver in the pic is not a FASST receiver and wont work with FASST Transmitters
What gave it away, me claiming its S-FHSS or the S-FHSS written on the receiver ?

Also you have yet to say anything factually accurate in your last few posts, please review your information before you post it. Im not trying to be mean, but there is a fine line between speculation and fabrication.

Quote:
[FHSS is Futaba’s low cost system for short range park fliers. FASST receivers with dual antennas have full range (3 miles +).
Also

R2008SB 2.4GHz S-FHSS 8-Channel Receiver
Type: Full-range flight receiver
Modes: S-FHSS or FHSS
Mar 01, 2012, 10:38 PM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA
FASST it's the thing of the past, I don't expect to see around next year.
FASSTest is the telemetry extension of Futaba for its radios.
Total nonsense since FASSTest IS FASST, it simply adds telemetry capabilities to FASST. The base protocols are the same.

The 18MZ is capable of S-FHSS, FASST, FASSTest (12 and 18 channel modes). I would not be surprised if future radios moved in tis direction.
Mar 02, 2012, 02:19 AM
Quote:
All Futaba Fasst radios can use FasstEst receivers, but without telemetry

But users of Futaba 8FG (or others Futaba Fasst radios) can purchase a Futaba Telemetry Box to view the telemetry data.
You can use a SBT FASST/FASSTest RX with a FASST TX but not a SB FASSTest RX with a FASST TX. FASST and FASSTest use both other jump pattern. 36 and 23 channels don't fit together!
Last edited by Kambalunga; Mar 02, 2012 at 05:15 AM.
Mar 02, 2012, 11:33 AM
Correct, that's why the http://www.robbe.de/empf-r6308sbt-fasst-telemetrie.html
receiver was produced.

As to the S-FHSS receivers range. If my 8FG were to gain the S-FHSS protocol. I can state here, I would have absolutly no qualms dropping an R2006 full range 6 channel S-FHSS receiver in my "beater" 4 Star 60
Pete
Mar 02, 2012, 04:02 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
I certainly hope the older FASST radios can be upgraded to FASSTest, but I seriously doubt it. Telemetry would mean the TX need to be able to receive signals as well, so it's a hardware change, not software.

But with that said, a new module would certainly solve it.
Mar 04, 2012, 03:00 PM
Bo Edstrom, Sweden
Hi,

I had hoped Futaba would release for example TM-14 FASSTest module for 14MZ that together with a software upgrade would make it true FASSTest but I do not think that will happen. I have not a clue if that would in theory be a solution but I suppose so since if You look in the mirror when 14MZ was released back in early 2005 it was not a 2.4 GHz FASST radio - the TM-14 2.4 GHz transmiter module with software upgrade made it to that early in 2008.

I think we who already have FASST radios today will have to settle with hybrid receivers that can send to external Telemetry-box or WIFI-box. It is better then to get no telemetry at all so we maybe should be happy.

/Bo
Oct 05, 2014, 02:43 AM
Citizen 357
Was doing some reading about my new 14sg and 8fg and Rxs and stumbled over this. two years later and FASST is still here. and used on their best radios.
Oct 05, 2014, 02:57 AM
FASST still here which way ? selling receivers? they don't need FCC certification.

The FASST Tx are gone, the last Futaba Tx no more list FASST, and so should be with any radio sold after 1st January 2015, entering new ETSI 1.8.1

The rule is to no more issue on market NEW radios using older non compliant modulation, those already existing can be manufactured and sold without issues.
However, is expected to be banned from competitions...
Oct 05, 2014, 08:30 AM
RC expert
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
..., those already existing can be manufactured and sold without issues.
Unfortunately, no!

If you are not compliant to 1.8.1 you cannot produce old products, and cannot sell stock after 1. Jan 2015.

It is the end.

Best regards
Thomas

Quick Reply