Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:24 PM
Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
Murdock,

I'll be digging around over the next day or two for sure, and post up what I find... Just quickly, this guide i had bookmarked from Helifreak forums might be a good baseline to start from. I'm sure there are similar posts here as well once I do a few searches.

http://helifreak.com/showpost.php?p=...9&postcount=24

I like to try a ton of settings and suggestions with most of my gear and models. I end up learning a ton.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:24 PM
Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Get Airborne
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Hammer View Post
I use the telemetry on the Ladybird V2 with my Devo10 but I set the battery alarm to 3.7V. A healthy fully charged LiPo will be at 4.2V so it's better not to discharge below 3.7V to prolong battery life.

I usually get 6-8 minutes of flying time.

Regards,
John
There is a big difference between loaded and unloaded voltage on a LiPo.

To use all the power in a hard loaded LiPo (as is the case in a micro quad) the cell voltage at the end of flight should be about 3.4-3,5 volt. Then it with no load should measure 3,7 volt.

My experience is that not all but most LiPo (UDI 240mAh 30C battery from Banggood) will survive >100 flights when treated this way. And they are cheap 2.5$ each, when buying 10.

Typical voltage history for a micro quad LiPo.
Charged unloaded LiPo: 4.2 volt.
After 1 minutes flying (loaded): 3.9 volt.
End of flight (loaded): 3.5 volt.
1 minute after flight (unloaded): 3.7-3.8 volt.

The telemetry on the Devo 7E shows the battery voltage online on the screen during the flight.

Chears /S
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:35 PM
Muck,

Even though you found it.. Thought I would snap a couple shots with a rule for scale. I'm a visual guy myself, so seeing the actual item with a reference tends to help me when I'm figurin' lol
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:54 PM
Oops, I just realized I didn't swap out the 7e for the 7 that was in the case... The best laid plans of mice and men... geeze. Brain has been in low power mode all week lol
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:09 PM
Find More Posts by muck76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoskids View Post
Oops, I just realized I didn't swap out the 7e for the 7 that was in the case... The best laid plans of mice and men... geeze. Brain has been in low power mode all week lol
LOL. I know the feeling.
Tried to fix the Leds I had made and lost the little sucker. Squeezed the tweezers too tight.

So I removed it all from the LB. Dropped a screw putting it back together and found the led when I found the screw. Whew. Now back to fixing it. Soldering 805 led and tiny resistors isn't fun.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:49 AM
Find More Posts by Mitchie
I had the same kind or "isn't fun" when I was soldering smd's to fix mine. "fun &1/2"
Old Dec 22, 2012, 03:11 PM
Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
My stealth QRLB...Black Quad...NAV lights off...NAV lights on...
Last edited by BD Murdock; Dec 22, 2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 03:14 PM
Heh, talking about leds... Last week, I cut the resistor off a wire lead that was soldered to one of the 0805's I purchased recently. Later, I *thought* I grabbed a different led.. but didn't. I attached the one without a resistor to a fully charged flight battery. A surprisingly loud pop startled me and half of the led turned to dust a millisecond later lol.

I was up late taking advantage of my resident toddler actually sleeping. Guess I needed some sleep as well
Old Dec 22, 2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
My stealth QRLB...Black Quad...NAV lights off...NAV lights on...
Sexy lil thing !
Old Dec 22, 2012, 03:35 PM
Find More Posts by Mitchie
BD, how do you do it? (lights on, lights off Daniel San)
Old Dec 22, 2012, 03:41 PM
Find More Posts by KillerCut
I just got a new ladybird v1 board. it has firmware v1.2 on it... weird, i though 1.1 was the newest one...
Old Dec 22, 2012, 03:55 PM
Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Get Airborne
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCut View Post
I just got a new ladybird v1 board. it has firmware v1.2 on it... weird, i though 1.1 was the newest one...
How do you now what version of firmware it is on the board?
Old Dec 22, 2012, 04:09 PM
Find More Posts by KillerCut
MUCH BETTER. I was flying in green mode, i didn't even realize until it flipped... Its crazy stable now. Its really on rails now..

I purchased the UP02 adapter with the new board...

My old board is v1.0 go figure...

Ohh, and this time, I fly around less than 1/4 throttle. I can barely hit full throttle, the stick movement is so far I would hit the ceiling before I can lower it in time.
They gave it more power. I dunno if its this new board or the new firmware but it really takes off vertical now...

How do I backup/copy the firmware? I would share it with you guys, but there is no backup button...

My old board isn't working right anymore. motor 4 just spins all the time at a fixed throttle setting, even when its not bound yet. I think the wires shorted out at some point... Ohh well, I'm going to order 2 more new ladybird v1 boards to put into v929/v949s...

Also, I got a new frame with the new board, and the battery bay is fatter. The old packs just slide in/out easily. I use 300mah packs now instead...
EDIT: Ooops, maybe not the old batter had extra padding. I didn't realize the new battery didn't have the extra padding, I'm supposed to put it on myself.... 300mah packs fit perfectly...
Last edited by KillerCut; Dec 22, 2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
BD, how do you do it? (lights on, lights off Daniel San)
It's not nearly as tricky as I made it sound...I just plugged in the battery for 'lights on'. The NAV lights are always plugged into a socket I soldered to the battery cable board points. If I want to fly without them I just unplug them otherwise they are on when the quad is powered up.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCut View Post
Ya I just checked Walkera's site and v1.1 is still the latest...again how can you tell? Does it give you a different version number when you interface with your PC?