Nov 14, 2012, 07:08 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Man V2
Thanks flying-llama, just looked it up...
Is there a Mac operating system simulator? Sorry, I should have asked that question earlier.... I don't mind paying for it, but if it's ludicrous money I would rather spend it on spare parts for the V2.
So this is where I am at the moment and future timeline:
1) purchased V2;
2) started crashing learning to fly;
3) started a relationship with a parts supplier;
4) thinking DEVO 7E Tx purchase;
5) thinking simulator purchase;
6) thinking QR Ladybird-Z-07 Receiver (V1 board) as spare or make a second LB;
7) seriously think about building my own arduino based quad.
What do the olde timers think? Any suggestions before I go ahead and 'reinvent the wheel'?
Lol!
You are on the right path to ruin yourself and have tons of fun!
For the simulator, you can't go wrong with Phoenix, compatible Mac:
http://www.phoenix-sim.com/news.asp
You'll find the mQX model as unique quad but quite well rendered IMO.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2012, 07:51 AM
Thank you kosem, however the phoenix website talks about the Apple MAC running Microsoft operating system. Looks like I will spend the simulator budget on spare parts
Any opinions on DEVO 7E V's DEVO 6S Tx?
What can you tell me about the telemetry function of the V1? Worth it?
At this stage I'm leaning towards, a DEVO 7E or 6S with a 6Ch receiver as I would use it on other arduino/RC projects, packaged with a V1 RTF boxed set (possibly from 9imod site). Depending on $$.
Nov 14, 2012, 08:23 AM

Mac Simulator

you might want to give Heli-X a try:

http://www.heli-x.net/index_e.shtml

Regards
Stefan
Nov 14, 2012, 08:50 AM
cellulose laminate reinforced
I have a Devo 6s
they cant shut me up about how much I like it.
Worth the extra $$ and then some.
Flying MiniCP and QRLBv1
great feel in the hands
very nice stick feel
color touch/stylus screen
worthy of serious consideration
a pro radio in a compact form
Nov 14, 2012, 10:30 AM
Any particular reason i should go with V1?

$60 No TX
http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/RC-UFOs-...duct_info.html

$46 With 4ch

I already have a Devo7 so the TX doesn't matter.
Nov 14, 2012, 11:14 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Hi H,
The cheapest shipping to SATX is $25
You will be happy with either one. The V1 has telemetry with higher grade and capable DEVO Tx's, and an accelerometer for assistance in staying level for long periods. I find I do not use telemetry since it uses power and will reduce 1-2 minutes of flight time. The V2 will stay level for a shorter period before you have to correct it.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile
Any particular reason i should go with V1?

$60 No TX

$46 With 4ch

I already have a Devo7 so the TX doesn't matter.
Nov 14, 2012, 11:15 AM
So the V1 is six axis and the V2 is three axis?
Nov 14, 2012, 11:18 AM
H,
Yep.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile
So the V1 is six axis and the V2 is three axis?
Nov 14, 2012, 11:18 AM
Gahhh.. Still waiting on my DSM board.. Where oh where in the world is my DSM board.

Where is it.

According to 9imod, they shipped it out on Nov 1st. According to the HK Post tracking site - "left Hong Kong for its destination on 11-Nov-2012"

Gah. Probably won't see it till Christmas some time.
Nov 14, 2012, 11:44 AM
I almost picked up a cute aluminum case from 9imod for cheap... then I checked the shipping
Nov 14, 2012, 12:09 PM
Get Airborne
Quote:
Thank you kosem, however the phoenix website talks about the Apple MAC running Microsoft operating system. Looks like I will spend the simulator budget on spare parts
Any opinions on DEVO 7E V's DEVO 6S Tx?
What can you tell me about the telemetry function of the V1? Worth it?
At this stage I'm leaning towards, a DEVO 7E or 6S with a 6Ch receiver as I would use it on other arduino/RC projects, packaged with a V1 RTF boxed set (possibly from 9imod site). Depending on $$.
I think its really nice to have a prewarning before the battery is empty, and you crash because its not possible to fast gain altitude when trying to avoid an obstacle.

Most of my flying is between trees and buildings, and I like to fly near the ground.

For me its worth the shorter flight time. With good battery the flying time is almost 6 minutes and battery change only takes seconds.
Nov 14, 2012, 12:19 PM
Get Airborne
Quote:
Thanks flying-llama, just looked it up...
Is there a Mac operating system simulator? Sorry, I should have asked that question earlier.... I don't mind paying for it, but if it's ludicrous money I would rather spend it on spare parts for the V2.
So this is where I am at the moment and future timeline:
1) purchased V2;
2) started crashing learning to fly;
3) started a relationship with a parts supplier;
4) thinking DEVO 7E Tx purchase;
5) thinking simulator purchase;
6) thinking QR Ladybird-Z-07 Receiver (V1 board) as spare or make a second LB;
7) seriously think about building my own arduino based quad.
What do the olde timers think? Any suggestions before I go ahead and 'reinvent the wheel'?
I love my Devo 7E, I think it has the function needed for LB quad flying, also use it when flying Walkera Mini CP (my first Devo).
Nov 14, 2012, 03:38 PM
Can someone (other than a commercial site) verify that the Devo 7E is capable of telemetry action?
I do own a Devo4... how best to set this Tx up to fly a V2? That is, what are the trim settings? Am I right in saying that there are 50 trim settings in the range, 25 being in the middle/no trim?
I trust my vocabulary is correct or at least understandable.
Nov 14, 2012, 03:44 PM
G,
This post claims the DEVO 7e has telemetry capability: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...i#post22176423

The DEVO Tx's will beep when you are at the trim center. The trim click default is 4/20. On my DEVO 10 and other Tx's I set the trim click to 1 step per click for my multicopters for finer trim tuning capability.

Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Can someone (other than a commercial site) verify that the Devo 7E is capable of telemetry action?
I do own a Devo4... how best to set this Tx up to fly a V2? That is, what are the trim settings? Am I right in saying that there are 50 trim settings in the range, 25 being in the middle/no trim?
Nov 14, 2012, 04:09 PM
Get Airborne
Yes, the Devo 7E has telemetry function, I use it every day.

Quote:

Quick Reply