Nov 13, 2012, 12:36 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Hi A,
Except for the flight controller board(FCB), they are identical.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard
The V2 uses the same motors as the v1 right? Is the v2 just as fast? I saw a video of one of you guys flying a v1 and that little thing is fast! I think I am finally going to take the plunge and buy the v2.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2012, 12:57 PM
i bought http://www.ebay.com/itm/200818860016

They work great. I wanted something with a bit higher mah.
Nov 13, 2012, 02:03 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
M,
Way too pricey for me at $11ea for 1s 350mh 25c lipos...
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76
i bought http://www.ebay.com/itm/200818860016

They work great. I wanted something with a bit higher mah.
Nov 13, 2012, 02:44 PM
I picked up the 300mah 5 pack for $11 from banggood and they work great!
Nov 13, 2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins
M,
Way too pricey for me at $11ea for 1s 350mh 25c lipos...
Cheers,
Jim
i agree if i wasn't wanting something faster than overseas at that time.
Before i bought these i was looking at BG, HK, and 2 other sources that all where overseas. Prices were obviously better but by the time i paid faster shipping they where more and i didn't want to be stuck using the stock lipo for 2 weeks. It took 2 days for these and i was happy as a lark.. still am LOL.. I'm used to spending $90 on lipos for my Losi...

Now that i know Tmart has the U816 lipos for $3.69 and ships from the US, i may grab a couple more LOL
Nov 13, 2012, 03:14 PM
Initially I had two reasons to buy the V2:
1) learn to fly a quad;
2) get into arduino based quads (building and programming).
For both of these reasons (as I found out by reading the forums AFTER I purchased it) the V2 was the wrong choice... however, by searching the RC Groups forums I have been enthused, fascinated at the other activities possible with quads and generally sucked right in into the whole culture.
My first flight lasted all of 7-8 seconds when the thing took off in my kitchen, hit the ceiling when the ground effect (that I had no clue about) let go... I then overcorrected left and down and drilled the fridge with the V2 damaging my first CW motor and two propellors. It was at this stage that I started looking for and reading the forums...
Nov 13, 2012, 05:26 PM
Get Airborne
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Man V2
1) learn to fly a quad;
For both of these reasons (as I found out by reading the forums AFTER I purchased it) the V2 was the wrong choice... however, by searching the RC Groups forums I have been enthused, fascinated at the other activities possible with quads and generally sucked right in into the whole culture.
My first flight lasted all of 7-8 seconds when the thing took off in my kitchen, hit the ceiling when the ground effect (that I had no clue about) let go... I then overcorrected left and down and drilled the fridge with the V2 damaging my first CW motor and two propellors. It was at this stage that I started looking for and reading the forums...
Yes, this forum is great for rockies, and for chairing quad thoughts.

Thanks folks for all useful information!
Nov 13, 2012, 05:41 PM
I would be lost without this forum and its members!
Nov 13, 2012, 06:04 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76
As soon as the helimax lid is out I may get one.
I thought about this too muck but I don't think it will work...the LB measures
3-3/8" c/o motor to c/o motor and I've read the 1SQ measures 5.7" c/o motor to c/o motor. My guess is the canopy might fit but would impede the props. I do like the looks of it though.
Nov 13, 2012, 08:18 PM
I'll try to stop to the LHS this week and see what the measurement is between the blades. They have 2 of the HM there.
Nov 13, 2012, 11:58 PM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
Quote:
1) learn to fly a quad;

My first heli was the big Lama 400D (650mm!).
I couldn't use it indoors obviously so I waited for a nice calm sunny day (the wait can be one year here in Paris!) to fly her. I never touched an RC model before nor a simulator. I just trusted the "for beginners" mention on the box...
I was so excited...! After travelling an hour or so I arrived into a nice park, I opened the case, prepared the heli for her maiden flight, surrounded by a bunch of kids and mums impressed by this big flying thing. I was very proud to be "the" pilot of this beautiful aircraft.
Well, the Lama took off, yes... and after half a second drift left dangerously. I was so scared that I cut the throttle and this poor heli hit the grass inverted... breaking the main shaft and the four blades.
I put everything back into the case, avoiding to look at the mocking kids eyes and travelled back home during another hour.
Then... I decided to suscribe to RCG!
Nov 14, 2012, 12:49 AM
It is called 20/20 hindsight!!
But you're here and I'm here and probably how, unfortunately most of us got here!

Is there a simulator that can be used to learn to fly the FB? That can simulate the way the little quad flies?
I know I will need a better transmitter than the Devo 4 to use the simulator, but can I use a Devo 7E (not yet purchased) on it?
Nov 14, 2012, 03:38 AM
Mark Harrison
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile
Thanks. I was actually looking at either a flame wheel or a hoten-x for after i learn to fly the 450sport, but when i saw how cheap the spare motors were, that's the only time i gave the ladybird a second look. Maybe it can be my trainer before moving up to a flame wheel. The batteries being compatible with the ones for the GeniusCP also puts it in a good light.
It's a great trainer. Fly over grass and when you're confused you can just drop it before it flies too far.

I was able to get my nose-in orientation on my ladybird.
Nov 14, 2012, 04:25 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Quote:
Is there a simulator that can be used to learn to fly the FB? That can simulate the way the little quad flies?
The FMS simulator has some models that a person can add (search for something like "quad-copter" or "multi-rotor copter", "FMS" on the web) that simulate fairly large quad copters.
Not quite like the small quads, but still helpful in trying out new moves.
Nov 14, 2012, 05:55 AM
Thanks flying-llama, just looked it up...
Is there a Mac operating system simulator? Sorry, I should have asked that question earlier.... I don't mind paying for it, but if it's ludicrous money I would rather spend it on spare parts for the V2.
So this is where I am at the moment and future timeline:
1) purchased V2;
2) started crashing learning to fly;
3) started a relationship with a parts supplier;
4) thinking DEVO 7E Tx purchase;
5) thinking simulator purchase;
6) thinking QR Ladybird-Z-07 Receiver (V1 board) as spare or make a second LB;
7) seriously think about building my own arduino based quad.
What do the olde timers think? Any suggestions before I go ahead and 'reinvent the wheel'?