Oct 20, 2012, 08:24 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!

Ladybird DEVO Tx 6, 7, 8, 10, 12 settings for 3 to 6 axis mode changes

Gents,
I prefer to use the gear switch to change modes and leave the FMOD switch for throttle curves and end point changes. To set the gear switch to change between 3 and 6 axis modes, go to the FUNCTION MENU/GYRO SENSOR menu, change it to manual, (channel is already set to AUX2), gear switch(vs the FMOD default), pos0=20%, pos1=70%. If you wanted to keep the FMOD switch for the 3-6 axis modes, then your would set pos0=20%, pos1=70%, pos3=70%(optional). NOTE: A high or low endpoint is all that is needed to change the gyro modes, so the percentages only have to be in the high or low range and are not critical for exact values which is why you see so many different suggestions.

Note: For finer trim adjustments go the MODEL/TRIM SYSTEM and set Elevator and Aileron to 1/20.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
Ok, I found where to set the flight mode sw active, but I don't know where to set what % for each position....but it does switch to stunt mode now. thanks
Last edited by jesolins; Oct 20, 2012 at 08:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2012, 07:40 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
I gotta tell ya...there's nothin cooler than havin the slickest, sweetest toys in the neighborhood. Between the 911's, the red eyed LB and the nav lit 929, I'm the god of toys on my block.
Last edited by BD Murdock; Oct 22, 2012 at 06:48 AM.
Oct 22, 2012, 09:01 PM
i received mine today from Nitroplanes. This is a cool little bird. Seems pretty stable but still different from a Coaxial heli. It's going to be a while before i change to stunt mode LOL
Oct 22, 2012, 10:32 PM
I have two L/Bird V1's as one was not enough for me. There that much fun. I just had to find out if V2 was good and today I found out. All are bound to my Devo 7 Tx and V2 does indeed seem to fly just as good. It may be different outside but so far its fine. I got a knick out od Devo 4 TX, not impressed. I will never use it and it will stay in the box. Tomorrow will be Quad day for me. Two 929's/ one U816/ Two L/Bird V1's/ and last but not least L/Bird V2. Batteries are charged and all no issues. I am quite pleased V2 is as good as I hoped. Hey forgot to include Walkrea Scorpion Y-6.
Oct 23, 2012, 05:45 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Hi all,

Got some time this weekend to work on a light set for my Ladybird, didn't get time to finish it until last night.

I decided to go with 8-0805 SMD LED Position Lights: 2-Red for Port, 2-Green for Starboard, 2-Blue for Aft and 2-White for Forward. I also included a 1.8mm Ultra Bright LED for a Headlight...thought that might be fun.

It came out pretty nice. I drew a little 1:1 scale plan so it would make the wiring layout a little easier.

Took a few pictures, hope to be able to post some night flying video soon. This is a sweet little bird!

Regards,
John
Oct 23, 2012, 06:47 PM
I took mine out to the flying field today, and everybody that saw it swore at me.....now they have to go get one

I'm looking for the part number of the module you can buy to upgrade the 2801tx to be able to work devo helis. Does anyone have it by chance (and where to buy..)
Oct 23, 2012, 06:58 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Hi M,
Here you go: Walkera RC Magic Cube MTC-01. Testing and Review with the Walkera TX and Android App
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
I took mine out to the flying field today, and everybody that saw it swore at me.....now they have to go get one

I'm looking for the part number of the module you can buy to upgrade the 2801tx to be able to work devo helis. Does anyone have it by chance (and where to buy..)
Oct 23, 2012, 07:51 PM
Well this is terrible !! Ladybird V1/V2/ Y-6 fly so well just may need to get Horten brushless quad. Battery is expensive and have to do researsh on what can be used. Don't need TX. or charger. I still like helis and include them when I fly, but multi rotors are great. I have landed both V1's on my shoulder that they are that stable. Not recomended thing to do just had to give it a shot.
Oct 23, 2012, 08:50 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
Here's the wee LB with the red LED Eye's...they're damn bright, Kingbright 130 degre viewing angle, both wired in circuit w/ resistors to one plug. I cut the holes into the canopy and hot glued the LED's in so they'd stay in place. Can't see it on my 808 #11 so well but when night flying you can easily see the two LED's separated. I'm gonna scare some wee trick-or-treaters this halloween I can tell ya.

QR Ladybird Red Eyes (1 min 36 sec)
Last edited by BD Murdock; Oct 23, 2012 at 08:58 PM.
Oct 23, 2012, 09:33 PM
Thanks Jim,
You're a wealth of information, makes it really nice here.
Mitch

Oct 23, 2012, 09:35 PM
Or even worse, an MX400 Already caught myself checking all their other quads.....thinking about xmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Well this is terrible !! Ladybird V1/V2/ Y-6 fly so well just may need to get Horten brushless quad.
Oct 23, 2012, 10:01 PM
Buying clones is wasting your money. The best clone mico will never fly like a Ladybird. Six axis gyro is hard to beat. V1 has upgradable RX,accelerometers.and just awesome flyer.
Last edited by dankar04; Oct 23, 2012 at 10:46 PM.
Oct 24, 2012, 02:22 AM
Slope Slope Slope
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Buying clones is wasting your money. The best clone mico will never fly like a Ladybird. Six axis gyro is hard to beat. V1 has upgradable RX,accelerometers.and just awesome flyer.
Not sure if you are aware, but the Y6, HotenX and MX400 are all Walkera made, and are not "clones" of the LB V1 or V2. The HotenX and MX400 are both much bigger, and the Y6 Scorpion is a 6 prop Tri-Copter
Oct 24, 2012, 06:20 AM
Just ordered a V2 off ebay! Cant wait to get it! This will be my first quad. Just a Q - in the illustrations it says throttle and aileron on left stick, and ailerons on right stick. Hoping its the same as a heli? Throttle/ rudder on left stick, and cyclic on right? I can fly helis no sweat, hoping i don't have to re-learn to fly the quad!

I have some reading to do!!
Oct 24, 2012, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
Just ordered a V2 off ebay! Cant wait to get it! This will be my first quad. Just a Q - in the illustrations it says throttle and aileron on left stick, and ailerons on right stick. Hoping its the same as a heli? Throttle/ rudder on left stick, and cyclic on right? I can fly helis no sweat, hoping i don't have to re-learn to fly the quad!

I have some reading to do!!
You should order one with a "Mode 2" tx for that...

Quick Reply