New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Apr 16, 2012, 08:46 PM
Stupest is offline
Find More Posts by Stupest
Registered User
Thanks guys mine arrived earlier than expected! It's a real blast
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:03 PM
HobbyCool_tech is offline
Find More Posts by HobbyCool_tech
Registered User
HobbyCool is getting a shipment very soon. And if you pre-order now you can get $10 off.

USA warehouse

http://www.hobbycool.com/pre_sale.html
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:39 PM
artlouis1943 is offline
Find More Posts by artlouis1943
Registered User
$79.00 at Wow Hobbies in stock.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:32 AM
HobbyCool_tech is offline
Find More Posts by HobbyCool_tech
Registered User
the $79 model from WoW does not include Tx. Its $145 for that. The one from HobbyCool is $139 RTF which includes the transmitter. and if you pre-order its $129
Old Apr 18, 2012, 01:15 AM
boxhead530 is offline
Find More Posts by boxhead530
AMA 965811, FAA FA3MTYYYCK
Aw man, wife was in eyeshot of iPad when I opened email from helipal...ladybird all red...she exclaimed that's so cool...and ordered one....now mind you, she has never in 7 years never wanted even try my rc stuff. Ah, I guess there's always krylon....he he
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:29 PM
loquacious is offline
Find More Posts by loquacious
Registered User
loquacious's Avatar
Hi Guys I am new here and have bought a QR LadyBird with DEVO 7 TX. After making sure all the settings were correct and watching several utube videos showing how stable and manoeuvrable they are I ventured out for a flight.

Pushed the thrust forward and instead of lifting up and hovering (as I thought it should) it quickly raced off at a tangent. No matter what I tried it would either zoom off or continue to rise even though I only had thrust at 60%. The only thing I could do to stop it disappearing was to cut thrust completely and of course it landed (well crashed) about 100 m away.

I have no idea what I am either doing wrong or not doing to get stable flight. Any help greatly appreciated. Kopteri2010 made flying it look so easy and fun.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 01:43 PM
outfast is offline
Find More Posts by outfast
Registered User
@loquacious

I myself have my Ladybird and Devo7 on the way so im no expert (yet) and since the pro's have not responded yet ill have a throw at it.

- Could be that the ladybird needs to be flat on the ground when you turn it on and it finds its level calibration. and yours was not when you tuned it on.

- Maybe 1 of the motors is faulty, lets hope not

- Maybe the calibration switched on your TX are not set right?
I think they should be all in the middle except the vertical 1 on the left stick (in mode 2)

good luck hope it helps
Old Apr 19, 2012, 04:36 PM
ScarFace_ is offline
Find More Posts by ScarFace_
Registered User
ScarFace_'s Avatar
My Ladybird : )
It's very easy to fly...
http://youtu.be/NXMWz25oDmQ?hd=1
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:34 PM
Rafa's CB100 is offline
Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Live to learn. . .
Rafa's CB100's Avatar
I don't think that's the case. I remember playing with this in the early Genius days. It's not that the rx wants flat, it wants still. I understood it better after someone pointed me to an iPhone app called 'sensor monitor', which shows the outputs of the iPhone's various sensors, including it's '6-axis gyro', which is really a 3-axis gyro and a 3-axis accelerometer. The accelerometer acts like a plumb bob on it's own, which is why it looks for still, not level. To test this, I just bound my ladybird with it up on it's side, but still. It flew fine. Give it a whirl, have fun,

Almost Friday,

Rafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by outfast View Post

- Could be that the ladybird needs to be flat on the ground when you turn it on and it finds its level calibration. and yours was not when you tuned it on.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:01 PM
Stupest is offline
Find More Posts by Stupest
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by loquacious View Post
Hi Guys I am new here and have bought a QR LadyBird with DEVO 7 TX. After making sure all the settings were correct and watching several utube videos showing how stable and manoeuvrable they are I ventured out for a flight.

Pushed the thrust forward and instead of lifting up and hovering (as I thought it should) it quickly raced off at a tangent. No matter what I tried it would either zoom off or continue to rise even though I only had thrust at 60%. The only thing I could do to stop it disappearing was to cut thrust completely and of course it landed (well crashed) about 100 m away.

I have no idea what I am either doing wrong or not doing to get stable flight. Any help greatly appreciated. Kopteri2010 made flying it look so easy and fun.
Have you tried holding it in you hands and throttling up? You can feel it trying to maintain level flight. This way you can see if all the motors are running. If it flipped all over the place I would suggest a motor was faulty. But if it shot off in one direction I would guess that your transmitter settings are wrong. check a your trims are centred and that your transmitter is calibrated. My ladybird flew out of the box with transmitter setup for a v120d02s or genius cp. just throttle up slowly and you can see which direction it is going to go before it lifts off. If you have to hold your sticks in a particular direction to stop it trying to tilt you may have to look at your settings and all the transmitter switches again. Have look and see if the light on the ladybird is green or red
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:01 AM
loquacious is offline
Find More Posts by loquacious
Registered User
loquacious's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupest View Post
. But if it shot off in one direction I would guess that your transmitter settings are wrong. check a your trims are centred and that your transmitter is calibrated. My ladybird flew out of the box with transmitter setup for a v120d02s or genius cp. just throttle up slowly and you can see which direction it is going to go before it lifts off. If you have to hold your sticks in a particular direction to stop it trying to tilt you may have to look at your settings and all the transmitter switches again. Have look and see if the light on the ladybird is green or red
Hi, thanks for the advice. My ladybird wants to shoot off in one direction. I can sort of get it hovering briefly by using the right stick to counteract it but that does not last.

I just re-calibrated the sticks but my batteries are flat so cannot test it. I have ordered another ladybird to see if the one I have now is faulty, cannot hurt to have two lol.

If the new one does the same things I'll have to put it down to me being a crap pilot.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:13 PM
loquacious is offline
Find More Posts by loquacious
Registered User
loquacious's Avatar
I think I found my problem. I noticed this morning two cracks in the main frame where the motor arm connects. I am pretty sure this is causing the drift I am getting. I have ordered a new main frame … hopefully it will arrive soon.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:48 PM
HobbyCool_tech is offline
Find More Posts by HobbyCool_tech
Registered User
Ladybird mini quad is now available at Hobbycool

http://www.hobbycool.com/walkera-qr-...rtf-p-467.html
Old Apr 21, 2012, 03:26 PM
vanman2004b is offline
Find More Posts by vanman2004b
Registered User
Will a Devo 6 work for this? It seemed like a good idea at the time to get the 6.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 03:49 PM
Doblao is offline
Find More Posts by Doblao
Registered User

confused


Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyCool_tech View Post
the $79 model from WoW does not include Tx. Its $145 for that. The one from HobbyCool is $139 RTF which includes the transmitter. and if you pre-order its $129
http://www.hobbycool.com/walkera-qr-...rtf-p-467.html

$129,$139 or $149?

Saludos,
Jose


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Project QR-1 - Rutan Quickie Racer Geode Slope 110 May 04, 2010 12:25 PM
Discussion Ladybird Special imp.bob Vintage & Old-Timer Designs 4 Feb 03, 2008 11:08 PM
ladybird beetle/gws easybug nebuchadnezzar Foamies (Kits) 1 Aug 14, 2004 09:48 AM