Mar 14, 2014, 05:47 PM
dde
dde
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04
I have several Ladybirds . . .
Having searched the threads I have not found a way to adjust/set the rates and/or sensitivity on the Ladybird - I have it with the RTF package that includes the Devo 4 TX. It does have a switch to go from a lower rate to what appears to be 100%, I'd like to lower the 'low rate' - nice to have some exponential too but I assume that requires a different TX.

Being new to these marvelous little flying machines I'd like it to be a little less sensitive - it really zips, quite a challenge flying it inside. I also have a Hubsan X4 107L and I find it easier to fly, possibly because I use the prop. protective ring which adds weight. When I give 'aileron' to the LB it continues to go in that direction and no leveling - I have to give opposite to level it.

I also don't understand if there is some calibration one can do on the LB like the Hubsan X4 for leveling (hold left stick to lower right corner and go full limits on aileron about 4 - 5 times until lights flash). It appears the the LB does some at binding - it does fly very level, but I can't keep it still long in a fixed hover.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2014, 10:57 PM
I have two V1/ two v2 but use a Devo 7 TX. The version one came out before any clones. Basic RTF came with 2402D Devo. V2 RTF came latter to compete with clonies and thus Devo 4. I use neither. I was new flyer when I bought my first Ladybird. Yes it was quick but right out of box was very stable. Practice and it gets easier. I have X-4 and it flys fine but much slower. In hi-rates its fun to fly.
Only way to make it fly low and slow is with a computer radio. Devo 7e is fine, plus can be flashed to fly Blade and others. Later you have advantage of seven ch.
I fly full on with green lite and no issue flying. If you hit sticks hard it will flip.
Mar 16, 2014, 02:10 PM
dde
dde
@dankar Thanks for the info - helpful - the LB does seem more solid but very responsive with stick - almost inverse to a normal exponential - lots of stick to bring it back from an out and return on straight path to end of room, just a little to get it going.(I have a 25' x15' x 9' foot room to test in).

Have not searched for it but I do wonder if there are certain maneuvers to work on incrementally to build basic flying skills. My next step is to go outside when the wind lets up and warmer temperatures and work on circles.

I did have two batteries puff and no longer working - voltages are good at 4.2 but no current capability. I suspect I over discharged them with the LB - the original Hubsan X4 battery is still good to go. I like it's flashing lights to indicate LVC.

I did not expect to have so much fun with these little guys - they seem to multiply as I've ordered a v222 from BG.
Mar 16, 2014, 10:06 PM
Multirotor Promotor
Question: Will the Ladybird V2 FC board accept and run 8.5mm chao-li motors
Mar 17, 2014, 09:42 AM
Way back when I started to fly helis bought Ladybird V1's. First flight and was quite new to this knew had a friend. While being quick I could see this was a Great product. I still fly my original l/b's and only changed a couple of props. Old props are spares and work fine. To still like something almost two yeras old is fine feed back on an awesome product. Now fly several Walkera c/p helis and they have done me right.
Heres the Big diff with Walkera. they have excellent computer radios. Devo 10 is most bang for buck TX on market. It can be flashed to wotk many other brands. Plus cost is less than DX6i. Nothing wrong with DX6i but its only good for Spectrum gear. Devo 10 can do both plus Futaba/ and others. If you are a hobbiest and not some bargain basement noobie Brand names pay off down the road. clones have so many protocols make your head spin. WL toys has four/ and maybe even more. so one quad TX will not wirk with another model. even though same maker .
Mar 25, 2014, 06:52 AM
I recently sold a V2 w 2402 D to my friends buddy. Bird flew great and sold it with two new batteries. Guy recieved it and flew it fine. I had this bird since it first came out. New owner was flying it the day my friend was there. Anyway he let it get away from him and dunped it hard unto hard top. He now awaits parts, took out a boom and motor. Felt a little bad as I had flown it and never had any damage. Oh well stuff happens.
Mar 25, 2014, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondM
Question: Will the Ladybird V2 FC board accept and run 8.5mm chao-li motors
The motor holders for the ladybird are made for 7mm motors so, no it will not accept them. However, if you get infra x motors with holders you can swap them out. The board will run them fine, I've been doing some testing with them and i really like them. I'm making my own motor holders for them but out of 1/4 square carbon graphite for my Venoms, they dwarf the tiny 3mm square booms that chine in the lb....

I wanted to mention, i have carbon fiber reinforced ladybird frames for sale....they'll be up on my website within 24hrs. They are much more rigid than the stock frame, prevents twisting and cracking that seems to be an issue for a lot of people.
Last edited by Ramz Innovations; Mar 25, 2014 at 05:56 PM.
Mar 25, 2014, 06:02 PM
Multirotor Promotor
How about a link Ramz. and what batteries do you suggest with the infra X arms and motors?
Mar 25, 2014, 06:22 PM
Link to my website? http://www.Ramseyinnovations.com

I'd highly suggest the turnigy nano tech 750mah 35C cells. YOU MUST SWITCH THE PLUG POLARITY ON THE NANO 750 BATTERIES. Its easy to switch, just don't forget or you'll fry the receiver. You also need to adjust the gyro pot on the receiver any time you change the AUW... You want to turn the pot clock wise very very slightly, like a 16th of a turn, its range is less than a 1/4 turn in either direction. You can adjust it with it off, it will "read"the Pots position during binding.

Here's a pic of the reinforced frame...
Mar 25, 2014, 07:57 PM
Multirotor Promotor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramz Innovations
Link to my website? http://www.Ramseyinnovations.com

I'd highly suggest the turnigy nano tech 750mah 35C cells. YOU MUST SWITCH THE PLUG POLARITY ON THE NANO 750 BATTERIES. Its easy to switch, just don't forget or you'll fry the receiver. You also need to adjust the gyro pot on the receiver any time you change the AUW... You want to turn the pot clock wise very very slightly, like a 16th of a turn, its range is less than a 1/4 turn in either direction. You can adjust it with it off, it will "read"the Pots position during binding.

Here's a pic of the reinforced frame...
I will switch the polarity's on the 750's as I will put them to micro deans. 1/16 of a turn on the gyro pot when using the batteries/extra weight. didn't knowe that you can adjust them while off.
The frame looks very interesting but I didn't see it on your site.???
Mar 25, 2014, 08:26 PM
Yeah, my wife is working on the website, it should be up later tonight.
The gyro pot isn't "active" at all after binding when its powered up.... If you adjust it while its on it won't have any effect until the next time you power up and bind...then it will "read" the pot setting again.
Apr 07, 2014, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggyWiggy
Yes, here is the Ver 1.4 file provided to me by Walkera:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0Tx%20v1.4.bin

There was no mention of what it contained or what problems it might fix -- nothing -- just the file.
Hi!

I'd like to upgrade my LB firmware to version 1.4, but it seems that you moved the file that you kindly shared a few months ago... Could you please share the link again to your file?

Thank you so much! Warm greetings from Mexico.
Apr 10, 2014, 08:22 AM
Hey Ramz, I notice you're out of stock of the LB frames. Do you know when you'll be back in stock?
Apr 10, 2014, 08:35 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Hi c,
I was able to find it by using the "search this thread's" attachments tool. That said here you go:

Walkera Ladybird V1 firmwares 101

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbona18
Hi!

I'd like to upgrade my LB firmware to version 1.4, but it seems that you moved the file that you kindly shared a few months ago... Could you please share the link again to your file?

Thank you so much! Warm greetings from Mexico.
Jul 11, 2014, 04:51 AM

One lazy motor, Ladybird

Hi!
I found that someone else had the same problem, but it wasn't solved yet.
One of my Ladybirds motors is "lazy", starts spinning after others and stops earlier. And no amount of trim will help to adjust this. I just replaced the motor with a brand new one, no success. Tried with 2 fully charged batteris and tinkering the wiring.
Flicking the propels with fingers, seems that all spin equally well. No hair or other junk.

This started gradually, after a couple of hard crashes it has gotten worse.
No visible damage
New receiver? Or new Ladybird and save this crippled one as spare parts? Thoughts?

Quick Reply