Thread Tools
Mar 04, 2012, 08:15 PM
Registered User
kevin's Avatar
the grass on the side of the taxiway will be used for pilots and some vendors. there is grass straight out from the runway that has been used in the past although i am not sure of its current condition. we will keep an eye on it, but i dont anticipate it being an issue. one thing to note...this is a full scale private airport so there are some landing lights. we will cone them appropriately so people like pablo, bob b, and jack can aim for them
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 04, 2012, 08:18 PM
Registered User
kevin's Avatar
500ft or 8000ft, most people will land at the end ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter
Guys, I'm concerned about there being enough runway to land :-|
Mar 05, 2012, 06:22 AM
2017 EDF Jet Jam, June 15-18
Robert Belluomini's Avatar
In that case Kevin just a photo of yourself on those cones and I will make sure I hit them!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin
the grass on the side of the taxiway will be used for pilots and some vendors. there is grass straight out from the runway that has been used in the past although i am not sure of its current condition. we will keep an eye on it, but i dont anticipate it being an issue. one thing to note...this is a full scale private airport so there are some landing lights. we will cone them appropriately so people like pablo, bob b, and jack can aim for them
Mar 05, 2012, 07:54 AM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
jfetter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini
In that case Kevin just a photo of yourself on those cones and I will make sure I hit them!!!!!
Why don't we make it more fun and add points to each cone based on expected difficult hitting them!

Jack
Mar 05, 2012, 08:15 AM
Dream Build Fly Scale
strictlyscale's Avatar
I like it. Replace the speed contest with an obstacle course!
I'll definitely sign up....to watch.
T-minus 186 days...can't wait!
Mar 05, 2012, 12:13 PM
Registered User
kevin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini
In that case Kevin just a photo of yourself on those cones and I will make sure I hit them!!!!!

All you have now are flying beer coolers, i am not worried about those running into me or my picture
Mar 05, 2012, 12:44 PM
MAAC SAVED RC!!
vettster's Avatar
I see from the Google Earth search that there is plenty of grass for Bungee AC. I presume the launching will be done to the left or right of the flight stand. But landing will still be a little tricky as the runway is probably 75' wide and that would make landing about 100' away from the pilots station. Solution.......roll out 400' of sod on the runway every hour for bungee'ers to land on. Then just roll it up at the end of the hour
Mar 05, 2012, 03:28 PM
2017 EDF Jet Jam, June 15-18
Robert Belluomini's Avatar
Exactly!


Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin
All you have now are flying beer coolers, i am not worried about those running into me or my picture
Mar 07, 2012, 09:01 AM
Registered User
Ken Park's Avatar

Photo of the week!


The best Test pilot guy everyone goes too!
Mar 07, 2012, 10:50 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Park
The best Test pilot guy everyone goes too!
Nice Ken, keep'em coming!
Mar 07, 2012, 11:54 AM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
jfetter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Park
The best Test pilot guy everyone goes too!
Yeah... Just don't ask him to charge your batteries!

Jack
Mar 07, 2012, 12:21 PM
Fast Jets for Fast times
Lmeano_from_MO's Avatar
Here is my contribution from 2010. A couple guys next to our tent assembled 2 jets and had Pablo what I believe flew the maiden on this one.
Mar 08, 2012, 09:30 PM
Registered User
Hope not, it's against the AMA safety code. No insurance if anything bad happens.


Ric
Mar 08, 2012, 10:17 PM
Dream Build Fly Scale
strictlyscale's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicVaughn
Hope not, it's against the AMA safety code. No insurance if anything bad happens.


Ric
Huh??
Mar 08, 2012, 10:25 PM
fly like an EAGLE ;)
corsair nut's Avatar
maiden at a ama sanctioned event


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion E-Jets International 2011 kevin Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 1379 Feb 13, 2012 08:37 PM
Alert E-Jets International kevin Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 1310 Nov 26, 2009 10:53 PM
Discussion E-Jets International Sept. 10-13 2009 Terry N Electric Flight Events 3 Aug 16, 2009 11:18 AM
How many e-jets going to the Florida International Jet Rally? DeanW Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 10 Oct 26, 2008 12:13 AM