Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Park
A nice way to start your weekend!
You are a master with that camera!
Mar 02, 2012, 03:19 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strictlyscale
Sweet! Are you running your eBandit on 16S now? Time to update your eBandit thread! Can't wait to see that. Mine's been on order for about 5 weeks so still a few weeks away from seeing it first hand.
This is my Bandit e-conversion, it ran last year on 16S but stupid me didn't notice the exhaust tube pulled in (and off the EDF shroud) because when initially hooked up, it ran backwards! I found out putting it away on Sunday (183 MPH was the top speed)...

Jack
Mar 03, 2012, 06:05 PM
Watt me worry?
200 MPH eBandit this year!

Jack

Jack what controller ar you using on 16s? I'm trying to get a handle on the MGM controllers(12s)....anyone familiar with them as I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new controller?
Mar 03, 2012, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax1965
200 MPH eBandit this year!

Jack

Jack what controller ar you using on 16s? I'm trying to get a handle on the MGM controllers(12s)....anyone familiar with them as I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new controller?
Jeti Spin 200. Before you say "you mean 15S", no, I mean 16S ;-)

Jack
Mar 04, 2012, 08:33 AM
Watt me worry?
O.K. thanks........I get what you mean about 16s Jack.......you guys can do the high powered setups.......I stop at 12s...and in fact I will be downsizing to Habu sized planes from now on. I really like the little Habu 32.....running it on 6s but I think I might try a Arc on 8s and see what happens. I do need a new controller for 12s in my Hawk and is the reason I ask about the MGM controllers....the TMM 14063-3 X-SERIES is the one I am looking at.
Mar 04, 2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax1965
O.K. thanks........I get what you mean about 16s Jack.......you guys can do the high powered setups.......I stop at 12s...and in fact I will be downsizing to Habu sized planes from now on. I really like the little Habu 32.....running it on 6s but I think I might try a Arc on 8s and see what happens. I do need a new controller for 12s in my Hawk and is the reason I ask about the MGM controllers....the TMM 14063-3 X-SERIES is the one I am looking at.
I still use Jeti and Castle, the interest 6 or so months back in the newer "no name" high voltage ESC's seemed to die down, no idea if that is a reflection on the product or what but until I see wide use, I'll stick to what's proven. I love the Habu 32, I'd like to do one with Stu's 80mm setup for 8S...

Jack
Mar 04, 2012, 02:30 PM
2017 EDF Jet Jam, June 15-18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter
I still use Jeti and Castle, the interest 6 or so months back in the newer "no name" high voltage ESC's seemed to die down, no idea if that is a reflection on the product or what but until I see wide use, I'll stick to what's proven. I love the Habu 32, I'd like to do one with Stu's 80mm setup for 8S...

Jack
Jack you would love the 8S setup in the Habu.
Mar 04, 2012, 02:32 PM
MAAC SAVED RC!!
Will Bungee launch aircraft be able to fly there?
Mar 04, 2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster
Will Bungee launch aircraft be able to fly there?
Yes they will.
Mar 04, 2012, 02:42 PM
MAAC SAVED RC!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry N
Yes they will.
Good Stuff! Next question....will bungee launched aircraft be able to LAND there without shaving 1/2" off the bottom of the plane...lol

No need to answer that one. Im sure there's grass somewhere...Even if its behind the pits.(that usually where I land anyways)
Mar 04, 2012, 03:05 PM
EDF Jet Jam 2017, June 15-18
Quote:
Good Stuff! Next question....will bungee launched aircraft be able to LAND there without shaving 1/2" off the bottom of the plane...lol

No need to answer that one. Im sure there's grass somewhere...Even if its behind the pits.(that usually where I land anyways)
LOL...now that was funny
Mar 04, 2012, 03:51 PM
AKA Terry Till
If you do a Google map of the airport and select satellite image, you'll see a lot of grass on both sides of the runway. I suppose the "other" question is how smooth the grass is for belly landings. No gopher holes, big divots or straw grass, I hope.
Mar 04, 2012, 06:22 PM
Fly now crash later
Quote:

Your not suppose to tell them that part.
Mar 04, 2012, 08:12 PM
Guys, I'm concerned about there being enough runway to land :-|