Mar 02, 2012, 09:08 AM
Registered User
Ken Park's Avatar

EJETS Photo of the week! Terry Nitsch BVM F86


A nice way to start your weekend!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 02, 2012, 09:40 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Park View Post
A nice way to start your weekend!
You are a master with that camera!
Mar 02, 2012, 03:19 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
jfetter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by strictlyscale View Post
Sweet! Are you running your eBandit on 16S now? Time to update your eBandit thread! Can't wait to see that. Mine's been on order for about 5 weeks so still a few weeks away from seeing it first hand.
This is my Bandit e-conversion, it ran last year on 16S but stupid me didn't notice the exhaust tube pulled in (and off the EDF shroud) because when initially hooked up, it ran backwards! I found out putting it away on Sunday (183 MPH was the top speed)...

Jack
Mar 03, 2012, 06:05 PM
Watt me worry?
Madmax1965's Avatar
200 MPH eBandit this year!

Jack


Jack what controller ar you using on 16s? I'm trying to get a handle on the MGM controllers(12s)....anyone familiar with them as I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new controller?
Mar 03, 2012, 09:44 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
jfetter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax1965 View Post
200 MPH eBandit this year!

Jack


Jack what controller ar you using on 16s? I'm trying to get a handle on the MGM controllers(12s)....anyone familiar with them as I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new controller?
Jeti Spin 200. Before you say "you mean 15S", no, I mean 16S ;-)

Jack
Mar 04, 2012, 08:33 AM
Watt me worry?
Madmax1965's Avatar
O.K. thanks........I get what you mean about 16s Jack.......you guys can do the high powered setups.......I stop at 12s...and in fact I will be downsizing to Habu sized planes from now on. I really like the little Habu 32.....running it on 6s but I think I might try a Arc on 8s and see what happens. I do need a new controller for 12s in my Hawk and is the reason I ask about the MGM controllers....the TMM 14063-3 X-SERIES is the one I am looking at.
.
Mar 04, 2012, 08:49 AM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
jfetter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax1965 View Post
O.K. thanks........I get what you mean about 16s Jack.......you guys can do the high powered setups.......I stop at 12s...and in fact I will be downsizing to Habu sized planes from now on. I really like the little Habu 32.....running it on 6s but I think I might try a Arc on 8s and see what happens. I do need a new controller for 12s in my Hawk and is the reason I ask about the MGM controllers....the TMM 14063-3 X-SERIES is the one I am looking at.
.
I still use Jeti and Castle, the interest 6 or so months back in the newer "no name" high voltage ESC's seemed to die down, no idea if that is a reflection on the product or what but until I see wide use, I'll stick to what's proven. I love the Habu 32, I'd like to do one with Stu's 80mm setup for 8S...

Jack
Mar 04, 2012, 02:30 PM
2017 EDF Jet Jam, June 15-18
Robert Belluomini's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter View Post
I still use Jeti and Castle, the interest 6 or so months back in the newer "no name" high voltage ESC's seemed to die down, no idea if that is a reflection on the product or what but until I see wide use, I'll stick to what's proven. I love the Habu 32, I'd like to do one with Stu's 80mm setup for 8S...

Jack
Jack you would love the 8S setup in the Habu.
Mar 04, 2012, 02:32 PM
MAAC SAVED RC!!
vettster's Avatar
Will Bungee launch aircraft be able to fly there?
Mar 04, 2012, 02:35 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster View Post
Will Bungee launch aircraft be able to fly there?
Yes they will.
Mar 04, 2012, 02:42 PM
MAAC SAVED RC!!
vettster's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry N View Post
Yes they will.
Good Stuff! Next question....will bungee launched aircraft be able to LAND there without shaving 1/2" off the bottom of the plane...lol

No need to answer that one. Im sure there's grass somewhere...Even if its behind the pits.(that usually where I land anyways)
Mar 04, 2012, 03:05 PM
EDF Jet Jam 2017, June 15-18
Kevin Cox's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster View Post
Good Stuff! Next question....will bungee launched aircraft be able to LAND there without shaving 1/2" off the bottom of the plane...lol

No need to answer that one. Im sure there's grass somewhere...Even if its behind the pits.(that usually where I land anyways)
LOL...now that was funny
Mar 04, 2012, 03:51 PM
AKA Terry Till
ex-racr's Avatar
If you do a Google map of the airport and select satellite image, you'll see a lot of grass on both sides of the runway. I suppose the "other" question is how smooth the grass is for belly landings. No gopher holes, big divots or straw grass, I hope.
Mar 04, 2012, 06:22 PM
Fly now crash later
davecrash's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster View Post
Good Stuff! Next question....will bungee launched aircraft be able to LAND there without shaving 1/2" off the bottom of the plane...lol

No need to answer that one. Im sure there's grass somewhere...Even if its behind the pits.(that usually where I land anyways)
Your not suppose to tell them that part.
Mar 04, 2012, 08:12 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
jfetter's Avatar
Guys, I'm concerned about there being enough runway to land :-|


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion E-Jets International 2011 kevin Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 1379 Feb 13, 2012 08:37 PM
Alert E-Jets International kevin Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 1310 Nov 26, 2009 10:53 PM
Discussion E-Jets International Sept. 10-13 2009 Terry N Electric Flight Events 3 Aug 16, 2009 11:18 AM
How many e-jets going to the Florida International Jet Rally? DeanW Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 10 Oct 26, 2008 12:13 AM