Aug 30, 2012, 10:58 AM
2024 EDF Jet Jam, June 6-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin
not sure about a mass launch around the demos since we will be letting turbines have a small slot at that point (thats one update i wanted to mention). maybe something to consider during one of the "grass" slots.

also, there are 4 rooms left at the best western suites. the block discount ends friday.

Please limit the turbines until after 5pm or only the noon time show. I understand turbine pilots will help defray costs.
Last edited by Robert Belluomini; Aug 30, 2012 at 11:31 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 30, 2012, 11:21 AM
The club likely has quite a bit of extra expense in using a full scale runway for nearly a week this year while selecting a new field. I can live w/ a turbine or two flying in demos only at noon while I'm eating a sandwich if it brings in a few more paying spectators that would like to see both types. I also doubt there will be more than a couple turbines coming to an event where they cannot fly until after 5pm. If it helps cover the additional expense so I can land hot and roll out for 2000 feet then ok until a new field club field is selected so no airport rental cost next year.
Aug 30, 2012, 11:25 AM
True enough carl. I guess we'll see how it goes this year. If it looks like the turbine (who I love, don't get me wrong) squeeze out too much e-jet time, well then, maybe that would be something to discuss for next year. Otherwise, look forward to seeing everybody there.
Aug 30, 2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandermh
True enough carl. I guess we'll see how it goes this year. If it looks like the turbine (who I love, don't get me wrong) squeeze out too much e-jet time, well then, maybe that would be something to discuss for next year. Otherwise, look forward to seeing everybody there.
As long as there are E-Jets in the air, not any worry about getting squeezed out by turbines. The current plan is a slot during the noon time shows and after 5:00. I doubt if there will be more that a handfull there anyway. The object is to make sure something is flying to entertain spectators since they are footing a large portion of the bill. The more E-Jets the better! Terry
Aug 30, 2012, 12:28 PM
Well said Terry!
Aug 30, 2012, 01:20 PM
KingtechUSA
Also many people with large Ejets also have turbines and it nice to be able to fly both some. Its a huge expense to go to an event and when looking for events to attend you dont want to only bring part of your fleet.
Aug 30, 2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunradd
Also many people with large Ejets also have turbines and it nice to be able to fly both some. Its a huge expense to go to an event and when looking for events to attend you dont want to only bring part of your fleet.
Then they need to change the name from "E-Jets" to... lets say
"Heart of Ohio Jet Scramble"!
Aug 30, 2012, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini
Then they need to change the name from "E-Jets" to... lets say
"Heart of Ohio Jet Scramble"!
Now that's origional!
Aug 30, 2012, 03:46 PM

Want new T-Shirt to wear!

E-JETS
Life Enough
For
ME!

opc orn:: popcorn:
Aug 30, 2012, 04:33 PM
Turdoe Must Go!
I have never attended E jets before. I was invited twice by Terry to come. When I heard that Turbines where going to be aloud to fly...I said HELL YEAH Ill be there. At no point did I ever presume I would be aloud to fly during the show or even for a lunch event. But I would appreciate a solid answer to the conditions before I haul a very large and expensive turbine across the border(im sure the paper work on that will be a real joy)

If I can only fly it during the Noon event..I wont bother to bring it at all. But if I can fly after 5pm then Im in

PA F-104 Turbine
HK Hawk 90mm EDF
HK L-59 90mm EDF

Trevor Murphy
Aug 30, 2012, 06:47 PM
Thread OP
well then it looks like you are in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster
I have never attended E jets before. I was invited twice by Terry to come. When I heard that Turbines where going to be aloud to fly...I said HELL YEAH Ill be there. At no point did I ever presume I would be aloud to fly during the show or even for a lunch event. But I would appreciate a solid answer to the conditions before I haul a very large and expensive turbine across the border(im sure the paper work on that will be a real joy)

If I can only fly it during the Noon event..I wont bother to bring it at all. But if I can fly after 5pm then Im in

PA F-104 Turbine
HK Hawk 90mm EDF
HK L-59 90mm EDF

Trevor Murphy
Aug 30, 2012, 08:18 PM
The Earth got in the way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg
Don't get me wrong, I love the turbines but why the decision to mix them in with this premier EDF event? I am not bashing the decision but just wondering why.
I heard from 2 members today that the E-jets event has lost money over the last 2 years so turbines are being allowed to bring in more people.

I can tell you the last 2 years I tried to buy a shirt or hat and their booth was cash only. I lost my wallet a few years back and only carry a little bit of cash on me, but I wasn't the only on that couldn't buy a shirt with a debit card...
Aug 30, 2012, 09:18 PM
I might have some kind of new Turbine jet to fly in the noontime show
Aug 30, 2012, 09:26 PM
Thread OP
Close but not quite. E-Jets has made money all but last year. 2 members?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy
I heard from 2 members today that the E-jets event has lost money over the last 2 years so turbines are being allowed to bring in more people.

I can tell you the last 2 years I tried to buy a shirt or hat and their booth was cash only. I lost my wallet a few years back and only carry a little bit of cash on me, but I wasn't the only on that couldn't buy a shirt with a debit card...
Aug 30, 2012, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry N
Now that's origional!
Of course not but you might as well bring the oriinal event back to Columbus it was one of the best!

Quick Reply