Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:58 PM
Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
AMF Years
Quote:
Originally Posted by exeter_acres View Post
Thanks for posting that video. Now I know I have been doing one half the time, and the other half the time. (That's when I'm not doing a flop top.)
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:51 PM
Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Some.. call him Tim...
Funny! I was thinking the same thing about mine..
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:07 PM
Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
I think I've been doing Zwiebeltops.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:08 PM
Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Team Extreme Flight
For those of you who prefer to work with vinyl decals................. B and E Laser Graphix Package
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:13 PM
Find More Posts by C_Watkins
This is NOT a TOY?
Doc... see, if anyone could ever manage to drag you a couple states to your north, once in a blue moon...
you could've demonstrated the Enema and its subtle differences to both the zwiebelurm and the pop-top.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:59 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:26 PM
Find More Posts by stgdz
Volts>amps
how do you get it to stay still at the top of the pop top, just apply opposite rudder?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:50 PM
Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
They Call him Dead!
Thanks for posting Curtis. I was sure that Leo was doing a Pop Top as the announcer called it a Lomcevak which was an obvious mistake. He probably had never seen one before and this was his best answer?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:05 AM
Find More Posts by 3drcparts
inverted-i-fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
nice trashing, love the energy, your prop says 12/6 are you running a 12x6 apc?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:15 AM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
nice trashing, love the energy, your prop says 12/6 are you running a 12x6 apc?
Yes... APC 12/6E.

I have a little trouble readingv the small lettering the props are marked with, so nowdays I use a black marker. That also denotes that I balanced the prop.

Years ago I broke an 11/5.5. I accidentially put a 14/7 on the plane and, of course, it blew up in a big fireball and trailed billowing smoke all the way to the ground, whereupon it coughed out a little black mushroom cloud. Now I mark my props in big, black letters so there can be no doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
how do you get it to stay still at the top of the pop top........
I'm the Doc, that's how.

Quote:
........ just apply opposite rudder?
It depends. If I hit it too hard and it is going to rotate past straight back, I will hit opposite rudder to catch it where I want it. Most of the time, because I have done a billion of these, I hit the timing pretty close and it's a matter of releasing the rudder at the right time and it stop spinning on it's own.
Last edited by Doc Austin; Oct 30, 2012 at 12:21 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:14 PM
Find More Posts by Tom K.
Facts, Logic, 3D
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
how do you get it to stay still at the top of the pop top, just apply opposite rudder?
It looks like, to me, a gust of wind stopped him. He had no rudder applied when it stopped, so a mix of Doc's timing and wind probably made for that cool stop at the top of the pop top. Either way, it looked really cool!

--Tom K.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:42 PM
Find More Posts by 3drcparts
inverted-i-fly
[QUOTE=Doc Austin;23135470]Yes... APC 12/6E.

I have a little trouble readingv the small lettering the props are marked with, so nowdays I use a black marker. That also denotes that I balanced the prop.

Years ago I broke an 11/5.5. I accidentially put a 14/7 on the plane and, of course, it blew up in a big fireball and trailed billowing smoke all the way to the ground, whereupon it coughed out a little black mushroom cloud. Now I mark my props in big, black letters so there can be no doubt

interesting, I'm running a 14x7 on my motrolfly, maybe I should prop down
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:52 PM
Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
They Call him Dead!
[QUOTE=Inverted-I-Fly;23142160]
Quote:
Yes... APC 12/6E.

If it is the 2820 then you have the right prop
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:24 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
....interesting, I'm running a 14x7 on my motrolfly, maybe I should prop down
Check your amp draw. You might be fine.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:37 PM
Find More Posts by Tom K.
Facts, Logic, 3D
[QUOTE=Inverted-I-Fly;23142160]
Quote:
Yes... APC 12/6E.

Which motrolfly?

--Tom K.