This thread is privately moderated by KCV6, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 27, 2012, 07:42 AM
lurking in the HOLE :)
Thread OP
Build Log

Hybrid Droidworx Quad Part 4. lower mounting plate

Got around to getting some more pieces together today. Droidworx use a really good system to connect the "payload/camera" to the underside of their platforms. It pretty much consists of a couple of carbon rods with threaded inserts and a U shaped base plate and a bunch of thru hole grommets. The grommets act as double vibration isolation and so long as the plate has some weight hanging off it it works very nicely.

I didn't have a spare plate so I got some 1.5mm Aluminum and fabricated my own. I had some grommets and fasteners that would do the job.

I also decided I wanted to mount my LiPo's off to the sides in the same manner Photohigher does with their retractable landing gear.

Below are some pics of the parts I got together and some basic assembly shots. There is an A4 sheet of paper with my first draft of what the 2 battery holder plates will look like. The last picture is a 3D model showing the LiPo Mounting plates and rods and how they mount. These get attached to the sides of the U shaped tray via passing the grommets through both the tray and the plate. I will try to get these cut and prepared over the next couple of days. Once thatís done I can attach the landing gear to these and then get to wiring the Quad up.

This Quad is actually coming together quite quickly. Having a lot of spare parts and some scrap CF laying around of course helps this
Last edited by KCV6; Feb 27, 2012 at 11:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply