Help me to determine if this is a #3 808 camera - RC Groups
Feb 26, 2012, 08:06 PM
Slow Flyer
Help!

Help me to determine if this is a #3 808 camera

Upon recommendation of an ebay seller with #3 cameras advertised, I purchased one. In attempting to change the timestamp, it appears that mine might not be a #3 after all.

I used the instructions here to reset the stamp for a #3 camera.
http://www.chucklohr.com/808/#SetDateTime

Also on the chucklohr site, a sample youtube video is linked to provide an example of the time/date stamp.
808 Car Keys Micro Camera - Removing Date Time Video Stamp - Logoaway (0 min 32 sec)

I also used this table to try to identify the camera as a #3 by the timestamp.
http://www.chucklohr.com/808/#VideoToCameraType

Based on the timestamp position and date order on the attached video frame, it appears that the timestamp resembles a #10 or #9 camera.

So, do I have a #3 or something else? Any other easy ways to determine?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 27, 2012, 03:37 PM
Ascended Master
I'm presuming the second image shows the time stamp as correct.
What more do you need, regardless of the camera #?
Feb 27, 2012, 04:40 PM
Slow Flyer
#3 is one of the better versions. The timestamp color, location on the frame, and configuration (month/day/year vs year/month/day) is a way to determine if you got a #3 or a less desirable version.

I was hoping that the 808 keychain camera experts would chime in here.

But no, the two timestamps are not the same configuration...which leads me to believe that mine is not a #3.