New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:10 AM
BaracW is offline
Find More Posts by BaracW
I feel the need for speed
BaracW's Avatar
I bought it from hobbycool.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:26 AM
Jason Cole is offline
Find More Posts by Jason Cole
RCG Staff
Jason Cole's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaracW View Post
Where do you get the cool bumblebee battery straps from? My kit did not have those, or any other strap for that matter.

BaracW
You can get them in the US from Hobby Lobby here http://www.hobby-lobby.com/battery_s...39714_prd1.htm
Administrator
Old Jun 26, 2012, 02:34 PM
BaracW is offline
Find More Posts by BaracW
I feel the need for speed
BaracW's Avatar
Delete
Last edited by BaracW; Jun 26, 2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:55 PM
scottd9990 is offline
Find More Posts by scottd9990
Registered User
scottd9990's Avatar

BBQ (Bumble Bee Quad) Videos


I have been doing lots of videos lately. I will try to post up later tonight here or my youtube (sdavis9990)

Not to much going on here, hope you all are out flying!!! Happy 4th to you all....

Scott
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:04 PM
BaracW is offline
Find More Posts by BaracW
I feel the need for speed
BaracW's Avatar
I wish i could be making videos, but the ARF kit I bought from Hobbycool almost three weeks ago, I still don't have all the parts for. I am loosing my patience. Next step is complaint to Paypal.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:13 PM
scottd9990 is offline
Find More Posts by scottd9990
Registered User
scottd9990's Avatar

Waiting on parts


Oh that stinks!! I just managed to break mine again tonight! So I am waiting on parts as well!!!!

Scott
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:14 PM
BaracW is offline
Find More Posts by BaracW
I feel the need for speed
BaracW's Avatar
Anybody know what would cause the LED to flash repeated red with a fully charged battery and full tx control? I can engage motors, but it keeps flashing red.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 05:40 AM
ddoltar is offline
Find More Posts by ddoltar
Registered User
ddoltar's Avatar
link it to st assistant and calibrate battery with the program. then set the voltage when the warning should come on. then write to flight controller
Old Jul 01, 2012, 07:44 AM
BaracW is offline
Find More Posts by BaracW
I feel the need for speed
BaracW's Avatar
I've done that. Voltage shown on program is correct at about 12.4v on fresh battery and low voltage is set for 9.6v.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:35 AM
BaracW is offline
Find More Posts by BaracW
I feel the need for speed
BaracW's Avatar
Jason, thanks again for your help. When I should need parts again, like now, any chance of having a "small parts only" shipping option? For instance, was looking to get 2 sets of TQD550022. Price of 3.99 each set, is almost tolerable, however $11.99 standard ground shipping is the cheapest option, bringing the total to almost $20. By comparison, Hobbycool, has same parts for 1.30 per set, with a $2.80 USPS shipping option, making exact same order $5.40 shipped. Help us support you, as you know what I think. But, obviously, you can see where its difficult to justify.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 10:11 PM
HobbyCool_tech is offline
Find More Posts by HobbyCool_tech
Registered User
Hello Barac, I spoke with you on the phone the other day. I hope you have your Bumble Bee quad flying and happy

You have my cell number and skype , feel free to call or skype me anytime buddy. I am here to support you 100%. HobbyCool appreciate your business and patience!

Although our business is not as big as Hobby-Lobby we do our best to support you in any way we can. Especially in shipping costs and part prices.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 10:19 PM
HobbyCool_tech is offline
Find More Posts by HobbyCool_tech
Registered User
This message goes out to all HobbyCool customers. If you have any issues with your bumble bee kit or any products from HobbyCool . Please send me a PM . I always check my email.

and from there I will give you me skype and cell phone number so you can call anytime for support. I do the technical support but I romance customer service on the side I can take care of your issues ASAP!

thanks
Last edited by HobbyCool_tech; Jul 03, 2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 10:21 PM
Jason Cole is offline
Find More Posts by Jason Cole
RCG Staff
Jason Cole's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaracW View Post
Jason, thanks again for your help. When I should need parts again, like now, any chance of having a "small parts only" shipping option? For instance, was looking to get 2 sets of TQD550022. Price of 3.99 each set, is almost tolerable, however $11.99 standard ground shipping is the cheapest option, bringing the total to almost $20. By comparison, Hobbycool, has same parts for 1.30 per set, with a $2.80 USPS shipping option, making exact same order $5.40 shipped. Help us support you, as you know what I think. But, obviously, you can see where its difficult to justify.
I'll bring it up next week when everyone is back in the office. Not sure how HC can stay in business with those prices, but I'm sure we can do better on shipping.
Administrator
Old Jul 03, 2012, 10:36 PM
ddoltar is offline
Find More Posts by ddoltar
Registered User
ddoltar's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboone View Post
I'll bring it up next week when everyone is back in the office. Not sure how HC can stay in business with those prices, but I'm sure we can do better on shipping.
i imagine they can afford those prices because they dont pay anyone to work their customer service.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 10:40 PM
BaracW is offline
Find More Posts by BaracW
I feel the need for speed
BaracW's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyCool_tech View Post
Hello Barac, I spoke with you on the phone the other day. I hope you have your Bumble Bee quad flying and happy

You have my cell number and skype , feel free to call or skype me anytime buddy. I am here to support you 100%. HobbyCool appreciate your business and patience!

Although our business is not as big as Hobby-Lobby we do our best to support you in any way we can. Especially in shipping costs and part prices.
Thanks Tuan. I have had a couple of good flights, but still need a few parts. I must say, I'm a little baffled about a company that the only point of contact is a single tech support/customer service/sales guy. You are a big help and I haven't lost all hope with Hobbycool, but its frustrating dealing with a company that has a single source of help who is not always available (can't blame you for that) and doesn't have voicemail set up. Though, you do always call back on the missed call and always do what you can to help.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Bob Starr Bumble Bee ---video added--- AJWoods Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 36 Aug 14, 2013 11:58 AM
Bumble Bee - It's CUTE !! ChrisP Parkflyers 26 Jul 19, 2006 05:07 PM
Hobby-Lobby Bumble Bee ratman Parkflyers 3 Jun 12, 2002 06:42 PM
Hobby Lobby Bumble Bee Twin Tom Smith Foamies (Kits) 12 May 10, 2002 12:23 PM
Hobby Lobby Bumble Bee ? Tom Smith Parkflyers 1 May 06, 2002 04:34 PM