Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:49 AM
Find More Posts by arrowking
Started working on the elevator and rudder design.

For the elevator, I followed Hover of Die's lead and picked up some pillow blocks.

For a control arm, I'm thinking of these:

Instead of pillow blocks, I could've used these:

http://www.fultslandinggear.com/Accessoriespage.html
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:51 PM
Standard steering wheel arms are for 5/32" rod, rather than 1/4". I did pick up some 1/4" pillow blocks (smallest size), but I might just switch over to 5/32" hardware which is cheap and plentiful.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:49 PM
I was looking at the rear gear design, and realised that when landing, the gears will apply moments to their mount points. One side is tensile while the other is compressive. I don't trust the epoxy to hold on to much tensile load. It's epoxied to a thickness of foam and a small thickness of fibreglass. I'm afraid the joint will fail.

Luckily I have a simple fix which I'll post pics of when I complete it.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:05 PM
Find More Posts by rifleman_btx
AMA#900532
I've ordered this retract system for my F16... Looking to see how deep these fold in, and how deep they seat when installed.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:24 AM
I got myself a CNC router. I will revisit a few design decisions, particularly I think I will try to go with a built up wing.

I probably won't be posting for a while, we'll see. Busy time of year.