Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:34 PM
Find More Posts by vh2q
Discussion

Cox 010 pistons.

Where does one get .010 pistons? I have a nice new-looking 010 but somehow, no piston. Want to put it in a Guillows rubber band model RC conversion.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:41 PM
Find More Posts by colibriguitars
That´s suc..., are very hard to find, two weeks ago, i sow one piston and cilinder on ebay, but the bids were so hi.
hope you find it!!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 02:15 PM
Find More Posts by microflitedude
RCG -Minus Member
TeeDee .010 piston/cylinders = Unobtainium.

Unless of course, you have oodles and oodles of money....
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:45 AM
Find More Posts by Reginald
Quote:
Originally Posted by vh2q View Post
Where does one get .010 pistons? I have a nice new-looking 010 but somehow, no piston. Want to put it in a Guillows rubber band model RC conversion.
I do'nt think that Cox sold those pistons apart, the spares I've got or seen were always complete engine blocks
Old Feb 29, 2012, 01:16 PM
Find More Posts by silvaire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
I do'nt think that Cox sold those pistons apart, the spares I've got or seen were always complete engine blocks
Cox made and sold .010 replacement piston/cylinder assemblies.

I don't know whether or not Cox sold individual pistons, but I know from personal experience that in the mid 1960's individual .010 cylinders were available. I burred the port of the cylinder of my .010 while removing it. The wise hobby shop owner strongly urged me to purchase the matched piston/cylinder set, but for reasons of cost I purchased only the cylinder - much to my later regret.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 05:28 PM
Find More Posts by skaliwag
Don't know if it is true but I was told many Moons ago by a ex Cox employee that in the Olde Days the .010 sets were matched by a guy with Coke bottle glasses.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 01:26 AM
Find More Posts by CZ10
That's why a few months ago when I spotted a "grab bag" of assorted stuff on here that had a .010 P&C set and 2 glow heads among all the props, tanks, etc., for about $40, I jumped on it. I figured the P&C were worth close to 1/2 that alone and the props, tanks, wrenches, .049 glow heads, etc., were just a bonus.

Odd that it s missing the piston. Does it appear to have been run?
Old Mar 01, 2012, 01:35 AM
Find More Posts by vh2q
It looks new. I just took the head off to see if the piston had come adrift but I didn't look close to see if there was any fuel residue in it. I also noticed there was no head gasket installed. I will look for a parts motor as I would like to get it going.