New Hobbyzone Firebird Stratos 42" Twin-Prop Trainer!! - Page 47 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Sep 26, 2012, 03:51 AM
Closed Account
Other than "post on here".. have you tried contacting HZ customer service??
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 26, 2012, 10:16 AM
Registered User
cr8tive_leo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginohio
I am still not raving on this plane...I have refused to fly it in over a month...last time I went up took a hard left bank and straight down... Not the first time...I have had it up doing figure eights and just circuits..but last few times it crashing...I have posted on here where I think they are binding..I bought this as a first plane because of advertisements....I actually enjoy flying my 4 channel um t-28 more than this....or the hobby zone champ...I can fly both of those without dive bombing the ground.....still thinking it is a servo sticking...ugghh
Change the transmitter batteries? Fully charge the battery?
Check your CG too. I mis-mounted my fpv cam slightly forward, and it did what you described. Hard left, nose down... ack! But fixed the cg, and voila, no issues.

Always check your transmitter batteries too.

All else fails, call customer support, they are awesome!
Sep 26, 2012, 10:24 AM
Registered User
You are one of the relative few that have complained about this plane. If it is indeed a sticky servo, then HH will make it good. The CS there is awesome. I have well over 100 flights on mine with absolutely NO issues.
Sep 26, 2012, 11:57 AM
Closed Account
+1 chucksolo69
Sep 27, 2012, 12:19 AM
Registered User
Guardian7's Avatar
I have so many flights on my Stratos I've now lost count, this plane certainly takes a beating and keeps flying. I let my friends and grandkids fly this thing without worry. I have used my hot glue gun on low temp setting to glue the battery door latch and front nose landing gear after 20-30 bad crashes. Also have lubricated the motor bearings every 5-10 flights. After about 50 flights we spent $5 on a new set of propellers. The Wife just bought one for our 11 year old Grandson with a spare batt and prop set. My only complaint is the battery charger, they need to include an AC adapter.


This Plane got me over the hump!
Sep 27, 2012, 03:46 AM
Closed Account
Way to go, Guardian!
Sep 27, 2012, 09:19 AM
Registered User
cr8tive_leo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian7
... My only complaint is the battery charger, they need to include an AC adapter....
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/USB-Car-Charg...item5895f1bfa5

You can find them at any auto parts store, wally mart, etc. $4-$10.
Sep 27, 2012, 03:25 PM
I Fly!
jrtubb's Avatar
What are you using to lubricate the motors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian7
I have so many flights on my Stratos I've now lost count, this plane certainly takes a beating and keeps flying. I let my friends and grandkids fly this thing without worry. I have used my hot glue gun on low temp setting to glue the battery door latch and front nose landing gear after 20-30 bad crashes. Also have lubricated the motor bearings every 5-10 flights. After about 50 flights we spent $5 on a new set of propellers. The Wife just bought one for our 11 year old Grandson with a spare batt and prop set. My only complaint is the battery charger, they need to include an AC adapter.


This Plane got me over the hump!
Sep 27, 2012, 06:36 PM
Registered User
Subscribed.
Sep 27, 2012, 07:26 PM
Closed Account
Welcome to the Thread, lplumb.
Sep 27, 2012, 08:29 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy
Welcome to the Thread, lplumb.
Thanks! I have one here in rout from EBay didn't really mean to win. Lol
Sep 27, 2012, 10:35 PM
Registered User
Ginohio's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy
Other than "post on here".. have you tried contacting HZ customer service??
sorry, no I have not contacted hobbyzone...I preordered this plane if you look back into the early posts for this bird.. You will see...I just haven't flown it because I didn't want to tear it up anymore....So..I fly my champ and micro t-28 in the mean time...I thought the 4 channel t-28 would be harder....but..at least I can fly it......no quick drops and then crash...
Sep 28, 2012, 01:49 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
Gerry__'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginohio
sorry, no I have not contacted hobbyzone...I preordered this plane if you look back into the early posts for this bird.. You will see...I just haven't flown it because I didn't want to tear it up anymore....So..I fly my champ and micro t-28 in the mean time...I thought the 4 channel t-28 would be harder....but..at least I can fly it......no quick drops and then crash...
Where did you buy it from?
Sep 28, 2012, 10:25 AM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
Gary Hoorn's Avatar
Ginohio,
I recommend you contact Hobby Zone. They have good customer service and most likely will assist you. Posting here will get you ideas but if a hardware problem exists that is beyond the ability of a forum.
Gary
Sep 28, 2012, 12:09 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn
Ginohio,
I recommend you contact Hobby Zone. They have good customer service and most likely will assist you. Posting here will get you ideas but if a hardware problem exists that is beyond the ability of a forum.
Gary
Excellent suggestion.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion HobbyZone Firebird Commander 2 jakob98 Electric Sailplanes 0 Sep 09, 2011 06:48 PM
Sold Hobbyzone Firebird Phantom parts - $30 take all PACubFlyer103 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Sep 07, 2011 06:34 AM
Sold Hobbyzone Firebird Outlaw RTF - Great for kids and/or beginners baddb1 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 May 08, 2011 08:36 PM
Discussion Why was HobbyZone Firebird Freedom RTF dicontinued? cschrein Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 2 Apr 19, 2011 08:15 AM
Sold Hobbyzone Firebird Commander 2 Plus Extras banjo_nc Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Apr 01, 2011 08:49 PM